BCGuy

Oct 30, 2022
To be fair the beta "tag" didn't appear until I added it myself a day after the leak or so, which then got removed the same days and then added again, lol. I don't know how long it took to get added again.

PS: thanks to everyone reporting errors, instead of just complaining. I do read them, and I work on it.
Just finished playing the latest release. There were quite a few scenes with just dialogue-no pictures. Is that intentional or is it because this is a "b" release? Or did I somehow lose them when unzipping the files?

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
ok for starters i didnt know it was a beta so that backhanded comment was not needed. I only read posts when i search something up trying to find a solution to my problem im having cause no one got time to go through hundreds of pages worth of posts just to find one particular post.
I apologize on behalf of every snide remark you had to tolerate just to find a simple answer. The same information could have been conveyed to you without any attitude. But people need to feel superior so what else is new. You're lucky someone didn't take a club and beat you to death just for saying hi.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I apologize on behalf of every snide remark you had to tolerate just to find a simple answer. The same information could have been conveyed to you without any attitude. But people need to feel superior so what else is new. You're lucky someone didn't take a club and beat you to death just for saying hi.
You can't apologize for others. Especially me. I say what I mean and mean what I say. It literally takes 2 seconds to check the OP for the important info. But no. Mr. "I-Read-Fast" and missed it. Even if you read fast, you can't miss the important info.

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
Anyways, I'm 11 pages of saves into this game. And I'm running into the usual errors with a new update. Do I really have to start the game from the beginning?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dark Silence

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Anyways, I'm 11 pages of saves into this game. And I'm running into the usual errors with a new update. Do I really have to start the game from the beginning?
This is the beta version of 0.9b, and it's already been identified as an issue: saves might not work. I would upgrade that to "probably will not work", since it seems tons of people (myself included) can't load earlier saves with this. Just wait for the non-beta version of 0.9b and the problem will most likely have been fixed, especially since the developer (recreation) has been on here very recently and seen the comments about saves being a problem in the beta.

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
The mess going on in this thread highlights a fundamental problem with how updates are treated on F95. Someone leaks a broken private beta version of the game, submits it as an update, and that is now distributed as a proper update to the game without any warnings.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The mess going on in this thread highlights a fundamental problem with how updates are treated on F95. Someone leaks a broken private beta version of the game, submits it as an update, and that is now distributed as a proper update to the game without any warnings.
Yep. Probably one of the most common things on this site is that a release happens (beta or not) and within 0.0000002467 seconds someone is on here posting some variant of "Waiting for a hero!" A common consequence is that folks then post negative reviews — broken saves; errors all over the place; a scene is missing a bunch of renders; etc. — as if what they have is not representative of what the release should be like. And then people who might have supported the game at first might reconsider because the game has a really low overall review score, based on an unfinished alpha or beta version that still has a lot of work needed.

That's especially bad when the developer already has a public version scheduled for release, but just a few weeks down the road. And what's more, then the same greedy folks complain later when a dev abandons their project because they could never make any money....

Maybe they could've made decent money if they had those 4 weeks where people actively supported them because they believed in the project and they couldn't get it anywhere besides the dev's Patreon / SubscribeStar / Boosty / etc. But leaking only moments after a release despite a public version being scheduled means people who might have been willing to support if for no other reason than early access no longer have any need to do so. Awfully hard to grow a supporter base when a large part of the incentive to do so is negated.

Obviously I get it: this is a pirate site. I won't even pretend that I'm not a participant in much of that. But c'mon. You can't realistically think you're justified in whining about a project getting abandoned when in that specific case you're almost certainly a decent contributor to why it ended up failing.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
recreation warned about it days and pages ago and after that thread has been filled with why this or that won't work and similar posts and replies (which no1 reads before posting their whines) that this is beta version where things don't fully work yet.

mods put to op only what's needed and not much more and even if rec's warning would been there it'd have changed nothing.

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
Obviously I get it: this is a pirate site. I won't even pretend that I'm not a participant in much of that. But c'mon. You can't realistically think you're justified in whining about a project getting abandoned when in that specific case you're almost certainly a decent contributor to why it ended up failing.
Agreed. Despite the piracy, F95 became a big contributor to the financial successes of adult games and a place where people can attract an audience for theirs. If F95 wants to continue being that way, problems like the current situation should be fixed.

Even from a purely selfish pirate's perspective, distributing a broken build of a game without properly communicating what it is will make users upset.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
recreation warned about it days and pages ago and after that thread has been filled with why this or that won't work and similar posts and replies (which no1 reads before posting their whines) that this is beta version where things don't fully work yet.

mods put to op only what's needed and not much more and even if rec's warning would been there it'd have changed nothing.
Yeah, unfortunately. I would be good if mods took notes on the dev's own words and then did a highlighted message on the OP. Then people would know ahead of time... which, ofc, would then get promptly ignored by several folks anyway. :LOL: Still, I do get it at least a little bit: mods probably are pretty busy with all they have to do anyway, so spending extra time on an OP eats up more of the little time they have.

The real solution, ofc — more broadly speaking — is for folks to learn how to search a thread. It's not asking a lot to edit your account preferences to sort search by most recent and then to look for words that are unlikely to pull irrelevant results (like in this case looking for saves). But that's unfortunately a pipe dream.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Agreed. Despite the piracy, F95 became a big contributor to the financial successes of adult games and a place where people can attract an audience for theirs. If F95 wants to continue being that way, problems like the current situation should be fixed.

Even from a purely selfish pirate's perspective, distributing a broken build of a game without properly communicating what it is will make users upset.
well rec is 1 of few devs who is somewhat active on her game threads and like 99% of games here are leaked versions (from alpha versions to complete versions) so mods/uploaders won't communicate with devs nor test games.

Reactions: tyrannicpuppy

Zohmbie

Feb 26, 2024
a question about him and jada talking in the bathroom. was he taking a shit while jada was blowing him? that's fucking nuts

KRock19

Jul 15, 2017
I am not sure why people are complaining so much......they are getting stuff here for FREE! :cool:
And to be honest the parts where we did not get pictures to the dialogue were not the lewd scenes everybody is so eager for. :p
I am happy and thankful to who ever leaked this beta version.
I am also a supporter of the game/dev although not in the higher tiers to get the beta on discord. Been supporting rec now for quite some time and will continue to do so as long as new versions come out at least every 6 months or so.
I look forward to the full release with all issues fixed.
The issue about saves not working is in my opinion not such a big deal. Just change the preferences to "skip unseen text", hold the shift button down and make a quick runthrough. Takes like 15 minutes of your valuable life time that you might have wasted anyway with stupid shit to be honest...... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Master of Puppets
4.40 star(s) 204 Votes