karabiner98k

Jan 21, 2020
Bizarre errors on Win10, I've built a new PC recently and I wanted to transfer the whole folder from my old Win7 machine, hoping to avoid having to download it again. As I added the missing .dll files it gave the third and forth errors, which claim that I was trying to open BaldrSky.exe even though I was fiddling with SmartSteamLoader's compatibility mode. Does SSL normally redirect to BS?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017
Bizarre errors on Win10, I've built a new PC recently and I wanted to transfer the whole folder from my old Win7 machine, hoping to avoid having to download it again. As I added the missing .dll files it gave the third and forth errors, which claim that I was trying to open BaldrSky.exe even though I was fiddling with SmartSteamLoader's compatibility mode. Does SSL normally redirect to BS?
This might be of help -

Looks like you're missing c++ runtimes & direct x package.

Can't answer that thing about ssl but I'm going to guess these files are missing due to them being depreciated on modern systems.

en3

Oct 17, 2019
Is there a way to fix the text?
in all the text I see both in game and in manus, there are weird spaces between letters and some letters clip over each other.. is that a font issue?

Last edited:

merikanthus

Feb 18, 2021
Just to check, once I apply the new cracks provided in the first post, does it still load up Dive1 as the first playable game?

Hentaicheg

May 28, 2018
Just to check, once I apply the new cracks provided in the first post, does it still load up Dive1 as the first playable game?
The way they work is they are not really 'separate games'.

Think of it like old games which asked you to use CD 2 once you reached a certain point in the story except well.. you don't need CD2.

Also quite confident the game comes cracked already - simply launch it from steamloader instead of main exe file.
The only thing that's not there by default is the weapon DLC.

At least that's how it was last time I checked - they might have added DLC into the default install package as well since then.

Last edited:

merikanthus

Feb 18, 2021
Thanks! I did figure it out once I booted it up, but forgot to write back here.

Also, how do you get to the second game? Or has it been flawlessly integrated with the first game that I didn't notice? I've already finished the Rain route, so idk what the rest are like (and idk if I'll actually continue the other routes). [EDIT: I guess by what you meant with the CD2 analogy is that both Dive1 and 2 have already been seamlessly woven together, so I've basically finished both in the Rain route - and the subsequent ones, too]

Overall, I like the plot. Characters are pretty well-written and believable, and the villains are the kind you love to hate (Gilbert and Gregory, especially; seeing them on-screen makes me wanna punch my screen). Some of the twists could be spotted from a mile away, though
near the beginning really caught me off-guard (much like the original Planet of the Apes' twist).

The mech (simulacrum) gameplay was kinda eh, though. Controls were quite unresponsive (I played with keyboard), so Kou would sometimes stand there and do nothing while he takes a hit from the enemy.

Hentaicheg

May 28, 2018
Thanks! I did figure it out once I booted it up, but forgot to write back here.

Also, how do you get to the second game? Or has it been flawlessly integrated with the first game that I didn't notice? I've already finished the Rain route, so idk what the rest are like (and idk if I'll actually continue the other routes). [EDIT: I guess by what you meant with the CD2 analogy is that both Dive1 and 2 have already been seamlessly woven together, so I've basically finished both in the Rain route - and the subsequent ones, too]

Overall, I like the plot. Characters are pretty well-written and believable, and the villains are the kind you love to hate (Gilbert and Gregory, especially; seeing them on-screen makes me wanna punch my screen). Some of the twists could be spotted from a mile away, though
near the beginning really caught me off-guard (much like the original Planet of the Apes' twist).

The mech (simulacrum) gameplay was kinda eh, though. Controls were quite unresponsive (I played with keyboard), so Kou would sometimes stand there and do nothing while he takes a hit from the enemy.
It's fully integrated, yeah, the CD2 example was there for a reason :)
You will see when you reach part 2 however when you see the title screen change to baldr sky 2.

Gameplay is IMO among the best among H games. Played with keyboard and all was ultra responsive, you simply need to figure out how it all works, how you can cancel stuff, how to combo and such. It's a big effort.

That being said unless you are absolutely godlike in gameplay and fighting games - ranged weapons will be much safer/optimal.

While you can kill essentially anything in one combo - being able to initiate a combo without getting punished is very hard.

Plot is however why it's considered best among the 'shorter' H game series indeed.
I think purely in terms of 'story' that's the strongest H game out there. In terms of lore/universe I think it loses to how massive/well thought out Rance lore/universe is.

merikanthus

Feb 18, 2021
I'm about to finish Nanoha's route...

Can I ask what the good ending's like? I'm sure I've went down the good ending path, but I'd like to be sure :sick:

EDIT: As it turns out, I did get the good ending. I definitely panicked, though...

Last edited:

Hentaicheg

May 28, 2018
I'm about to finish Nanoha's route...

Can I ask what the good ending's like? I'm sure I've went down the good ending path, but I'd like to be sure :sick:

EDIT: As it turns out, I did get the good ending. I definitely panicked, though...
There is only one 'true ending' if we speak of actual endings which essentially is essentially simply reaching it after all other routes are fully finished.

This is a good guide for 'minor' endings.

John Tuckbye

Jun 18, 2018
Does anyone know how I can get the 18+ patch for steam? His links no longer work on his thread and I'm not sure he monitors it anymore

Hentaicheg

May 28, 2018
Does anyone know how I can get the 18+ patch for steam? His links no longer work on his thread and I'm not sure he monitors it anymore
Those links are in fact misleading and should be deleted not to confuse the celebratory 100th person to ask this question.

The main download already has H scenes/credits.

The only thing it lacks is the DLC weapons.

If you bought game on steam and asking how to download patch separately - anon files link still works just fine:
I also have sad news for you, the GIGA company is closing down, so purchasing the game will not be possible starting with march 31 of 2023, not sure what happens to those who still own the game, but I think steam will allow you to keep access to it.

John Tuckbye

Jun 18, 2018
Really? That's really sad, I think they would allow for the game to still be accessible. It's just that no one will be able to purchase it anymore.
Also why is it closing down? Does that mean that their other games such as 9-nine, I walk among zombies, slobbish priness, etc., are going to be available for purchase anymore?

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
but I think steam will allow you to keep access to it.
Not doing so would be such an obvious ticket to endless legal trouble they sure as heck will. I certainly still have in my library several random ass games that have at some point after purchase been unpersoned from the store proper for who knows what the fuck reasons so yeah.

Hentaicheg

May 28, 2018
Really? That's really sad, I think they would allow for the game to still be accessible. It's just that no one will be able to purchase it anymore.
Also why is it closing down? Does that mean that their other games such as 9-nine, I walk among zombies, slobbish priness, etc., are going to be available for purchase anymore?
Errr, not sure what you are talking about - none of those games you mentioned have anything to do with GIGA.

GIGA have a lot of other projects however - baldr series being the most popular one, but the ones you might have heard of are also:
Jinki series, Ai Kiss series, Parfait Chocolat Second Brew, Duel Savior and many more...
Majority of their projects never made it to english audience however.

As for reason why they close - honestly not sure, novels nowadays are just not doing good in general.
The genre is dying and making way for mobile gacha games mostly.

What's weird is that they plan to release their Jinki Series remaster literally a few months before they close company/sales.

Nightwish2

Apr 27, 2017
Baldr Sky is awesome, I really like the combat. You can make all sorts of goofy combos. Personally I'm not the biggest fan of VN's as it feels much like a paper puppet show.

View attachment 541313

They also have a tendency to be obtuse, as to pat out "gameplay". Most of what was said in the flashbacks of this game, can be summed up to, that he (and they) had a generally good time in school. The flashbacks are around 1/3 of the "gameplay" of them going aren't we quirky and isn't this quaint.

Despite all the negatives. The story itself between all the fillers is interesting. When you clear the first scenario, the enemies doesn't stay the same. They get stronger and different depending on the scenarios, so it's doesn't feel like a chore to complete the combat of the different scenarios. I'm having a lot of fun with this game.

Being able to mix and match not only the different moves, but how they chain together is wonderful. You can start from a dash move and then press the same button 3 more times corresponding to the combo you made. Or you could switch to the next row of combo moves you made and proceed from that place and go back to earlier combo row when you want.

A little tip as it's not explained in the game. You do around 25% less damage, when you start a combo from a dash move.

Here's another tip which I don't think is explained properly. You can indeed "speed up" your moves by rapidly pressing the next move of the combo. You can prevent the enemy/enemies from flying too high, too far away, or being knocked down entirely. Fast moves like body blow or low kick etc. works best in this fashion (so don't underestimate these early moves, they are very useful).

This is a free tip bonanza. The ranged moves kind of sucks ass in the beginning. They do, however, scale much better compared to their melee counterparts as they level... you should still mainly focus on melee.

Surge dash attacks are a bit weird. Should you use any of the directional keys, while surge dashing and starting a combo. The game instead treats this as a normal dash move despite you using the surge dash button.

Cheers and best regards from Hajtand.
I will never understand why people call story-building content "fillers". There is no point in the story if you don't know his interactions in the past. Those set the stage for the following routes. Why do you think Rain is the first route?? It's because her route is an introduction to the other characters, and those "fillers" are also what gave the game its name since he is remembering his lost memories. Understandably, you would say it since you dislike visual novels, but I had to mention it anyway. Visual novels are an interesting medium because they are between a book and a movie, or game if they have gameplay. They are better than books for sure, but they fall short of a movie, except that the lack of animation makes it possible for a visual novel to have 50 hours of duration, so the visual novel fixes the big problem with movies, the fact that you can only add so much to a 2h experience. Interestingly, you decided to play this visual novel, and it's great that the combat hooked you. I have a great time when I'm not on the emotional rollercoaster that is the story so far. I found myself using pretty much only ranged skills while trying to play the early game in very hard mode. It's a pain to connect a melee combo without losing half your life, especially with those damned things that electrocute you. That granade is pure trash, it only has any use when you get enemies that jump at you, and even then it's not that good. The pistol is an ok filler for when you are waiting on cooldowns, but that's it. The other attack, the blue one, carried me until I got to play with missile luncher. The land mine is also quite strong if used correctly.

Reactions: superelmo
4.80 star(s) 6 Votes