recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Excellent udapte, the end with the flasback, bruh, really too dark, I look forward to the continuation of the main story.

By the way, is there a start date for Rachel's story ?
First of all, thanks!
When the main story is done, I'll start working on Rachel's story, though I'm not sure if I'll start working on it immediately.
My thoughts about how to make and what to do in Rachel's story changed a bit, since I initially planned it, so I'll have to think about how to start and what to add.

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
First of all, thanks!
When the main story is done, I'll start working on Rachel's story, though I'm not sure if I'll start working on it immediately.
My thoughts about how to make and what to do in Rachel's story changed a bit, since I initially planned it, so I'll have to think about how to start and what to add.
This is a great story so far and I really like how the MC has been discovering how his father not only was abusing Rachel but his little sister as well. Now all that needs to happen is for the MC to use this knowledge to help his family get the mental help that they need so they can all be happy. And maybe give Rachel the true happiness she deserves.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
This is a great story so far and I really like how the MC has been discovering how his father not only was abusing Rachel but his little sister as well. Now all that needs to happen is for the MC to use this knowledge to help his family get the mental help that they need so they can all be happy. And maybe give Rachel the true happiness she deserves.
Hard not to wonder if he was abusing the female protagonist as well. When she argues how young her sister is, it made me think that she had been older when first abused. I played as her on my second run-through, so I was prepared for the shock. When I played as John, it hit me so hard I just sat in front of the computer crying for some time.

Sigh. This topic can't help but make me think of a woman I know who, as a teenager, was raped by her drunken uncle because she intervened to protect her grandmother (his mother) from that fate. :( Needless to say, she will never play this game.

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
Hard not to wonder if he was abusing the female protagonist as well. When she argues how young her sister is, it made me think that she had been older when first abused. I played as her on my second run-through, so I was prepared for the shock. When I played as John, it hit me so hard I just sat in front of the computer crying for some time.

Sigh. This topic can't help but make me think of a woman I know who, as a teenager, was raped by her drunken uncle because she intervened to protect her grandmother (his mother) from that fate. :( Needless to say, she will never play this game.
It hit me hard as well. 2 of my 6 sisters were molested by 1 of my great uncles and his 2 sons when we were growing up. They held onto this secret for years until it happened again with one of my cousins but this time they put her in the hospital. For the longest time after everything came out I felt really bad because as the only male in my house I was supposed to look after and protect my sisters and I couldn't. It hit me hard when I deployed overseas and found out what happened. But my sisters are ok now that they have bee getting help. But to me it still hurts that I wasn't there for them.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
It hit me hard as well. 2 of my 6 sisters were molested by 1 of my great uncles and his 2 sons when we were growing up. They held onto this secret for years until it happened again with one of my cousins but this time they put her in the hospital. For the longest time after everything came out I felt really bad because as the only male in my house I was supposed to look after and protect my sisters and I couldn't. It hit me hard when I deployed overseas and found out what happened. But my sisters are ok now that they have bee getting help. But to me it still hurts that I wasn't there for them.
Remember, you didn't know. You had no reason to suspect and were not looking for warning signs inside your family. We all grew up being wary of "Stranger Danger." We were taught that our biological family was safe. When I finally told father decades later, he said I should have told him. Abuse often comes with threats, so don't blame yourself.

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
Remember, you didn't know. You had no reason to suspect and were not looking for warning signs inside your family. We all grew up being wary of "Stranger Danger." We were taught that our biological family was safe. When I finally told father decades later, he said I should have told him. Abuse often comes with threats, so don't blame yourself.
I try not to. My Mom and sisters even say that there was nothing that I could have done. That's why I'm really protective when it comes to my little girls now and my nieces. Even my wife laughs at how much my little girls are always helping me in the yard or we're watching movies together or playing games together.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Dragon59 kcaldw
No direct family experience with that (as far as I know), but I've known a couple of young women that have been abused by family or close friends. You never expect it and when you hear about it, well, I just see red. Anyone that would hurt their child or any child that way: instant death sentence if see it happening. I'll take my chances with 12 after making that asshole get carried by 6 (or just burned and abandoned).

BL4Z3ST0RM

May 18, 2018
Not sure what the hell happened to the performance of the game, Might just be the Multi-mod, but even then it shouldn't take upwards of 5-10 seconds just to load a new text-box... I could understand it maybe if it was about to load a 30+ second long animation or something, But not for a simple fucking text change...

On another note: Fuck that cliff-hanger, gave me so much adrenaline I wanna punch a fucking hole through my wall, Yeuck...

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Not sure what the hell happened to the performance of the game, Might just be the Multi-mod, but even then it shouldn't take upwards of 5-10 seconds just to load a new text-box... I could understand it maybe if it was about to load a 30+ second long animation or something, But not for a simple fucking text change...

On another note: Fuck that cliff-hanger, gave me so much adrenaline I wanna punch a fucking hole through my wall, Yeuck...
I think many of us were deeply affected by that one. The challenge was that it was like the movie had ended and credits are rolling, then you get hit by a disturbing post credits scene.

One thing--if it wasn't for the integrity of their father's partner (Johnson) in all this, the thin blue line would have eaten the MC alive and the father would have been made a hero. Gives me a lot of respect for him.

Last edited:

BL4Z3ST0RM

May 18, 2018
I think many of us were deeply affected by that one. The challenge was that it was like the movie had ended and credits are rolling, then you get hit by a disturbing post credits scene.

One thing--if it wasn't for the integrity of their father's partner in all this, the thin blue line would have eaten the MC alive and the father would have been made a hero. Gives me a lot of respect for him.
Totally agreed here, Johnson is a real one...

I'm also glad that nothing worse has happened coming from Ward, was genuinely scared he was gonna go too far... (Further than he already has at least)

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Psst...Update 0.8.5
mostly fixes and improvements, but there's one nice little scene...
171 Render
10 Animations
fixed the Gallery
added new scenes from 0.8+ to the gallery
reworked the Settings (aka preferences) menu
added some QOL settings (see the settings menu)
general QOL improvements
fixed some code issues
added italian and french languages (fan translated!!). Currently at 0.8, not updated to 0.8.5, yet, e.g. the last scene is not translated!

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
Psst...Update 0.8.5
mostly fixes and improvements, but there's one nice little scene...
171 Render
10 Animations
fixed the Gallery
added new scenes from 0.8+ to the gallery
reworked the Settings (aka preferences) menu
added some QOL settings (see the settings menu)
general QOL improvements
fixed some code issues
added italian and french languages (fan translated!!). Currently at 0.8, not updated to 0.8.5, yet, e.g. the last scene is not translated!
A French version ? Here is what is interesting for me.

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
I have to say this was easily one of the best things I have bought on steam in the last year.
plus, it has achievements which I think is awesome.
I have noticed lately more great visual novels are releasing on steam than ever before.
And I think that's great.

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
Can anyone tell me what the last scene in the gallery is it's locked but I thought I had everything unlocked?

Edit - never mind I just clicked on it, and it unlocked automatically :)

4.40 star(s) 198 Votes