-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The issue about saves not working is in my opinion not such a big deal. Just change the preferences to "skip unseen text", hold the shift button down and make a quick runthrough. Takes like 15 minutes of your valuable life time that you might have wasted anyway with stupid shit to be honest...... ;)
Unless you have a playthrough where you can't remember what specific choices you made before. Then you have to try to remember the choices or later have something different... and if the new outcome isn't what you want, then you have to start over again to figure out where the wrong choice was and change it. There are some games like that, so generally thinking broken saves are "not such a big deal" is definitely not something everyone will agree on. I don't remember if this specific game is complex in that way, but you shouldn't really need to figure out if it's complex in the first place when you're this far along, should you?

I don't think it's a big deal at all that this is only a beta and saves aren't working, because you can always wait until the fixed official public version of 0.9 comes out. I just think saying broken saves are "not such a big deal" is just pretending there's not a major issue with the beta that should get fixed.

Also, what if that 15 minutes would've been spent on another game? So playing any other game is "stupid shit"? I feel like you might not have fully considered what you were typing before you posted your reply. I realize you're just expressing an opinion, but it felt like you posted your response in a hurry, not really paying as much attention as you could've. As a small example, you would hold Ctrl down, not Shift, something probably not missed if you checked your post before submitting it. :unsure:

Reactions: f1lol

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I don't remember if this specific game is complex in that way, but you shouldn't really need to figure out if it's complex in the first place when you're this far along, should you?
The choices in this game mostly amount to just choosing who you're interested in and where you go to first.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The choices in this game mostly amount to just choosing who you're interested in and where you go to first.
OK, but not exactly the point. Although I mentioned this game (because I didn't remember anything particularly tricky in choices), I was speaking in generalities. You shouldn't need to Ctrl-skip and choose things again. However, I also realize this is a beta, which is why I'm not bothered by it currently.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
OK, but not exactly the point. Although I mentioned this game (because I didn't remember anything particularly tricky in choices), I was speaking in generalities. You shouldn't need to Ctrl-skip and choose things again. However, I also realize this is a beta, which is why I'm not bothered by it currently.
People shouldn't need to start from the beginning anyway. There's a point at which saves will work with this version

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
People shouldn't need to start from the beginning anyway. There's a point at which saves will work with this version
I don't know how true that is. Some people shouldn't need to, maybe. But I tried my saves from v0.8.5 and they didn't work. I tried saves from v0.8.1 and v0.8.0 and they also failed to load. I tried using auto-saves, and those didn't work. After having gone back through more than 2 previous versions, I gave up. I'm not gonna bother trying to verify any further, because I've already moved on. I'm more than happy to wait for the full version 0.9 to release instead, which should have fixed whatever-the-hell is going on with saves in this beta.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I don't know how true that is. Some people shouldn't need to, maybe. But I tried my saves from v0.8.5 and they didn't work. I tried saves from v0.8.1 and v0.8.0 and they also failed to load. I tried using auto-saves, and those didn't work. After having gone back through more than 2 previous versions, I gave up. I'm not gonna bother trying to verify any further, because I've already moved on. I'm more than happy to wait for the full version 0.9 to release instead, which should have fixed whatever-the-hell is going on with saves in this beta.
I just hit ignore until it got working again

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I just hit ignore until it got working again
When I hit Ignore, either it jumped to the beginning of the game or it fully crashed the game. Again, I'm not saying you yourself or others didn't get it to work. I'm saying I couldn't get it to work, full stop. No offense, but the saves working for you doesn't fix my problem.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
When I hit Ignore, either it jumped to the beginning of the game or it fully crashed the game. Again, I'm not saying you yourself or others didn't get it to work. I'm saying I couldn't get it to work, full stop. No offense, but the saves working for you doesn't fix my problem.
eh. It wasn't meant to be played by everyone anyway. It's a beta and things break (besides the unadded images)

Reactions: tyrannicpuppy

XxXGhost

Feb 8, 2022
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Bad Memories - MultiMod Edition (v0.8.5 Update)
(AKA the "Better Late Than Never" Edition)
View attachment 2682304
Go get you some.
( simply click on the banner pic above )
View attachment 2682308 View attachment 2682309 View attachment 2682310 View attachment 2682311

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7b with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.
update pls.......

4.40 star(s) 204 Votes