pacefrei

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, was the last posted version trojan'd or just a false positive? I haven't noticed anything and Avira is usually pretty militant about potential viruses.

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Wait, was the last posted version trojan'd or just a false positive? I haven't noticed anything and Avira is usually pretty militant about potential viruses.
Most likely it is ok.
We had varying reports - so this game was temporary removed from the site.
It has now been re-uploaded with new game files and crack.

You can follow the instructions in the Torrent Info Section to update your version - if you like.

pacefrei

Oct 27, 2017
Most likely it is ok.

You can follow the instructions in the Torrent Info Section to update your version - if you like.
Was wondering why the thread vanished, thanks this is good to know.

Reactions: Twistty

phoenix1921

Aug 15, 2018
Yes - I uploaded this version myself and played it for over an hour - without issue.
You can scan the new crack if you want - its in the Torrent Info Section.
Also those instructions will work if you still have the old version posted previously.
Hey, what is it mean with new version? and is there any difference from before?

Reactions: Swagylord1337

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Of course there wasn't any malware. First of all, the only AVs that flagged it as such were these:

1580859076448.png

Ever heard of any of them besides Microsoft, McAfee and Comodo (Windows Defender and McAfee being garbage and Comodo which people don't really use as an AV). Meanwhile, AV software like Kaspersky, and BitDefender who are arguably two of the best and second opinion scanners like Malwarebyte, Zemana, HitmanPro or Malwarebyte don't flag it.

Secondly this is a CODEX release, being one of the top scene groups, if they pushed malware out, people would shit on them.

It was a false positive, you just don't get many here because everything is a Ren'py or Unity game that doesn't require a crack.

Phooploid

Jun 18, 2017
Of course there wasn't any malware. First of all, the only AVs that flagged it as such were these:

View attachment 540906

Ever heard of any of them besides Microsoft, McAfee and Comodo (Windows Defender and McAfee being garbage and Comodo which people don't really use as an AV). Meanwhile, AV software like Kaspersky, and BitDefender who are arguably two of the best and second opinion scanners like Malwarebyte, Zemana, HitmanPro or Malwarebyte don't flag it.

Secondly this is a CODEX release, being one of the top scene groups, if they pushed malware out, people would shit on them.

It was a false positive, you just don't get many here because everything is a Ren'py or Unity game that doesn't require a crack.
Actually, Bitdefender used to mark the old version as malware as well -- which is why I found the old file rather iffy. I believe Kaspersky also marked it as malware in the past (though I'm not 100% sure about this one). They however seem to have updated to it not being malware.

So right now I agree that it's probably fine. The old version (probably) wasn't a problem.

Centrophy

Dec 2, 2017
Most likely it is ok.

I was wondering why it disappeared. Yeah, Windows Security was constantly trying to quarantine the old exe.

Reactions: Twistty

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Baldr Sky is awesome, I really like the combat. You can make all sorts of goofy combos. Personally I'm not the biggest fan of VN's as it feels much like a paper puppet show.

1580898369151.png

They also have a tendency to be obtuse, as to pat out "gameplay". Most of what was said in the flashbacks of this game, can be summed up to, that he (and they) had a generally good time in school. The flashbacks are around 1/3 of the "gameplay" of them going aren't we quirky and isn't this quaint.

Despite all the negatives. The story itself between all the fillers is interesting. When you clear the first scenario, the enemies doesn't stay the same. They get stronger and different depending on the scenarios, so it's doesn't feel like a chore to complete the combat of the different scenarios. I'm having a lot of fun with this game.

Being able to mix and match not only the different moves, but how they chain together is wonderful. You can start from a dash move and then press the same button 3 more times corresponding to the combo you made. Or you could switch to the next row of combo moves you made and proceed from that place and go back to earlier combo row when you want.

A little tip as it's not explained in the game. You do around 25% less damage, when you start a combo from a dash move.

Here's another tip which I don't think is explained properly. You can indeed "speed up" your moves by rapidly pressing the next move of the combo. You can prevent the enemy/enemies from flying too high, too far away, or being knocked down entirely. Fast moves like body blow or low kick etc. works best in this fashion (so don't underestimate these early moves, they are very useful).

This is a free tip bonanza. The ranged moves kind of sucks ass in the beginning. They do, however, scale much better compared to their melee counterparts as they level... you should still mainly focus on melee.

Surge dash attacks are a bit weird. Should you use any of the directional keys, while surge dashing and starting a combo. The game instead treats this as a normal dash move despite you using the surge dash button.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cheers and best regards from Hajtand.

Last edited:
Reactions: phoenix1921

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
There are some moves that are really shitty to level (for their next skill). You might not have the required move, to make it "pop". I recommend you cheese the hell out of the game. Drag out the combat by fleeing from the enemies, put the skill on a dash move and use it a few dozen of times (spend a minute or two). The [Scythe] move is one of the best moves for stringing together areal combos (huge hit box in the air, quick, okay damage, good at fixing the enemy in position for follow up moves, and doesn't require much setup other than being in the air), but is otherwise quite useless. You get it from using [Jumping Knee] and [Beam Sword].
[Fisher Strike] is one of those "wonky moves", but it's also a really quick move (in an areal combo) and it deals a lot of damage.

I recommend you wait till a move gets to lvl 2, if you are uncertain whether to use it or not in your combo. A lvl 3 body blow will deal around the same damage as some of the later skills when they are level 1. They will eclipse body blow in terms of damage, once they get their first level up (lvl 2). Moves also tends to get a bigger hit box, faster execution, and lower heat cost, as they level besides the damage increase.

The enemies have hit boxes, but they also seem to have "weight". Meaning they react differently with knockback, in the air, and being knocked down depending on their model. Some combos you have strung together against the test dummy, might not work at all in real combat. I always felt, the combos that suffered from this, had this air of flimsiness over them, when I tested them. Like combos with [Magnum Uppercut] that barely manages to hit the tip of the foot of the enemies.

Viability should be of major consideration. Being able to do 2k damage doesn't mean much, if you are only able to land it 10% of the times. The big fancy moves looks cool, but having a combo bar with them is probably not all too functional/effective. You need the meat and the potatoes of the combo, before you consider the more flamboyant stuff.
Flexibility is also important, but not as much as viability. Switching up at the right place and time not only makes you faster and more effective (increasing dps). You will probably also have more fun playing the game this way. Instead of being locked away at a very specific combo move, making your mech feel more like a clunky tank.
Speed and damage. You need to damage the enemies in order to defeat them. Having a move that takes several seconds to execute with a tiny hitbox dealing a great amount of damage. Isn't nearly as good as 2 consecutive moves that deals the same or more damage in a fraction of the time of the big move. Many of the fast moves also offers mobility, making you take much less damage. The long setup move, will have the enemy use you as a sandbag for the duration and it's just not fun (for me at least). You also risk being knocked down, knocked into the air, or shocked, while trying to execute the big move. The speed of the move should not only be considered for you dps, your defence will also improve.

Last edited:

Phantom47

Dec 19, 2019
Am i missing something in the system options or is it not possible to change resolution? I want to increase window size but i can't seem to figure out how.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Am i missing something in the system options or is it not possible to change resolution? I want to increase window size but i can't seem to figure out how.
There is no options for resolution. There's only the option to change it to fullscreen (or windowed fullscreen).

Wargen

Memento mori
Donor
Nov 12, 2017
8gb? Am I missing something here? Could have sworn people were complaining about the game being big... have you never seen FF15, it's literally over 100gb after I installed the new textures.

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
The best and only way to resize without losing too much sharpness is to change your system resolution to 1024 x 768. You'll notice that it's way better than using the in-game full screen.

As for combos, here's something I copied from someone else:

combo.png

Normal Combo: Start with ND B, ND A, run through everything from top to bottom A, B, skip Katar, C and end with Metal Harvester. Don't use Satellite Laser.

1v1 Super Combo: Same as above, but you continue with FC Initializer, Tackle, C, A, B, Satellite Laser, FC Imperial Finale.

You only tap the Flamethrower because it's just something to chain the combo. The real hard part is timing the Metal Harvester because more often than not you won't get to deal all 30 hits due to size/weight etc. Assuming you don't miss, lighter enemies tend to slide off so you need to know when to give up and move on to whatever you're going to do next. Bigger and heavier enemies are generally easier. But even if you switch Metal Harvester to something else it's perfectly fine, this combo is "brain-dead" and should be usable by most people.

Satellite Laser is also quite difficult to implement in general. The best way to use it is to knock the enemy as high as you can then call down the laser. It'll keep taking damage and descend very, very slowly until it hits the ground. But in a normal fight you may use it to keep an annoying enemy out of the fight, leaving it literally hanging while you move on to the rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hajtand

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
I never got to using swinging star that much, as I thought it was kind of lousy... but from your page it seems to have what—0 heat cost? That's insane!

I'll give your combo a try once I get satellite laser. Reading your description, it seems like it'd work really well in my combo, as the enemy is knocked down for quite some time in the end.

Raging claw. I've been sort of on the fence on this skill. I haven't gotten it to lvl 3 yet, so I don't, really know it too well. Can you tell me how it works in your combo?

Your combo looks fine, but in my own current playthrough I've had a bit of trouble with the combo of magnum uppercut and arm shot. They only seem to connect some of the times on the different enemies. Maybe it's a different story with how it's connected and set up to landmine?

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
The heat cost isn't why Swinging Star is good, although it's definitely a nice thing to have. It eventually becomes one of the best weapon to start a combo because it has a wide range, interrupts slightly (allowing you to catch pesky little shits that will otherwise dodge your Tackle) and grants an insane amount of shield. Most weapons seem kinda lousy at the beginning, but pump it to even Level 2 and their power starts showing.

Personally, for FC I switch to Black Whirlwind and Fireworks because my success rate at pulling off the Super Combo is like 30% of the time, and the full thing is unusable in crowd fights. Also Fireworks was my old favorite FC and I just had to slot it in in every setup I make.

Reactions: Hajtand

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Thanks for the quick reply.

Swinging Star seems to function much like Kadokura Special in that regard. I like Kadokura Special for the expediency. I previously also used Black Whirlwind, but I've had better success with Gigantic Field as a finisher (despite it having lower damage). I use Bit Swarm to deal with lots of little dudes for a higher bonus.

I also had trouble with lots of enemies in my combos, that's why I prefer faster moves. Special K stuns the surrounding enemies and the quick followup of Beam Sword (Body Blow corrects the positioning of all enemy types and is really fast) damages and knocks them back. The next move be it either Elbow Rush followed by Tackle or just Tackle closes you in on the targeted enemy and stuns them. I don't have an exact time of everything, but once you are in the air. The other enemies can't hit you and in under a second the rest of the moves, should have been executed. Provided you don't finish off with a force crash. I don't think the combo has ever failed, with the exception that the enemy dies before it finishes.

Last edited:

Centrophy

Dec 2, 2017
8gb? Am I missing something here? Could have sworn people were complaining about the game being big... have you never seen FF15, it's literally over 100gb after I installed the new textures.
It is quaint. I recently downloaded Lilly's repacks of CM3D2 that was around 50G and COM3D2 and that was 73G. The Japanese really don't know anything about file compression or optimization.

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
You're probably not near the late game yet I feel? But near the late game, especially if you're playing on Hard or Very Hard, it's very important to have aerial combos that knock the enemy to the air. The idea is that you do as much damage as you can in the air to one enemy before dropping down, rinse and repeat. I have a "newbie" ground combo that I use when I just started because everything is locked, but starting Aki's route it becomes extremely difficult to deal with crowds without taking to the air. Also key to saving health in challenge mode.

I tried a combo with Kadakura Special before, but didn't really like it. I'd rather use Stun Baton because there's less chance of screwing up.

4.80 star(s) 6 Votes