Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Holy shit a high quality AVN being completed? What timeline am I in...
Yeah. I'd love to see more shorter, focused (please ignore the fact of the 11 endings for a sec...) games of this quality. There are some fantastic long games out there, but there is always the risk of Devs burning out or changed circumstances for them that prevent them from being finished.
With shorter games, with a clear end in sight I imagine it's easier to stay motivated for many, even during those times it isn't much fun or just stressful.
It's probably easier to stay with the original concept of the story too, and not get distracted by the new cool ideas you always get when doing any kind of creative work. Some of those can go into the next project, instead of being brought into the current one, and potentially pushing the end even further into the future.
Just some random thoughts :)

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Yeah. I'd love to see more shorter, focused (please ignore the fact of the 11 endings for a sec...) games of this quality. There are some fantastic long games out there, but there is always the risk of Devs burning out or changed circumstances for them that prevent them from being finished.
With shorter games, with a clear end in sight I imagine it's easier to stay motivated for many, even during those times it isn't much fun or just stressful.
It's probably easier to stay with the original concept of the story too, and not get distracted by the new cool ideas you always get when doing any kind of creative work. Some of those can go into the next project, instead of being brought into the current one, and potentially pushing the end even further into the future.
Just some random thoughts :)
Hard agree.

Having a rough outline of the entire story from the start is the way to go for AVN development, lest you risk falling into the pitfall of constantly increasing patch development time because of sporadic ideas that threaten your focus.

Keep it short, keep it sweet.

I look forward to A Bare Witness ending, and the team's next project simply because of the quality and speed of their work.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
I look forward to A Bare Witness ending, and the team's next project simply because of the quality and speed of their work.
This.
And having a decent sized project finished, and loved by so many, can only help the Devs build their reputation, hopefully turning into more money for them, if that is something they care about.
I also like the idea of connected stories, with people from one game turning up in the next, as long as it makes sense of course. A bit like spinoff tv series.
Instead of making a few chapters about a side character, make her the MC or a major LI of the next game.

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
This.
And having a decent sized project finished, and loved by so many, can only help the Devs build their reputation, hopefully turning into more money for them, if that is something they care about.
I also like the idea of connected stories, with people from one game turning up in the next, as long as it makes sense of course. A bit like spinoff tv series.
Instead of making a few chapters about a side character, make her the MC or a major LI of the next game.
Ok so while characters from this game will show up in the next game they will not be the same version of said characters so it doesn't really have to make sense how they show up.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Ok so while characters from this game will show up in the next game they will not be the same version of said characters so it doesn't really have to make sense how they show up.
That is true. But if they are not the same versions, are they still the same characters? Philosophical question, for you. :)
I wasn't speaking specifically about these two games though, (I understand if it seemed that I was though) but more generally as something I think could be interesting in some situations. More or less connected stories developed in different games.

Reactions: DarhkBlu

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
That is true. But if they are not the same versions, are they still the same characters? Philosophical question, for you. :)
I wasn't speaking specifically about these two games though, (I understand if it seemed that I was though) but more generally as something I think could be interesting in some situations. More or less connected stories developed in different games.
To be honest, I got the impression from what S&S have said before that there's going to be a brand new MC and while most or all of the girls will show up, they will only be background or non-intractable (i.e. non-fuckable) side characters.

I may be remembering wrong, of course.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I treat "Daz" models like actors. Each one is an actor that portrays a character in every visual novel that comes out. It never bothers me when devs use the same models they previously used or that other devs use. Some models are just perfect:
Blaire (the most used model) or Victoria 7, Layla and Alexis from Intertwined
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sinisa, Nami from Summer's Gone
Aurore, Bella from Being a DIK (Modified)
Bare Witness uses a lot of models I have not seen before, which is also nice. Most are models that don't come from Daz and are modified or combined models. Regardless of where the model comes from, they definitely create incredible characters when authors use them well. And they are beautiful! Like Jarulf's signature says, it is entirely possible to "crush" on these models, as we would a real actor! ;)

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
I treat "Daz" models like actors. Each one is an actor that portrays a character in every visual novel that comes out.
I've never thought of it that way, but it does make a lot of sense. Not the same as the same character appearing in different connected games, but definitely a good point when it comes to the models.

It never bothers me when devs use the same models they previously used or that other devs use.
To be honest, most female models are pretty hot for some strange reason.

Regardless of where the model comes from, they definitely create incredible characters when authors use them well. And they are beautiful! Like Jarulf's signature says, it is entirely possible to "crush" on these models, as we would a real actor! ;)
Absolutely! While I may not have been entirely serious about the crushing part, when you come across a girl based on a model you like and with personality that attracts you, it can come very close indeed. And when the writing is good (see my sig!), some of the girls can really stay with me.

4.50 star(s) 227 Votes