Zoomaa

Jul 14, 2022
can someone explain this to me Im confused a bit. I used the I patch I thought that Rachel is just the dad's girlfriend because the overview stat that Mc's mother died but now the mc says that Ellie is a half-sister ???
screenshot0001.png

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
can someone explain this to me Im confused a bit. I used the I patch I thought that Rachel is just the dad's girlfriend because the overview stat that Mc's mother died but now the mc says that Ellie is a half-sister ???
View attachment 2609059
the i patch isnt canon, in the real game it says something along the lines of, "ellie isnt my half sister, but a step sister" or something like that.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zoomaa

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
If anyone still has bugs outside of the gallery, then it's either because if a mod or unofficial patch, or because they're using an unofficial version. Everything except the gallery has been fixed.

Reactions: jaw1986baby

0tt0von

Dec 19, 2022
View attachment 2609059
My understanding is that Rachel is MC's step-mother and Ellie's biological mother. MC thought that Ellie was MC's half-sister (same father different mothers) but it turns out that Rachel had an affair and Ellie is the product of that affair meaning Rachel is Ellie's mom but Ellie is not biologically related the MC.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zoomaa

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
My understanding is that Rachel is MC's step-mother and Ellie's biological mother. MC thought that Ellie was MC's half-sister (same father different mothers) but it turns out that Rachel had an affair and Ellie is the product of that affair meaning Rachel is Ellie's mom but Ellie is not biologically related the MC.
Ummmm

That is what MC thinks after she/he overhears something they do not understand but later they find out that Ellie 100% has the same father as MC and is blood related half-sister.

Zoomaa Don't read the spoiler until you have played a few days further.

Mathiaslos

Mar 15, 2020
Possible bug? - This is not a recommended fix but should simply be considered as a possible bug report. It is strongly cautioned against making any changes to any game code based solely on this post! ;)

Ver 8.1 w/hotfix (both un-modded and modded) - There appears to be a typo within maps.rpy which I have not seen reported yet? If it has, I apologize for the duplicate report.

This appears to result in the missing of a scene on one of the possible routes during Day 12. This does not appear to result in anything game breaking or the missing of anything critically important but does result in the missing of a few minutes of story and discussion between characters.

This occurs when: leaving MC bedroom to begin the FreeRoam search for 'E' after a big reveal. Which results in the missing of conversations with Jada and Rachel and the searching of the garden.

Original code: skips scene d12EroomJ and jumps straight to d12EroomJ2.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Should be:
EDIT 2023-05-11: This has now been been corrected with the updated hotfix. Thank you Recy and Meushi!

Last edited:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Possible bug? - This is not a recommended fix but should simply be considered as a possible bug report. It is strongly cautioned against making any changes to any game code based solely on this post! ;)

Ver 8.1 w/hotfix (both un-modded and modded) - There appears to be a typo within maps.rpy which I have not seen reported yet? If it has, I apologize for the duplicate report.

This appears to result in the missing of a scene on one of the possible routes during Day 12. This does not appear to result in anything game breaking or the missing of anything critically important but does result in the missing of a few minutes of story and discussion between characters.

This occurs when: leaving MC bedroom to begin the FreeRoam search for 'E' after a big reveal. Which results in the missing of conversations with Jada and Rachel and the searching of the garden.

Should be:
Nice find, I must've changed that by accident at some point, cause I remember it working in the beta, and possibly first release.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Nice find, I must've changed that by accident at some point, cause I remember it working in the beta, and possibly first release.
Updated the hotfix to fix skipping the d12EroomJ scene on day 12 (per Mathiaslos): searching the house, talking to Jada & Rachel when Ellie runs off.. Doesn't replace any of the original game files.

4.40 star(s) 199 Votes