Tiasung

Jul 30, 2018
Stating you find the story to be good, should be enough (I too find the story itself to be good). No need to pull those baseless numbers.
They might not be fully accurate, but they certainly aren't baseless. Its good that you have your like and dislikes, but that wont change that this VN is strongest in the story department. The gameplay isnt bad, but the story is extremely well done (even in comparison) And there is a huge amount of more text to this game then gameplay. Just because you liked the game for its gameplay doesnt contradict anything I said~

VN's also have their own downsides, one of the being large amounts of padding/filler ensuring unnecessary boredom.
That is irrelevant to what I said. I didnt make any statement saying ''VNs are better then gameplay based games'' after all. I was talking specifically about this game.

Try to read the context here. I was replying to someone that didnt want to play because the gameplay might not to their liking. If anything you probably made them even less likely to try the game by giving a wall of text of how excited you are about the combat, rather then informing them how the combat is different from what they tought, or telling them they could play it through on easy and make it irrelevant.

Again its great they you loved the gameplay in this. By try to see beyond your own likes and dislikes and see a game's qualities as they are.

I get that you might be used to people only pushing their own dislikes/likes of a game, but unlike some I try to be somewhat objective about a game's qualities.. and this game's story is good enough to play the game even if someone would dislike the combat. (the easy difficulty setting helps with that)

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
You wrote: "Again its great they you loved the gameplay in this. By try to see beyond your own likes and dislikes and see a game's qualities as they are."
The message you replied to had: "For me the story is only a fraction of the draw of the game. We all like different things."
While you yourself insisted and still insist the story is the only major draw in this game. I was trying to say that there are people who also likes the combat. Where I previously highlighted some of the qualities of the combat.
The message also had: "Stating you find the story to be good, should be enough (I too find the story itself to be good)."

"Just because you liked the game for its gameplay doesnt contradict anything I said~ ".
I also liked the story. I never tried to be contradicting or even laid claim to be in contradiction to your opinion other than the number. Which you yourself just acknowledged to not be fully accurate... because it's baseless. There is a major draw for anyone wanting to enjoy a story, yes. There is also a major draw for people wanting wacky (good/fun) combat with mechs. One side being true—doesn't mean the other one is invalid.

"And there is a huge amount of more text to this game then gameplay."
The amount of reading is "sharply reduced" if you hold ctrl or press skip. Thus making it the lesser of time allotted elements in this game, if that is your parameter for anything. I read the story of all the routes and enjoyed the story. This might not be true for everyone.

Whether we find a story to be good or not is a completely subjective matter. We can objectively argue if a story is well written. Therein lies the problem for me in regards to padding/filler. Staying objective there is a lot of padding/filler.
The story itself is not badly written. The technical aspects of the story—not the technology in the game which is another topic. I mean the actual writing techniques used in this game is quite original and I'll clarify, I find the writing to be done well.

I understand, I could have been more concise. I was giving not so technical examples of awesome stuff, you could do in this game. Should they get the impression of the combat potentially being boring.

If you just like the combat you can skip much of the text. If you like the story you can glide through it on very easy mode. There is something for everyone... except a lot of milfs :(
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Ryahn
Please help Every time i try to extract the game i keep getting errors. i have downloaded from mega. and a second time from . both of them give me data redundancy check error. im useing 7 zip
Maybe your AV detects it as a false positive? Make an exception for this game in your AV.

karabiner98k

Jan 21, 2020
Because people are divided on gameplay I've decided to grab it and put roughly two and a half hours into it, in my opinion immersion it's the biggest selling point so far. From ridiculous levels of mech customization to the mechanical noises the menu makes when you right-click, everything was designed to pull you into its world and the battles feel like very short yet deadly duels on normal difficulty but I'm hoping they'll get longer once you go against real named enemies. My main problem with Baldr Sky is that you're playing a game within a game, I would've preferred it if everything took place in the real world rather than Kou basically playing a deadly MMO.

Reactions: Hajtand

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Because people are divided on gameplay I've decided to grab it and put roughly two and a half hours into it, in my opinion immersion it's the biggest selling point so far. From ridiculous levels of mech customization to the mechanical noises the menu makes when you right-click, everything was designed to pull you into its world and the battles feel like very short yet deadly duels on normal difficulty but I'm hoping they'll get longer once you go against real named enemies. My main problem with Baldr Sky is that you're playing a game within a game, I would've preferred it if everything took place in the real world rather than Kou basically playing a deadly MMO.
I absolutely agree. The elements letting you immerse in the game are very well done.
Learning you are an "internet warrior" of sorts is a bit of a downer. You do, however affect things in "real life" via the internet. Taking down security systems, stealing information, shutting down places, to outright killing people

There will be huge battles further down the line. There will also be many different huge mechs to battle. One thing to keep in mind, at least this was to my experience. The AI of the enemies will be much better on harder difficulties. The better mechs will dodge your attacks, dash behind you and f you up sometimes. They will also be better at landing combos, be more aggressive, and seemingly move in formations to a more effective degree.

I suggest you give at least hard mode a try after your first dive, if you like the combat. It'll be "annoying" in the start since you have to change your approach, but it feels more rewarding, once you have honed your own skills.

Last edited:
Reactions: karabiner98k

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
If you have any questions about the story or the combat. Feel free to ask me here or give me a PM :)

Goliath VN

Sep 29, 2019
:cool:Can someone add this onto the main post ? Thank you:giggle:
baldrsky04_650120.jpg

Baldr Sky Dive2 DLC weapons patch. Just drop them in the game folder and it will restore all 5 weapons + 3 FC.

Comes with an extra mascot voice patch, chibi characters from menu will now have voiced dialogue.

Do note that the FC seems to only show up in your next setup menu. If you don’t see them, try reloading an earlier save before entering setup menu, or keep playing until the next one.

• Love
Reactions: You and Hajtand

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
*edit* I'll leave my idiocy up, so other people can also find the solution to this "problem". When you press "c" on a save file in the game, it makes it protected. Press "c" again to make it normal again.

Does anyone else have a problem with the config file (in the save folder "User\Documents\GIGA\BALDRSKY_EN\Save")? I don't know why, but it made 2 of my files red in colour and I can't save on those spots again. Saying the files are protected. Deleting the specific save files does nothing, it merely becomes a useless red spot. Deleting the config file in the save folder restores them back to normal... but it's sort of annoying having all the achievements lost.

It's like the game treats it as an autosave.

PS: Thanks a lot Goliath VN for the patch.

The new weapons are interesting. I haven't found a good use for them yet, except "battle rod". The skill is for me a mix between "dual axe" and a short range "beam sword" with a launch on the last attack. You also get a neat amount of armor, but it's a less "nimble" skill than "dual axe" in that it doesn't correct it's course as fast and it doesn't stagger the enemies.

Last edited:

Zervs

Feb 13, 2020
Are the backgrounds censored? There's some noticeable blur on this background and I'm wondering if the original version had that.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Going through a boring hell spending around 20 hours going around in circles spamming skills on the map, where you practice with Masa's subordinates. I've gotten all the skills to master, but now I'm even more confused, than when I started on this endeavour. I wanted to make some optimal combos and share my thoughts on the skills, so you guys could get an idea which of them, you'd like to use (so you could avoid doing, what I did).

I've gotten a good understanding of the hitbox the skills present and the momentum they assert on the different foes. I wasn't completely sure until I did some more test after getting them all to master... but (almost) every move affects how much the next ones does in the chain. One of the only exceptions I've found is [Body Blow]. The skill [Swayback Knife] is one of the only skills that will actually increase the damage of the combo. Unlike [Pile Bunker] which has a net negative on followups in the combo by around 7% despite the skill description stating otherwise.

I thought, I was possibly in the wrong. When I previously hated on [Raging Claw]... that piece of trash move almost has a 50% penalty on all subsequent moves—absolute garbage tier (imo.).

Making an optimal combo that incorporates a quick shift to aerial, while preserving flexibility on the combat field (meaning many possible starters), viability (effective on most if not all enemies, under most circumstances, with a really high success rate) and high damage is giving me a headache. I looked on the Japanese wiki for inspiration and it seems they rarely take the damage modifier into account on the combos.

I would like some help or feedback.

Last edited:

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
I was making a compendium of the multipliers the skills presents by classifying them according to their multiplier. Some of the multipliers of the skills only takes effect after a certain amount of hits.
[Slide Bomb] is seemingly neutral in its multiplier, but after the next skill after using that skill, a new 0.8 multiplier is introduced.

Why is this so confusing to me? I have, to ask myself, how far down the line the multiplier takes effect. Or if it changes depending on the number of moves on ALL of the skills.

Last edited:

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
I made a spreadsheet of the hidden combo multipliers in the attached files. I made it to a PDF file.

The mixed 1.0 multiplier is of skills that reduces damage while they are active, but doesn't affect the "actual" multiplier in the long run.
[Tackle] is almost mandatory in melee builds and on the harder difficulties. Some of the enemies have too much armor like the Advents and many doesn't stagger all that easy. The damage penalty is high, which is why you should use it as a skill you can string in, rather than being the primary engagement skill. [Arm Shot] does almost the same and it has a 0.725 multiplier rather than the damning 0.525. Worth consideration.

[Iai Strike] is the skill that has the largest multiplier in the game, even bigger than starting with [Crushing Hammer]. 20% extra damage to the rest of the skills in your combo is a rather tantalizing offer, I have to consider in my skill set.

They shouldn't have made [Raging Claw] a 0.525 in my opinion, it's not strong or flexible enough to warrant such a harsh multiplier. [Minesweeper]... they really didn't want you to use it as part of a combo, rather it seems to be meant completely as an escape skill.

*edit* I did some more tests. There seems to happen something with the multiplier over longer combos. Or else the skills themselves adds a lowering multiplier over a set amount of further skill usage. I did several tests and it seems like a 10–20% damage reduction is in place after 4 skills have been used.

I have already turned off the plug-in that gives extra heat to the enemy from air time and I have taken into consideration the timing of the attacks. Many of the lowering multipliers only comes into effect after they hit. An example would be the activation of [Iai Strike]'s damage. Using and connecting with a skill that has a lowering multiplier, after already having used [Iai Strike]. Will also affect the damage of [Iai Strike] (if [Iai Strike] haven't done it's damage) despite being used later in the order.

I may be completely in the wrong, but the 10–20%'ish has been pretty consistent across the board. Taking into account, the multipliers of all the skills used. I've tried this with several different combos and skills and it's the same. I realize it could also be something about how they connect with the enemy over longer combos, but there would be a much larger discrepancy in the damage done . Not being flat out over all the skills, like we have in this situation. Some would do a lot less damage and some would do around the same damage, if it was a problem of some of the skills not connecting correctly.

*another edit* What is good damage? I'm sitting here getting discouraged because my 8 piece combo only does 2k damage without using a force crash or initializer. I'm taking out and replacing more and more pieces to get increasingly higher amounts of damage, but I'm sacrificing all the viability. Where should I draw the line? Before I began this, I was happy with 1.5k damage on a combo 10 piece combo. There are just so many hidden variables in the hidden variables, it's confusing to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: You

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Getting airtime with a boosted uppercut into a magnum uppercut will make the rest of the damage almost a quarter of what it could be in the combo. Using a jumping knee for stability in that combo will leave us with ~23% of our original damage. The only saving grace is the increase in heat from the plugin and the damage from the skills themselves before the reduction (really) sets in on our combo.
Using a flying cross chop for airtime with other skills to keep the enemy in the air seems like a much better option. We'll have roughly 3x the damage multiplier in comparison. Why did I make this so complicated on myself? The more I get to know of the game, the more difficult it seems to be for me to make a good combo.

I currently consider this the most economic start in regards to the multiplier for an aerial combo:

I've managed to get a fairly consistent 4k'ish combo going. I know there are lot bigger ones, but most of those require abuse of [Imperial Finale]. Something that's not really viable in most situations. The timing of the [Initializer] is a bit finicky and requires some practise. Ones you get it down it's really consistent and the rest of the combo is easy to use. When you are not 1 vs 1 on a map, you should probably not be using all of [Dual Axe]'s hits. One time is enough.

There are 4 rooms for error in this combo.
1. Is not hitting the buttons fast enough and you end up not having enough momentum on your [Katar], making you unable to hit with [Shooting Star] or you'll be faced in the wrong direction.
2. You also need to practice the timing of the [Initializer], which as previously stated is a tad finicky at first.
3. The combo with the [Initializer] is very straight forward, you do, however, need to be aware of not using [Dual Axe]. Go AAA (starting with [Knee Jump]), then BBBB and finally C. The Force Crash ability is best used right before hitting the ground, as to take advantage of the heat build up of the enemy.
4. You need to know the timing of [Shooting Star], do it as soon as you hear the damage from [Iai Strike] has activated.

View attachment Combo replay.mp4

Last edited:

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
And I tried the combo in survival mode... it's absolutely horse trash. The followup of [Iai Strike] depends too much on the terrain and orientation of the enemy. Looks like it's back to the drawing board for me.

Zervs

Feb 13, 2020
Aerial combos are too hard for me. The one I made stays on the ground but keeps the enemy off the ground to maximize the damage of gatling gun at the end.

View attachment 2020-02-27 21-55-31-1.mp4
The combo in the video can be improved though, like changing the swinging star as a filler for something like scatter beam to keep the enemy off ground or using the second force crash.

Reactions: Hajtand

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
The combo looks well put together and easy to execute. The major problem with this is how there are many points in it where it's vulnerable to disruption. The enemies at the later stages of survival will take advantage of this problem.

Having gotten to lvl 200 (which is probably not much). One of the best friends (skills) I had, was the photon blaster on an off-combo dash move. The enemies will not be "truly" stunned, but their projectiles will be stopped, and those rushing you, will be disrupted. Pairing it off with another good ranged skill like a lvl 3 laser bit (lvl 1 is absolute trash and lvl 2 is well below average... it first only really clicks at lvl 3) and you have something going for you for just 2 skill slots.

I made a new and functional combo, the day after I posted my failure. Should anyone is interested.

4.80 star(s) 6 Votes