RPGM Ballad of Outstanding Bimbo Sorcery [v0.10] [Screwthename]

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
I will be a complete cunt...but...is that it? This update was really short...damn i was hoping to see a lot more, more scenes, more story...the update was not bad but damn is short, 2.5gb was not worth it.

Reactions: Jeffry7977

Screwthename

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2019
that was more of a snarky remark on how atrocious fonts are,they literally make my eyes physically hurt,so reading is not an option for me.
I know a lot of people are having troubles with the font; That's why there's an option to change it in the settings.

thanks fot the update!
With pleasure ! Hope you'll like it !

I will be a complete cunt...but...is that it? This update was really short...damn i was hoping to see a lot more, more scenes, more story...the update was not bad but damn is short, 2.5gb was not worth it.
Well, I know it can be frustrating, cause it's quickly done. But overall, there's a lot of new scenes and good advance on the story. it's just everything at once, and with different path. So it's basically the same content for me to make, but it's really quick to play though all of it.

WOW....
HE....
HE.... ALIVE!!!! :D
Never died ! Just extremely slow, as always xD

Reactions: Jeffry7977

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Well, I know it can be frustrating, cause it's quickly done. But overall, there's a lot of new scenes and good advance on the story. it's just everything at once, and with different path. So it's basically the same content for me to make, but it's really quick to play though all of it.
Don't get me wrong, that don't mean that the update is bad, but i wish there was more, the last update (0.02) was 09/2021, so almost 6 months for what, 10/15 mins? I wish there was a lot more for all this time, i'm sorry if i'm being rude, but when you said that "Yup! Shouldn't be too long for the 0.03" i thought that was at least 1 hour of new stuff, after playing for 10 min and getting the "end of update" i was really disappointed.

Captain Nuktil

Feb 23, 2018
Don't get me wrong, that don't mean that the update is bad, but i wish there was more, the last update (0.02) was 09/2021, so almost 6 months for what, 10/15 mins? I wish there was a lot more for all this time, i'm sorry if i'm being rude, but when you said that "Yup! Shouldn't be too long for the 0.03" i thought that was at least 1 hour of new stuff, after playing for 10 min and getting the "end of update" i was really disappointed.
Bro still can't afford to dedicate 100% of his time to game development, maybe that's why it's working out like this...

Screwthename

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2019
Will there be a way to disable the futa content in future, cause I love the expansion elements, just don't like my chicks with dicks.
Not really. Although you'll be able to avoid content with them if you want.

Yeah, I completly understand. But like I said, there's a lot of new scenes here (up to 2 if you defeat the ogre, 2 other if you lose against him, one combat scene with Eris, and also the training montage animation). The 0.02 just had a total of 2 new scenes (and a lot of rework on the old ones), and new gameplay stuff. But it's the scenes who takes the longer to make. Specially the animated ones like the 2 I have here.
In 0.02, it's just that the story was : "go there, cross 2 maps full of mobs, have a scene, then go here, cross two other full maps of mobs have a scene, you're good." Now it's just "Go here, cross halfa map, and then have your scenes and quite a bit of dialogues". All the content is in one super dense block. And also you can't have all the content in one run, since there are different scenes if you win against the ogre (1 more if you defeat him with spells rather than just kill him), and two other if you loose. So if you want to see all the content (if it's your style though), maybe do another run (or save load a save before him if you had one) to check the second branch.
And just to conclude. I'm slow. When i started working on this, it was the pandemic, i had absolutly nothing to do except stay on PC all day long. Now I have a lot more thing to do outside, I have to go back to work too. And sadly I'm not one of those monster of a dev who can work all day and spend 8 hours making the game. I often have to take breaks to avoid being burned out, and sometimes I just lack inspiration to work correctly. So yeah, I'm slow. Sorry for that ^^' But it's a lot of work, and i'm alone on this, working at my own rythm. I've seen plenty of devs working like crazy on their game, and end up dropping it after a few updates because they are fucking tired of it, and don't gain enough for it to be worth it. I want more to play in the long run, keep it as a hobby for now (even if it's a hobby that really helps paying my bill, and thanks a lot to everyone supporting me for that), but be sure to go far. And maybe at some point, i'll gain enough from it to say "hey, why not make it my job and focus entirely on it ?". But for now, i'll be going at my own, slow pace.
Sorry for the rambling and thanks for reading ^^ I can really understand your frustration. I would like to pump out more content more often too. But it's just not that easy.
I'll still try to reduce the size of updates and have them running every 1/2 month ;)

homarkc

Nov 12, 2018
Can I learn "Die Motherfucker Die"? I already reached Lv 10, learned all the lower level skills, got enough gold, mastery and 2 fighter orbs, but the game won't allow me unlock this skill. Also, I have defeated Desiderius twice, but I don't get another battlemage orb like the first time. Is this a random drop? BTW, how do you ever finish the training dummy fight? Or is it just intended as a joke? Skill.jpg

Last edited:

Screwthename

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2019
Nice to see the later animations are smoother than before. Keep up the good work!
Thanks a lot !!! :D And yeah, I tried to upgrade my animations, going from 2 to 3 frames for every pics, and trying real animations for some ! :D

Where could i finde Desiderius? :-/
Can not enter the house?!
He's in the house. Just interect with the door and it should open.

Can I learn "Die Motherfucker Die"? I already reached Lv 10, learned all the lower level skills, got enough gold, mastery and 2 fighter orbs, but the game won't allow me unlock this skill. Also, I have defeated Desiderius twice, but I don't get another battlemage orb like the first time. Is this a random drop? BTW, how do you ever finish the training dummy fight? Or is it just intended as a joke? View attachment 1713887
Hummm, that's weird, if you have all the requirements, it should be unlocked. from looking at the screen I'd say that here the level 10 requirement isn't met, but it might be a bug, if you've already reached it. I'll try to check it.
The bosses will only drop one orb each, doing them again is just for fun. I'll add a way to get other orbs later on.
As for the dummy, it's just that, a training dummy, so you won't really be able to defeat it (well, you can, but it'll be really long, since he has 9999HP). He's just here for the joke (cause I really had fun with his lines), and also to test various skills and all and test your DPS. Ther best way to end the fight is just to escape ;)

homarkc

Nov 12, 2018
Hummm, that's weird, if you have all the requirements, it should be unlocked. from looking at the screen I'd say that here the level 10 requirement isn't met, but it might be a bug, if you've already reached it. I'll try to check it.
The bosses will only drop one orb each, doing them again is just for fun. I'll add a way to get other orbs later on.
As for the dummy, it's just that, a training dummy, so you won't really be able to defeat it (well, you can, but it'll be really long, since he has 9999HP). He's just here for the joke (cause I really had fun with his lines), and also to test various skills and all and test your DPS. Ther best way to end the fight is just to escape ;)
Thanks!! However, I did reach Level 10, and the screen below shows that I've used one orb for the skill "Focus Mastery". So it may actually be a bug? I've also attached the save below. The same problem occured for Illonia too, where I can't learn "Fiery Conclusion" with 1 battlemage orb (in a later save). BTW, I also found out that the focus mastery and warcry are already very effective in the boss fight against Diesiderius.
Skill 1.jpg

Last edited:

Screwthename

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2019
Thanks!! However, I did reach Level 10, and the screen below shows that I've used one orb for the skill "Focus Mastery". So it may actually be a bug? View attachment 1715232
Probably yeah :/ The skill tree was added in 0.02 and everything was working there, so I didn't checked it a lot for 0.03. I'll really have to look into it !
And damn, I see you've been playing a lot to get all this money and all xD

Screwthename

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2019
How do you guys find stuff like this? Doesn't look like we have tags for body mod, huge sizes, stomach bulge, etc.
Yeah, it's a pain, overall it's by checking regularyl what comes out, and hang in the various discord of devs with the same tastes and ask people what games in the same style they would recommend ^^ But sadly there's not a lot of games with those kinks, that's probably why they don't have tags for now.

I'm not sure a full save is even possible right now. Since you have to reload and do the other path, but reloading also resets gallery completion. And also there's not gallery for combat scenes (yet?)
Well, it would be two full save yeah, to have everything in the gallery. Later on I'll add a way to unlock scene in the gallery even if you haven't saw them (sadly I can't have them unlock if you made it on another path, I think it's impossible to have on save influenced by what you have on another).
As for the combat scenes, I didn't really planned to add them honestly. Since they are repeatable, I didn't think they belonged in the gallery, which is more designed to see again scripted scenes you can only see once. At some point I had a plan to have easily repeatble combat with all the ennemies though, so yo ucan have an easier time fiding those scenes ;)

Reactions: Anon_Ymous
4.30 star(s) 15 Votes