John Podi

Jun 9, 2017
When I hit Ignore, either it jumped to the beginning of the game or it fully crashed the game. Again, I'm not saying you yourself or others didn't get it to work. I'm saying I couldn't get it to work, full stop. No offense, but the saves working for you doesn't fix my problem.
Yea, I couldn't get the saves to work either. I just went into the settings, set it to Skip Unseen Text, then held the CTL key till I got to where I had last played to. Only took maybe 10 or 15 minutes.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I know several of you keep saying that you were able to Ctrl-skip and play the beta... or that you got some saves to work... or whatever else. I've already said multiple times now, though: I'm going to wait until the non-beta release. So while I appreciate the effort, don't bother suggesting things for me to try now, because I'm not trying anything with this beta version anymore. Thanks anyway.

Reactions: Mr. Robo

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024
with a beta of an update that we waited for over a year and without save compatibility to add on it...
"As usual with beta's, expect bugs and maybe some weird stuff happening.
I can't guarantee everything working without such beta's.
I also can't guarantee save compatibility anymore from this point onwards, at least up until version 1.0 (we're at 0.9, so...), since I have to make several code changes for the final release, and will remove temp fixes I did ages ago for save compatibility between updates, those will be redundant in the final release.

Anyway, I hope you'll have fun testing the beta, and please report any bugs you might find.

PS: I won't be home over the weekend, so please don't expect any super quick fixes, but I will check in whenever I can ;)"

Not Recs fault someone leaked it onto here early. Blame them. Also, you can find answers as to why it has taken long.

Like people on here love mentioning, use that search function.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
When I hit Ignore, either it jumped to the beginning of the game or it fully crashed the game. Again, I'm not saying you yourself or others didn't get it to work. I'm saying I couldn't get it to work, full stop. No offense, but the saves working for you doesn't fix my problem.
did you play with sancho's mod? if so then you need to de-sanchofyi your saves.

update pls.......
as expected.

*cusses*

anyways once more: WHEN full version of 0.9 comes here.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
WHEN full version of 0.9 comes here.
And Sancho gets his power back. He should have it back by now, but not for sure with a hurricane. I've seen electric off for a week after a tornado here, so could be as long or longer with a hurricane.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
And Sancho gets his power back. He should have it back by now, but not for sure with a hurricane. I've seen electric off for a week after a tornado here, so could be as long or longer with a hurricane.
that explains why he hasn't updated danielsk's game mod.

Reactions: Talmadge

noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
The Steam version has the same problems with not running very well, and loosing video (text only) after a few minutes of play. The Steam version is also a beta.

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024
The Steam version has the same problems with not running very well, and loosing video (text only) after a few minutes of play. The Steam version is also a beta.
I finished playing it a bit and no, it isn't the "Beta" version. Unless you put it in the "Beta" branch.

The only issue I have is with one of the animations (when your MC kisses Rachel for the first time? I don't remember) anyways, when they are kissing, it starts off fine but once they move their head sideways, it stutters/lags a bit for me.

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024
it is in the beta branch.
I'm playing an old version.

It's the Beta without being in the Beta Branch? okie dokie then.

"To access the beta, go to your steam library, right click on Bad Memories, select properties, go to betas, and chose the beta in the dropdown menu on the right"

Nobeta.jpg

Ravnen

Dec 25, 2020
Yes, it is. I've noticed new content from the last release.
I mean existing scenes has gotten a new overhaul etc, but I could find any new scenes. Should I start a new game is it because my latest save is at the end of the former version?

4.40 star(s) 204 Votes