damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
So? Are you paying for it?

And he's working on 2 VN's simultaneously
Or more precisely, alternately.
recreation as already explain many times that WSIGTH is a side "casual" project to helping him venting the steam between 2 updates of BM.
So, even if he gave up WSIGTH, things wouldn't go faster with BM. Probably even the opposite, with even a risk that he will burnout himself and BM could be abandoned...

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
When does this dev not have problems irl or with his/her computer? I've seen the same excuses with this dev several times already. It's interesting how other devs also have major life problems and talk about them openly on Patreon or they work on their game as a pass time and not an actual job but still manage to release their much larger updates on time but this dev always seems to fail to do the same. Maybe this dev needs to re-assess his/her life choices and manage it better so that this stops happening all the time... or he/she needs to just stop lying about it. I don't care if an update takes forever to release, (hell, it can take another 5 years before releasing another update, I don't care), but if a dev isn't honest about the reason(s) or continues to accept money when it isn't earned, that really upsets me and discourages me from ever wanting to support their work. I'm not saying this dev is lying or milking or any of that yet, but I have been suspecting things for the last 2+ years.

I don't know what's really going on with this dev yet as he/she seems to like walking on the edge of that line but never really crosses it. This is one of the reasons why I usually only support finished AVN games over a game in progress though. I've made exceptions over the years, but it isn't common, and I haven't regretted anything yet either.

Really..

girlfairdev

Mar 15, 2020
but if a dev isn't honest about the reason(s) or continues to accept money when it isn't earned, that really upsets me and discourages me from ever wanting to support their work. I'm not saying this dev is lying or milking or any of that yet, but I have been suspecting things for the last 2+ years.
Your frustrations won't be going away, because that is exactly how Patreon is structured. You aren't making purchases with your patreon dollar, you are simply donating to the development of the artist. He can give you a release schedule, and then alter that release schedule for any myriad of reasons. There's no recourse for that because again, your patreon dollar is a support donation, not a product purchase. I chuckle when people post things like "Patreon needs to go after these...yada yada. Patreon loves these guys. They get a cut of that money, after all. If you want accountability for your dollar, go to the purchase sites and buy the game. Then, if you don't get what you were promised you have a legitimate platform for complaint. On Patreon, you are just helping the developer build his craft.

Aug 27, 2021
When does this dev not have problems irl or with his/her computer? I've seen the same excuses with this dev several times already. It's interesting how other devs also have major life problems and talk about them openly on Patreon or they work on their game as a pass time and not an actual job but still manage to release their much larger updates on time but this dev always seems to fail to do the same. Maybe this dev needs to re-assess his/her life choices and manage it better so that this stops happening all the time... or he/she needs to just stop lying about it. I don't care if an update takes forever to release, (hell, it can take another 5 years before releasing another update, I don't care), but if a dev isn't honest about the reason(s) or continues to accept money when it isn't earned, that really upsets me and discourages me from ever wanting to support their work. I'm not saying this dev is lying or milking or any of that yet, but I have been suspecting things for the last 2+ years.

I don't know what's really going on with this dev yet as he/she seems to like walking on the edge of that line but never really crosses it. This is one of the reasons why I usually only support finished AVN games over a game in progress though. I've made exceptions over the years, but it isn't common, and I haven't regretted anything yet either.
He has said that he was moving with his family to other country. Like move out. You know how much that can take? I know, I have moved out once and I'm plan to move once again. It's not that simple and easy, especially when you move with your family and have a lot of stuff to carry with you. And than there is also paper work, documentation, etc.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
If you want accountability for your dollar, go to the purchase sites and buy the game.
I agree, though it's not like it is that there is all roses there either. If you buy an early access game (or any game for that matter) you buy the game for what it is currently. Not what it could be in the future.

And if you pre-order a game, be prepared for it to be delayed multiple times. And then your purchase is cancelled because Epic gave the dev lots of hush money exclusivity money.

4.40 star(s) 204 Votes