quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
But if you opted out of Stacy you got Gena IF you opted in on Gena otherwise yeah you had a short game. Choices matter I guess and I think the fact that you had an alternative route if you choose to opt out of Stacy is far more than most games would give you. IMHO.
This is the type of choice I'm good with. I chose neither (until I decided to go back and choose Stacy) and am happy with that.

I don't want devs to give no choice at all. I just don't want unrelated characters blocked because I decided to avoid a different one. E.g., Mallory is seen without me having to go on a date with Gena. Meaning there should in theory be a way to her without Gena.

But at the end of the day devs should go with what they think is best while being open to honest positive criticism without feeling they have to change things to make people happy. If the dev here decides certain characters are not coming my way because I chose to avoid others, so be it. I'll like the game anyway. In part because I'm really looking forward to Lana and am hoping those girls with the creepy priest feature later. Also Abby has potential and I've decided Stacy is worth my time.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
That scene your describing your not sharing Stacy are you while you have sex with the dudes wife?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm totally down with sharing, especially a girl like Stacy. Sharing and NTR are not the same thing. I wish there were more games with sharing. But seems most go for either you keep the girl or she's taken from you and you can only watch.

HandofVecna

Sep 4, 2018
This is the type of choice I'm good with. I chose neither (until I decided to go back and choose Stacy) and am happy with that.

I don't want devs to give no choice at all. I just don't want unrelated characters blocked because I decided to avoid a different one. E.g., Mallory is seen without me having to go on a date with Gena. Meaning there should in theory be a way to her without Gena.

But at the end of the day devs should go with what they think is best while being open to honest positive criticism without feeling they have to change things to make people happy. If the dev here decides certain characters are not coming my way because I chose to avoid others, so be it. I'll like the game anyway. In part because I'm really looking forward to Lana and am hoping those girls with the creepy priest feature later. Also Abby has potential and I've decided Stacy is worth my time.
I like shorties too ;) so for sure looking forward to that. On his/her/their Patreon he/they/her are pretty active and open to suggestions to improve the game and getting player feedback in my experience.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
The mini game can be skipped. The result is random. Save the game and reload it until you win it.
Just to be sure everyone gets the full context, what I said was "most times if you skip." I say this based on having tried the "save, skip, reload" path twice and almost every time it comes up "the other side wins." You will eventually get a win. And I understand that even if it's 50/50 there's an excellent chance it comes up one way over and over.

My complaint was about what seems like a potential game path being blocked by a random chance generator which is frustrating to get past. And if you decide to replay you have to do it all over again. If something random has the capacity to block a game path then it should be weighted toward coming up in your favor.

Reactions: ilon55

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
And I've decided I'm in for Stacy because I played through that route last night and the way she cries when you invite the arrogant douchebag and his wife to join you and they insult her but you decide to go have sex with the wife anyway while Stacy is in the room (admittedly getting some fun of her own but still having to watch you fuck someone else) was great. Based on how her character has been described to treat the MC, just what she deserves and I hoped for her.
Meh. I'd have been more into that scene if the MC had had any amount of control over it. As it is, it's the racist douchebag couple driving the train, getting the young and naïve couple coked up, and all the MC gets to decide is whether to climb aboard or bail. It's not him getting his own back from Stacy, they're both just props in the other couple's hotwife play. The MC's lack of control becomes very clear at the end when the husband kicks them out to enjoy his wife himsef.

It all goes back to the "Choice Paradox". We as players demand choice and then complain when we miss content. So the Dev loses 50% of his audience either way. So what is a Dev to do? Stop offering choice and do less work would be my suggestion to every Dev. If you are going to lose 50% of audience, lose the 50% that makes you work harder. Put in the illusion of choice, one choice menu items and call it a day like Mr. Dots. The rest of us who like choice can go pound sand I suppose.

The VN thus far allows you to opt out of dating main characters BUT of course that means you will miss content. I can't foresee anyway to opt out of Sofia or Stacy and not miss content. But if you opted out of Stacy you got Gena IF you opted in on Gena otherwise yeah you had a short game. Choices matter I guess and I think the fact that you had an alternative route if you choose to opt out of Stacy is far more than most games would give you. IMHO.
I'm not up in arms about it: Obviously some choices must be mutually exclusive, you can't pick both the charm and the dark path with the same character. I do think it's a pity that players who, say, go on the date with Gena miss out on the night out with the twins and vice versa, but it is what it is. Hopefully there'll be a chance to meet any characters you missed the first time around later on.

The mini game can be skipped. The result is random. Save the game and reload it until you win it.
Would be good to have that clarified in the game. I tried to skip it a few times and lost, so gave up and swore my way through a bad PONG-clone. If you're going to let players skip the game anyway you might as well let them pick the result as well.

Reactions: LordSinner

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Meh. I'd have been more into that scene if the MC had had any amount of control over it. As it is, it's the racist douchebag couple driving the train, getting the young and naïve couple coked up, and all the MC gets to decide is whether to climb aboard or bail. It's not him getting his own back from Stacy, they're both just props in the other couple's hotwife play. The MC's lack of control becomes very clear at the end when the husband kicks them out to enjoy his wife himself.
Sure, you only get to choose between "go with it" and "bail." Except for the end, though, I don't see that as having no control. Could it have been more nuanced? Probably. Like maybe you get to say no to the drugs but still get to fuck the wife while Stacy watches. Do I care much? No. The way I play the MC he'd have been into the drug part, and everything before then played into my general feelings about Stacy. So right up until they got kicked out he was having fun doing things he was more than happy to do. And getting a little revenge on Stacy at the same time.

But I can see your point of view. The way it played out is certainly not going to work for everyone.

Re: the mini game random skip result. Yes, it would have been best to have it clear in the game that skipping gave a random result and also that to retry you have to load a save, not just roll back (at least I never got a win by rolling back.) I also lost the first time and just happened that I then tried playing the game, also lost, reloaded, skipped, lost, thought what the hell, try playing again, lost, gave up, reloaded, skipped, won (wait, what? You can win by skipping?!?) Saved after my win, went back and tried skipping several more times, mostly lost, won once. Then went back to my post-win save and out with the twins.

Reactions: HandofVecna

HandofVecna

Sep 4, 2018
Neither am I :(

Kidding aside, my issue (as with most minigames) is not the difficulty, it's that it has precisely zero entertainment or story value. It's just another chore to get through hoping that the actual game you were hoping to play will pick back up again soon.
I actually chuckled. I hear you. I actually didn't mind it/liked it. Esp compared to other mini-games I've played.

HandofVecna

Sep 4, 2018
Sure, you only get to choose between "go with it" and "bail." Except for the end, though, I don't see that as having no control. Could it have been more nuanced? Probably. Like maybe you get to say no to the drugs but still get to fuck the wife while Stacy watches. Do I care much? No. The way I play the MC he'd have been into the drug part, and everything before then played into my general feelings about Stacy. So right up until they got kicked out he was having fun doing things he was more than happy to do. And getting a little revenge on Stacy at the same time.

But I can see your point of view. The way it played out is certainly not going to work for everyone.
I dig Stacy. She's probably the only character in the game that gets such a polarizing response. Rightfully so. It's probably split 50/50.

Forgive and fornicate I say :)

3.70 star(s) 54 Votes