NerB1E

Jun 28, 2021
well there's always replaying.
You are right, but replaying is not what I meant. I wanted to say that I would like to see that this story gonna continue even after a long time (new updates, which continues the story). Just if you are replaying you still remember the most part of the story, sometimes even whole story (at least it works for me). BTW your option is still good and I am sure I gonna replay this masterpiece.

P.S. Sorry for my english if it is bad :p

NerB1E

Jun 28, 2021
Yeah but unless you're really good at loosing memories, you can only replay so much until you know everything without having to even boot the game again...
And we're not pressuring the dev, we just mean that we love their work so much that they don't have to worry about making the game too long.
Yeah actually. You just described all my thoughts :D
BTW I am glad that you explained him what I meant. You explained it even better than me, so thank you <3

Reactions: Rutonat

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hmm... well, my 2 cents (not worth anything but throwing my hat into the ring regardless): I've re-read many books (both fiction and non-fiction) that I've personally truly enjoyed more than a handful of times. Do the same for movies and music obviously. A visual novel is no different. So replays, that's only natural if you enjoy the product and one reason why I mod to "pay it forward" and help bring new eyeballs to a product I personally enjoy that might have otherwise never known the product existed.

Bottom line, ain't nothing wrong or odd with studying and re-consuming media you enjoy, you've done it since birth, it's in our DNA as conscious beings. Please enjoy art, be well, and kind to each other. Kindest regards.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Bottom line, ain't nothing wrong or odd with studying and re-consuming media you enjoy, you've done it since birth, it's in our DNA as conscious beings.
Especially since, while the media itself may not change, the person viewing it does. Every day that passes you learn new things, see new things, make new mental and emotional connections, and your personality and worldview undergo slight changes. The you who you were 5 years ago isn't the same person as the you you were 10 years ago, and so on.

So going back and rereading (or rewatching, or replaying, etc) something you've already read (or watched, or played, etc) can give you new insight or appreciation for things even if literally nothing changes. Because you're essentially looking at it through new eyes. You may notice things you never noticed before, or simply interpret things differently.

And that's even aside from reexperiencing something you've already experienced specifically because you want to scratch your own nostalgia itch or try to rekindle the feelings you had in the past the first time you experienced it.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Agreed, BUT, v1.0 should still be a full, completed version no matter what system you use
Yeah, but some people who aren't professional devs and don't necessarily understand how version numbers work will use 1.0 to mean their first version, then 2.0 for their second version, and so on.

The real problem is when people try to figure out just how close to being finished a game is from the version number, which is kind of a fool's errand when most amateur devs don't even have a realistic idea of how close to being finished they are, and aren't using a consistent update number system.

The best scenario is when a dev says something like "The finished game will have 12 chapters, and this release is chapter 7" or "The game is about 50% done".

NerB1E

Jun 28, 2021
Recreation your game is absolutely stunning, the renders and animations are immaculate :PogChamp:, one of the best in the vns. When you play the game it's very clear that a lot of effort has been put to develop this game. Good luck for future development.
I guess anyone can not argue with that. This game is too good to say something bad about it :giggle:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Agreed, BUT, v1.0 should still be a full, completed version no matter what system you use, and not every developer follows the same conventions as you describe. Heck, I programmed my own non-RenPY game and I used the date and time as my version, 22.03.21.2255. :)
VI ? isn't that 6? what is the rationale for that?

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Most visual novels I have seen are like 0.12 or whatever and never use 1.0 unless it is considered a completed version. Just do a search sometime. I don't know where you got this idea from.
To be fair, most games on this site never actually GET to a completed version, they just sort of get half-assedly abandoned when the dev gets tired of working on it.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Most visual novels I have seen are like 0.12 or whatever and never use 1.0 unless it is considered a completed version. Just do a search sometime. I don't know where you got this idea from.
Talking software in general.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
besides lack of updates.
Unless recreation has a full team and their only job is working on this game, with the cuality of it, I'd say that's a little bit of a spoiled comment.
A lot, if not most, amateurs devs tend to make their game on the side of a traditional job, family life, and other personal stuff. Some games barely get an update a year with way way less quality than this one.
Ask yourself if you'd rather have to be patient to keep the quality, or get monthly updates that are ultra short, or see a huge dip in quality. Honestly, if recreation plans to keep that level, I know what I'd rather see.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Rec makes two games, Bad Memories and Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen and he works on them on alternating schedules. Also a one-man team.
Then it only strenghen my point. With the quality, both in visual and writting, for one single person ? I'm not surprised it takes him a while. Small price to pay for such quality.

4.40 star(s) 204 Votes