Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Is this game still on development because i would like to support this game and author especially because now adays we dont see games that capture the readers mind especially renpy.
You could simply have checked the first page, clicked on the patreon link, and looked at the date on the last post, which was two days ago. Even without suporting, the first few lines mention the dev having worked on new animations.

Reactions: oaiki

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Maybe because Bad Memories is one of the games that don't run on my computer. So I was asking for tips on the issue, or if the game could also be saved in a 32-bit version.
Have you tried playing it using renpy launcher?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Enough with the arguments.
May I argue that the arguments had already stopped? :p

Is this game still on development because i would like to support this game and author especially because now adays we dont see games that capture the readers mind especially renpy.
You could simply have checked the first page, clicked on the patreon link, and looked at the date on the last post, which was two days ago. Even without suporting, the first few lines mention the dev having worked on new animations.
Just two posts above :ROFLMAO:

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Sooo, in case anyone in the future gets the same issue, I'll post this here (though very little people actually read through threads apparently)
I thought there were some missing pics. I was just playing through and I have a scene right now with, in the corner, a message stating
Image 'd10night21' not found
Image 'd10night22' not found
Game still run though, it's not an error message or anything, so it doesn't block progression.
It's Ellie's variant on who goes first on Day 10's night scene. Jada's variant has it's images fine, apparently.
Turns out, it's caused by the Sancho mod. Without mod, both pics are there as normal, but with it, for some reason they're missing. Weird.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Sooo, in case anyone in the future gets the same issue, I'll post this here (though very little people actually read through threads apparently)
I thought there were some missing pics. I was just playing through and I have a scene right now with, in the corner, a message stating

Game still run though, it's not an error message or anything, so it doesn't block progression.
It's Ellie's variant on who goes first on Day 10's night scene. Jada's variant has it's images fine, apparently.
Turns out, it's caused by the Sancho mod. Without mod, both pics are there as normal, but with it, for some reason they're missing. Weird.
Sancho's mod is likely based on 0.7, this was fixed in .7.1

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Sancho's mod is likely based on 0.7, this was fixed in .7.1
Yeah, likely. I just wasn't expecting the mod to do anything with the pics themselves. But so long as it's just two pics that stay barely a few seconds, it's not so bad.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Well, fuck.
I just finished the current version. And right now, I feel like it's gonna be too short.

Not that I think the game is lacking content, don't get me wrong. But if this is already 0.7, that means two thirds of the game are already there.
And fuck, I want more than that.

The game's really good. The characters are interesting, a lot of the subplots are intriguing, while the MC's situation overall keeps enough of a "slice of life" feel to not feel like everything has to end when they get some specific answer.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So I'll just conclude saying I hope you don't plan on just going to 1.0 and declaring the game finished. There seems to be still a lot more potential to unfold the various subplots you started, and I feel like, with one third remaining, it would probably feel like the progression would be rushed to conclusion for some of them.

Can't wait to get more of this.
Now, I'm gonna have to check some of your other works.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Well, fuck.
I just finished the current version. And right now, I feel like it's gonna be too short.

Not that I think the game is lacking content, don't get me wrong. But if this is already 0.7, that means two thirds of the game are already there.
and that's where you are wrong, these games don't necessarily stop at 1.0, can continue far far further so 0.7 is like 0.07.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
and that's where you are wrong, these games don't necessarily stop at 1.0, can continue far far further so 0.7 is like 0.07.
I know. But the way that type of things work, 1.0 is supposed to be the "first complete version", meaning, in the case of a game, at version 1.0 you're supposed to be able to go from the beginning of the game to the ending of it. After that, higher number is content additions to a technically "complete" game.
And I've seen some game have a slow buildup to plots to end up rushing more and more the progression because the devs miscalculated stuff like that.
Which is why I hope either recreation doesn't make huge bump ups in version number, or just isn't that great at numbering version and isn't planning on 1.0 being the end of the story.

Also I loved what I played so much I'd dream of having it go one forever. But that's another issue.

Reactions: AliceXxDawn

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Software versions ARE NOT decimal numbers

.7 then .8 then .9 then .10 then .11 all perfectly fine for software the period is not a decimal it is a separator from full version to sub version or iterations of the first number version (in this case version 0 alpha/beta testing)

It is not that hard

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Software versions ARE NOT decimal numbers

.7 then .8 then .9 then .10 then .11 all perfectly fine for software the period is not a decimal it is a separator from full version to sub version or iterations of the first number version (in this case version 0 alpha/beta testing)

It is not that hard
Well yes, but don't forget that most devs aren't software profesionnals to begin with. And since we're taught in school how decimals work, we tend to take it for granted, meaning a lot of devs consider it like that without really thinking deeper about it. It's just how we're taught to think about it.
That's more what I meant earlier. Most devs I've seen usually go from 0.9 to 1.0, so I tend to consider that's more likely to happen than the opposite. recreation can confirm either way how they're using version numbers, which is what I was asking, just not with that exact phrasing.

Reactions: Night Hacker

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Oh Jeez! now we are waffling about version numbering systems ... why can't we just stick to the standard: "Update When?!?!?"

BTW, I won't be in for this week's Zoom update call, can someone keep me posted, please?

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Well yes, but don't forget that most devs aren't software profesionnals to begin with. And since we're taught in school how decimals work, we tend to take it for granted, meaning a lot of devs consider it like that without really thinking deeper about it. It's just how we're taught to think about it.
That's more what I meant earlier. Most devs I've seen usually go from 0.9 to 1.0, so I tend to consider that's more likely to happen than the opposite. recreation can confirm either way how they're using version numbers, which is what I was asking, just not with that exact phrasing.

It is very rare to see a game where version number 1.0 means it is completed, more likely it means the tenth update.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Night Hacker

NerB1E

Jun 28, 2021
I do not know why, but I really do love this game. This story is very cute and VEEEERY naughty. Developer thank you so much for your work. Keep it going and do not stop. You are doing great!

P.S. Ellie is the best girl ever <3

P.S.S. Can not wait until next update : )

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 204 Votes