BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
this is my last trip on this game. anyway did i miss something? because this time the game is looping everything look the same just like no end. what's is the optional event mean there?
You played all scenes so far (See red text on right side)
The scenes are repeating for those players who just want to replay some scenes. There is no END-Screen in this version.

Optional events is having sex with candy in the trailer park.
There will be more optional events in future versions where you can do some stuff aside the main plots.

Reactions: Agungteguh27

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
ok thanks I've always followed the walkthroughs you made so I don't understand how anything is missing
THe latest version is designed that way you cant miss the important scenes but i am affraid i made a mistake at some point. Did you use on of my savefiles to start this version?

negative1

Jun 5, 2017
Holy crap man you have some serious spaghetti code going on in this game. The game content is great but your code is getting more and more out of hand.

Locking everything to day count values that only trigger on certain days is asking for story and save breaks. Example, this event happens on day 24 and if you get to 25 because there was a different option that increased the time variable the game breaks and gives you no options at all now. This game has gone off the rails so many times I have lost count of how often I had to console time+=1 to get around there being no options at all, then roll the day counter back to see what other option I should have clicked to get to the next event.

I already know what the user did above me because I clicked the wrong option myself and it broke the chain... again.

Instead of trying to railroad people to the next hard written triggers that only work specific numerical days make conditional triggers that just follow the story variables for each NPC. if (affection variable value) and (specific NPC story variable number, maybe even variable for other NPCs that should happen in a certain order) then (scene number for story variable) else (standard or repeatable scene) Just stop adding day count triggers and you could let people skip time all they want, or click on a scene that also passes time without completely trashing their save.

Trust me man if you keep going this route with your code it is going make your life beyond miserable, I have seen this kind of code creep kill projects both smaller and larger than this game.

Alextsai

May 1, 2018
i had to come back and check this thread as the game broke on my as well, i also tried to resume from different saves

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
For me it's just Fakeday, every day...must have tried at least a week in game time, just Fakeday.
Is that the end of the game, and content was added to the already existing story? I really don't feel like playing from the start again, and based on the bad code explanation, I feel less inclined to do it. Anyone else's game hung up on this crap idea called Fakeday?

• Haha
Reactions: student00

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
For me it's just Fakeday, every day...must have tried at least a week in game time, just Fakeday.
Is that the end of the game, and content was added to the already existing story? I really don't feel like playing from the start again, and based on the bad code explanation, I feel less inclined to do it. Anyone else's game hung up on this crap idea called Fakeday?
The fakeday was an attempt to provide content that you can't even experience just for fun.I imagined that if you save the fakeday, you save the game and then just click back and continue playing with the current content.
So you don't have to play it all over again, I have also provided savegames.
The game is of course still in development and I will surely make other mistakes until the game reaches its final design.

Whether there will be another fakeday I do not know. Maybe some day there will be enough content to play on endlessly ... who knows :)

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Holy crap man you have some serious spaghetti code going on in this game. The game content is great but your code is getting more and more out of hand.

Locking everything to day count values that only trigger on certain days is asking for story and save breaks. Example, this event happens on day 24 and if you get to 25 because there was a different option that increased the time variable the game breaks and gives you no options at all now. This game has gone off the rails so many times I have lost count of how often I had to console time+=1 to get around there being no options at all, then roll the day counter back to see what other option I should have clicked to get to the next event.

I already know what the user did above me because I clicked the wrong option myself and it broke the chain... again.

Instead of trying to railroad people to the next hard written triggers that only work specific numerical days make conditional triggers that just follow the story variables for each NPC. if (affection variable value) and (specific NPC story variable number, maybe even variable for other NPCs that should happen in a certain order) then (scene number for story variable) else (standard or repeatable scene) Just stop adding day count triggers and you could let people skip time all they want, or click on a scene that also passes time without completely trashing their save.

Trust me man if you keep going this route with your code it is going make your life beyond miserable, I have seen this kind of code creep kill projects both smaller and larger than this game.
Yes, I've known these problems for some time. When I released the game last year, the events were not so strictly arranged in a timeline, but even then there were problems, so I made the sequence of events strict to avoid these problems. In the current version it should not be possible to miss triggers until 008. In 008 some plots run independently of each other again and it is then also approximately as you suggested it.
Of course everything is not perfect yet but I always try to improve it a little bit and hope that I have found my personal best-practise sometime.
The code is really 'very individual' :ROFLMAO: and I would do a lot of things differently if I had to do it all over again, If and when I will rebuild the scripts from scratch I don't know yet, but there will surely be some changes.

3.10 star(s) 44 Votes