• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
That's just cruel.

Now i'm all sad.
No you're not :love:
But I said nice things at the end and you still did a mean.

You should be nice to me i'm a delicate, fragile little flower that would never say anything mean to anyone.....

That last part may not be entirely true.....
Saying a nice thing after saying bad things still makes it bad, you should know better young lady!:love:

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Avaron1974

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
But I said nice things at the end and you still did a mean.

You should be nice to me i'm a delicate, fragile little flower that would never say anything mean to anyone.....

That last part may not be entirely true.....
Hey I called you "young lady" that's nice isn't it? xD

• Haha
Reactions: Avaron1974

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
I guess you got more than enough correct answers so I won't bother, but I do find it kind of hilarious to get such posts for a game literally no one has to pay anything for.
And some people are happy to pay. I've found the time between updates isn't an issue at all when the dev communicates and engages with his or her fans and supporters. It humanizes the work.

Tysonator2000

Feb 24, 2020
Same here, I've never been a sctarcraft fan, but that one game I really wanted... :cry:
I barely touched StarCraft before it was announced and I was hugely excited for it. They could release it tomorrow and it'd easily sell millions of copies. They'd rather milk WoW with another expansion and make a mobile version of Diablo. :HideThePain: They sure aren't the company they used to be.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: Master of Puppets

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I barely touched StarCraft before it was announced and I was hugely excited for it. They could release it tomorrow and it'd easily sell millions of copies. They'd rather milk WoW with another expansion and make a mobile version of Diablo. :HideThePain: They sure aren't the company they used to be.

It's like with Bungie, Bioware and all the others, none of the original teams that made the companies big are still there, all the big names are just an empty shell by now, it's sad, really.

Back to the future!

Tysonator2000

Feb 24, 2020
It's like with Bungie, Bioware and all the others, none of the original teams that made the companies big are still there, all the big names are just an empty shell by now, it's sad, really.

Back to the future!
That's why I appreciate the smaller developers. Unfortunately they usually get bought out by big corporations and fold. I'd hate to see Bioware be next, as they're local and poorly managed from what I've been told.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
BioWare is just a name now. Since EA bought them they have had a steady stream of devs and leadership leaving including the founders.

I don't think there is anyone left that worked on Dragon Age Origins now.

Pretty sure if DA4 flops that will be doors shut for them anyway. Ea isn't happy with what they have put out and they finally nailed the coffin shut on Anthem so their final chance is Dragon Age 4. Another flop there and it will be nearly a decade since their last hit.

Tysonator2000

Feb 24, 2020
BioWare is just a name now. Since EA bought them they have had a steady stream of devs and leadership leaving including the founders.

I don't think there is anyone left that worked on Dragon Age Origins now.

Pretty sure if DA4 flops that will be doors shut for them anyway. Ea isn't happy with what they have put out and they finally nailed the coffin shut on Anthem so their final chance is Dragon Age 4. Another flop there and it will be nearly a decade since their last hit.
True they have declined a lot since EA took over. Dragon Age 2 was the start from my understanding. EA had them working under a massive crunch to hit their release. One of the QA guys went to school with my friend and he was less than thrilled with their takeover. Hopefully DA4 will bring them back to form and use Unreal Engine instead of being forced to use EA's horrendous Frostbite engine.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
That is just nostalgia talking. Truth be told without EA there would not be a Mass Effect and Dragon Age franchise. They simply lacked the resources to do it.

I have been hearing this "Bioware is dead" doomsaying since the time of DA2 and yet here is Bioware having already made more than a billion in revenue with Star Wars The Old Republic, having sold more than 6M copies of Mass Effect 3 and having Dragon Age Inquisition being their number one in sales.
Even Mass Effect Andromeda that some people seem to enjoy gratuitous hating over was, according to EA finacial report, the solid revenue driver behind their 2017 first quarter.

Sure Anthem was a bust but support for SWTOR keeps going strong and there is a Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster about to be released, plus Dragon Age 4 (likely on 2022-2023) and Mass Effect 5 already in the works. Bioware must be the most alive zombie ever. :LOL: :cool:

By the way it is not really feasible to expect studios that are decades old to keep the same people when most work under contracts with a expiration date. I also bet there is barely anyone from the first 4 Resident Evil games who worked on RE7 and now on RE8 at Capcom.

Reactions: HornyyPussy

LHahahahaha j

Apr 14, 2021
*snip*
people keep quoting this post without actually understanding it, which is annoying, so let's just pretend it never existed...
I’m lost it’s my first time ever trying to play a game... it’s really hard to get started I don’t know how to download it or play

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I’m lost it’s my first time ever trying to play a game... it’s really hard to get started I don’t know how to download it or play
You know how to quote and post a message but you don't know how to click on a link on the same page where you quoted text came from? :oops: :unsure:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
That is just nostalgia talking. Truth be told without EA there would not be a Mass Effect and Dragon Age franchise. They simply lacked the resources to do it.

I have been hearing this "Bioware is dead" doomsaying since the time of DA2 and yet here is Bioware having already made more than a billion in revenue with Star Wars The Old Republic, having sold more than 6M copies of Mass Effect 3 and having Dragon Age Inquisition being their number one in sales.
Even Mass Effect Andromeda that some people seem to enjoy gratuitous hating over was, according to EA finacial report, the solid revenue driver behind their 2017 first quarter.
DA2 was still good story-wise, they had an unexpected success with more or less garbage copy n paste leveldesign in DA:O, so they tried to push that even further and went (way) too far (which wasn't Bioware's decision btw), ME3 went too much into hollywood style action imo, cut a lot of what made the previous games good, a good sign for EA khaving their fingers in it, also during and after ME3 developement a lot of the old bioware staff left, some even before that, on DA:I basically none of the old team was involved (because it was basically non-existant anymore).

Sure Anthem was a bust but support for SWTOR keeps going strong and there is a Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster about to be released, plus Dragon Age 4 (likely on 2022-2023) and Mass Effect 5 already in the works. Bioware must be the most alive zombie ever. :LOL:
Of course they keep their money makers alive, what did you expect? Some of the old CoD games where the studios don't even exist anymore are still alive as well.
Bioware is "alive" because it has a big name and I bet DA4 will be big as well, but just as Bioware it will only be an empty shell that has nothing to do with it's origins anymore. If DA4 flops, you'll see that the rest of Bioware will crumble.

ME is still a big name, so of course EA will to use it as long as it "can" make some money. A remaster doesn't cost them much and the name is still strong enough to guarantee a lot of sales.

Scroll to where it says "Downloads" on the first post, chose which OS you use and click on one of the links next to it, nopy might be the best choice for easy of use. Download the game, unpack the game, click on the executable, play the game.

4.40 star(s) 203 Votes