drisarter

Jun 12, 2017
I only just noticed the MC has never seen Dirty Dancing.

Look, people.

I don't care if you think you are so alpha you piss pure testosterone and sweat masculinity ..... Dirty Dancing, like Road House, is a must watch Swayze movie ... no exceptions.

There are some films that are legal requirements to watch ... or at least should be.

Jaws, Terminator 1 and 2 shame they never ever made any more, Gremlins (maybe Gremlins 2 because it has it's funny moments), Mad Max ... all of them, Point Break, Lost Boys, Stand By Me, American Werewolf in London, Shaun of the Dead, Matrix, John Wick, The Raid, Dirty Dancing and Road House.

Also Poltergeist.

Anyone argues and i'm also throwing in Ghost, Twilight and 50 Shades so no arguing pretty please cos even I won't watch those and my tolerance for shitty movies is Sharknado high.
Of these films, I have not seen: Jaws, Terminator 1, Terminator 2, Point Break, Lost Boys, American Warewolf in London, John Wick, The Raid, Dirty Dancing, Road House, and Poltergeist. I have also not seen Ghost, Twighlight, and 50 Shades of Grey. I think I have seen Sharknado :unsure:

Reactions: ename144

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Of these films, I have not seen: Jaws, Terminator 1, Terminator 2, Point Break, Lost Boys, American Warewolf in London, John Wick, The Raid, Dirty Dancing, Road House, and Poltergeist. I have also not seen Ghost, Twighlight, and 50 Shades of Grey. I think I have seen Sharknado :unsure:
I went to see Twilight as part of a birthday party for one of my best friends. Sometime just before the climactic end of the movie, the film broke. We all were given free passes for a movie in the next year, and by the time we were leaving even the birthday girl was laughing about the timing.

I have never seen the end. I don't regret it.

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022
i know ppl here love the ham but till hams i didnt see the appealing at all ,that gorls sadie just is too good to just became my butter on the ham ,but if if i try hard also zenda route now and even valeria solo route is also a nice change form the others threesome/foursome/and the mora/sadie/athena/hidie solo routes,they are absolutely gorgeous [i mean zenda and valeria].i only hope that the last chapters dont ry to mess too much with them bcs would be a shame if something happends to valeria or zenda .........

BigLurker

Jun 16, 2018
It's a ren'py issue. If you have any other games downloaded onto whatever you're playing on. Copy another renpy games "renpy" folder and replace the renpy folder in your Bare Witness folder and it should work.
I had the same issue. No problems with other games. Copying fixed it. Thanks. See what this game is all about. :)

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
Awwww, she's so cute.. Why would you want to leave her out? :(
While the breakups between Heidi and Athena are heartbreaking, there's still a reason to leave one of them out.
I think the solo routes here are what makes the game special and they feel a lot more right to me than all the throuple or harem routes.
And that although I'm usually a fan of harem games, simply because I'm a lazy bastard who doesn't feel like multiple runs.

Athena has been my favorite alongside Val, closely followed by Mora until this update.
Zenda is lovable as are all characters in the game, but I don't "feel" it with her.
The only one I can't really get a connection with is Heidi, I have no idea why, but somehow something doesn't suit with her for me.

But damn, this update really threw me off track.

Up until now, I'd treated Sadie as more of a "side character" and didn't give her much attention, but she's worked her way up the list, rivaling Val and Athena.
But she is just damn adorable and you can touch the love she feels for the MC.

Edit: Thanks to Slockie and Storm for Sadie's boobs by the way.
Big breasts that look natural and are subject to gravity and not like inflated balloons, also finally a body of a real woman and not a "girl".

I feel your pain. I'm only 26 and it's like dealing with my grandparents when talking with storm. Surprised he even knows how to turn on his computer tbh
Ohh wait you little shit, as soon as my incontinence pads have been changed, you can experience something!

Damned youth of today, no more respect for the old.

Last edited:

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
Finally played this game for the first time, so I don't exactly know what's new and what's old content. Also, only played Sadie solo path so far, so take my post with a grain of salt haha.

Ngl when I saw MC bump into Sadie on campus I first thought 'ok this game is trying something different, not all LIs have model looks'. Can't say I wasn't a little disappointed when she quickly turned into a massive fitness freak. :p Still best girl, though.

I'm usually not a harem player, so I'm thinking about which other paths to play. Turning down Sadie seems almost impossible at this point and so does separating Heidi and Athena. Looks like I might still end up with MASH after all haha.

Game felt a bit rushed at times. I would've wished for some some additional interaction with the girls, even if you aren't pursuing them. Hanging out more with your roomies, another D&D session, that kinda stuff. Assuming they're still interested ofc. Then again that's me and I understand not everyone likes additional "filler" with girls they aren't romantically interested in. Would've also required a lot of extra work with all the different characters I guess.

Nonetheless, an enjoyable one. Thanks. :)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Game felt a bit rushed at times. I would've wished for some some additional interaction with the girls, even if you aren't pursuing them.
It's only a short game, next update is the last.

As good as some of us are finding this I think this was more of a practice run for the devs to put together what they knew and learn what works. They have another game planned after this one.

Ngl when I saw MC bump into Sadie on campus I first thought 'ok this game is trying something different, not all LIs have model looks'. Can't say I wasn't a little disappointed when she quickly turned into a massive fitness freak. :p Still best girl, though.
I actually agree with this 110% and it's the same problem I have with one of the LI's in Young Again.

They were both chubby adorable girls that looked different to the norm and just wanted to find someone that loved them.

Both turned into super fitness freaks.

Both lost what originally drew me to them. Sadie went a bit further and turned into the typical looking hot girl. Not a dig on the devs, just my own personal thing. Sadie was awkward and adorable and she lost that when she went supermodel.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Game felt a bit rushed at times. I would've wished for some some additional interaction with the girls, even if you aren't pursuing them. Hanging out more with your roomies, another D&D session, that kinda stuff. Assuming they're still interested ofc.
I agree with pretty much everything you said here, except for the thing about Heidi. I really like her, but they are all adorable girls. Haven't played Val's path yet though.
But the thing I quote above is something I think is lacking to some degree in most games I've played, just being friends with someone who is a possible LI. I would love to have more scenes that build up those friendships, learning more about the characters and what they mean to eachother. I'm often a little torn with picking a choice when I think it'll lead to a romantic relationship, when I just want to be friends and I think the other option means I won't see much more of them.
With many of the really good games, I'm less interested in the hot scenes (not that I mind them! And I can't imagine how much work went into the foursome in this game) than romance and friendships. And I can do without the dorky (sometimes gay) best friend.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
Sadie was awkward and adorable and she lost that when she went supermodel.
She's certainly lost a few pounds, but I wouldn't say she's become a supermodel, there's a lot more to her than just skin and bones. ;)
Don't know how to describe it and it probably sounds stupid, but when I look at her in her current appearance she is "Mother Material".

I may like the new Sadie better than the old one, because my real cousin looks a lot like the old one, and she's not very lovable. :LOL:

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
But the thing I quote above is something I think is lacking to some degree in most games I've played, just being friends with someone who is a possible LI.
This is something we heard a great deal right from the start of BW. We just didn't have the wiggle room to really explore it, as the game was intended to be a short, very focused story.

However, we're absolutely going to be taking that lesson and applying it to Heaven's Door. You'll be able to just outright befriend every love interest in the game, allowing you to still have a relationship even if you aren't romantically interested in that particular girl.

This might not always work out the way you'd hope, and things might not always stay platonic, but that's how real life works, too. We hope it's something that you all play through and still feel a satisfying connection with the characters you've elected not to romance.

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
I am one of those few weirdos who doesn't have any interest in a poly/harem lifestyle so I didn't play the MASH/HAM/HA routes, also have no interest in solo H or A routes because I think it is cruel to make them choose between each other and the MC.
Glad I'm not the only one :KEK:

Also Heidi solo path was ruined for me with that choice (which is fine though, can't win them all), atleast there is still Mora.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
This is something we heard a great deal right from the start of BW. We just didn't have the wiggle room to really explore it, as the game was intended to be a short, very focused
I absolutely get that, and you have done great with the limits you've set on the project. If I didn't know this was your first one, I would never have guessed.

This might not always work out the way you'd hope, and things might not always stay platonic, but that's how real life works, too. We hope it's something that you all play through and still feel a satisfying connection with the characters you've elected not to romance.
This sounds exactly like something I'd love to play. I really want to see more adult VNs move in a more realistic direction, with the amount of people who love games like this one and Leap of faith, there must be a demand.
Oh and please give me a smart, funny and petite, dark haired girl with small boobs and a bush to romance (the whole girl, not just the bush) while you're at it. I want more of those too.
Only problem with that is that I would never explore any other routes in the game and miss out on alot. Hm, that got slightly OT.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Her name is Mika, and you're gonna love her. That girl has a mouth on her, though...
Ooh. That sounds very promising :) perhaps she needs a firm hand on her behind occasionally if she is being too mouthy.
But seriously, I look forward to see what HD will be like, and the end of BW of course.

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
I agree with pretty much everything you said here, except for the thing about Heidi. I really like her, but they are all adorable girls. Haven't played Val's path yet though.
But the thing I quote above is something I think is lacking to some degree in most games I've played, just being friends with someone who is a possible LI. I would love to have more scenes that build up those friendships, learning more about the characters and what they mean to eachother. I'm often a little torn with picking a choice when I think it'll lead to a romantic relationship, when I just want to be friends and I think the other option means I won't see much more of them.
With many of the really good games, I'm less interested in the hot scenes (not that I mind them! And I can't imagine how much work went into the foursome in this game) than romance and friendships. And I can do without the dorky (sometimes gay) best friend.
Yup, what you said. It's not something that only affects this game and I don't blame the devs, certainly not when it's their first game.
Not sure what you mean about Heidi, though? :unsure: Maybe I was unclear. I like both her and Athena and I wouldn't play a path that only includes one of them (as tempting as the Heidi/Sadie route sounds). :)

Reactions: Jarulf
4.50 star(s) 227 Votes