tk99

Jun 3, 2019
My current set up does not use GPU at all and a 16XX is better than CPU only for sure.
That's for sure. Even my old 1050TI is faster than my new Ryzen 3800.
But if you want to go for photoreal results (HD skin & eyes, sublevel 3+, realistic scene and lightning) 6GB VRAM just about fits and render times are still around 1.5 - 2 hours :(

I was rendering on a 1060 only until april last year iirc, it's absolutely possible to create good renders with it, but... well, there aren't many render left from that time, I've remade almost all of them by now.
I'm using a 2070 (no super) + 1050TI now. If the scene is below 4GB (so both cards are working) it's still a pain in the ass if you use HD and lot of lights.
As a workaround I'm using canvas rendering (scene and figures seperate) but it's not really fun.

I was going for a 3070 or 3080 .... but with the current situation (read prices).... no, no way.

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
End last year I recommended some people to wait until march this year because a big batch of cards will come and the prices should kind of get back to normal...
Well the batch came and went :HideThePain:
I have a bot running in the background to try and beat the scalpers.

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
But the bot can't help with prices^^
I just put a cap on how much the bot can spend. It's a 3080 so I'm not letting it spend more than $900, which is still high, but close enough to MSRP for me, especially since none of the ones on the list are the ones made by Nvidia themselves.

Karl Smith

Oct 1, 2018
Does anyone have any idea when the next update will come out? I admit that I am looking forward to testing.

note: do not forget to put new angles in the old cameras and more possibility of angles in the new chapter of VN.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Does anyone have any idea when the next update will come out? I admit that I am looking forward to testing.

note: do not forget to put new angles in the old cameras and more possibility of angles in the new chapter of VN.
Thanks to nostalgia and excitement for an update I recently started over. In my first and only PT I was only interested in Ellie as a L.I., this time made a new save where I started over from beginning with the goal of romancing every potential L.I. or sidepiece, and man did I miss out on my initial run. Jada was immensely satisfying (can't believe I ignored her fearing it would affect Ellie w/jealousy), just really hyped to finally progress with Kate and Rachel after all of the teasing and flirting going on. :love:

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Why would Ellie be jealous?

They share everything, including each other.
Honestly, I didn't realize that or pick up on that at the time of my first PT, if anything I was probably a little jealous how close they already were and keeping secrets that I wasn't privy to. This ended up in me being hostile or indifferent to Jada whenever she came around, so the revelation that she was already aware of Ellie's feelings for the mc, and that they are ok sharing was never made apparent to me. Either way, my newest PT looks like it will replace my first one as my canon run.

Reactions: afterlights

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Honestly, I didn't realize that or pick up on that at the time of my first PT, if anything I was probably a little jealous how close they already were and keeping secrets that I wasn't privy to. This ended up in me being hostile or indifferent to Jada whenever she came around, so the revelation that she was already aware of Ellie's feelings for the mc, and that they are ok sharing was never made apparent to me. Either way, my newest PT looks like it will replace my first one as my canon run.
They are hilarious together.

Jada was pretty much Ellie's rock since they met and it seems Jada is the only person Ellie communicated with before the MC came back.

They fool around with each other sex wise but aren't in a relationship and it seems Ellie is more than happy to share you with Jada.

How she'll feel about the others I don't know but being with Ellie and Jada causes no probems.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
weird moderation on this thread, my post on off-topic were deleted but not others. go figure.

anyways totally on-topic: waiting next update.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Why would Ellie be jealous?

They share everything, including each other.
NTR!!! :ROFLMAO:
On a serious note, I actually left that point vague on purpose, so everyone can interpret it the way they want, seems to be working fine so far.

weird moderation on this thread, my post on off-topic were deleted but not others. go figure.

anyways totally on-topic: waiting next update.
So far stuff like that worked itself out relatively quickly in this thread and if it's going for too long I stepped in myself, while other threads are more prone to off-topic discussions or rants of people... you know what I mean^^

Regarding the update, I'm getting close to finishing...........another scene :HideThePain:
I have 3 (major) scene finished, 5 more (major) scenes planned, work on two of them rn and the current scene is a pain in the ass, I've made 44 render for it so far and every single render took 2+ hours to render (creation not included), no matter what I tried it wouldn't go faster :cautious:
Part of the reason is that I'm without my second card, I had to send it to rma (after not even a year) and I'm still waiting for the support to report back to me, no idea if they'll replace it (haha) or repair it or whatever, I just hope they won't take months...
So basically, at the moment I have no idea when the update will come, there's still a lot to do.

BamID

May 17, 2020
On a serious note, I actually left that point vague on purpose, so everyone can interpret it the way they want, seems to be working fine so far.

So far stuff like that worked itself out relatively quickly in this thread and if it's going for too long I stepped in myself, while other threads are more prone to off-topic discussions or rants of people... you know what I mean^^

Regarding the update, I'm getting close to finishing...........another scene :HideThePain:
I have 3 (major) scene finished, 5 more (major) scenes planned, work on two of them rn and the current scene is a pain in the ass, I've made 44 render for it so far and every single render took 2+ hours to render (creation not included), no matter what I tried it wouldn't go faster :cautious:
Part of the reason is that I'm without my second card, I had to send it to rma (after not even a year) and I'm still waiting for the support to report back to me, no idea if they'll replace it (haha) or repair it or whatever, I just hope they won't take months...
So basically, at the moment I have no idea when the update will come, there's still a lot to do.
i could have send you the 2070S... but now i have it on ebay..

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020

No worries Rec, we'll all be waiting patiently(ish) :)

Reactions: recreation
4.40 star(s) 203 Votes