Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017

Howdy ya'll,

Progress is going swimmingly right now, really have no complaints except for making all these animations. Storm's gotten 9/11 endings complete and I'm probably finished with 8.75/11 or so. I'm pretty close to finishing this Athena/Heidi ending which is pretty exciting, it's really adorable so far, I love it.
Anyway, render count sits at 5,169 and animations at about 252.

Once again, I hate making ya'll wait, it eats me up inside but I truly hope it'll be worth it in the end.
Love ya'll,
Slock

Storm did 9/11 confirmed. :illuminati:

Reinhardo

Mar 13, 2023

Howdy ya'll,

Progress is going swimmingly right now, really have no complaints except for making all these animations. Storm's gotten 9/11 endings complete and I'm probably finished with 8.75/11 or so. I'm pretty close to finishing this Athena/Heidi ending which is pretty exciting, it's really adorable so far, I love it.
Anyway, render count sits at 5,169 and animations at about 252.

Once again, I hate making ya'll wait, it eats me up inside but I truly hope it'll be worth it in the end.
Love ya'll,
Slock

Storm did 9/11 confirmed. :illuminati:
Just kinda curious question why is that whenever usually there's a duo of two devs one of them takes the heavy task of rendering while the other do writing not saying that it doesn't require effort, but couldn't the other one spend some time learning rendering to help his buddy out a bit at least, considering these projects can last for yrs literally these days, that's a lot of time to learn it too.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: turbojoe

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Just kinda curious question why is that whenever usually there's a duo of two devs one of them takes the heavy task of rendering while the other do writing not saying that it doesn't require effort, but couldn't the other one spend some time learning rendering to help his buddy out a bit at least, considering these projects can last for yrs literally these days, that's a lot of time to learn it too.
Maybe one of them doesn't have that much time to put in to a side project because real life commitments or another of many reasons why they have split the work this way.

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
Do you know how long it takes an experienced writer to get all those 0's and 1's in the correct order? Come on, man!

• Haha
Reactions: HornyyPussy

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
I mean... writing isn't exactly an easy thing to do if you want your VN to be taken seriously. Needs to be coherent and concise. You need to be able to write weaving plot threads (potentially, depending on how deep you want your VN story to be) that don't have massive holes in it while having believable dialog between the characters, and it needs to also have proper grammar and spelling so it isn't full on Engrish.

Not exactly an easy thing to do unless your VN is just
-day 1
-mc goes to the womans house
-mc boinks woman
-mc goes home
-write words as needed during coitus
-day 2

Slockie

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
Storms a grammar/spelling dweeb, theres probably only 3-5 errors throughout an entire update with 60,000+ words that playtesters will point out. He's really really good when it comes to that

Last edited by a moderator:

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Storms a grammar/spelling dweeb, theres probably only 3-5 errors throughout an entire update with 60,000+ words that playtesters will point out. He's really really good when it comes to that
AND the writing itself right, he's really good at that as well? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer
Sep 3, 2020
because of my reading disability I don't care about spelling mistakes unless they're really bad I'm just grateful I can play the game

honestly, I'm more grateful that there's a monogamy option for me

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
As someone who does everything alone for BTW, I would give my left nut for EITHER an artist as talented as Slockie, or a writer as creative as Storm. They represent both sides of the same coin. Hell, I personally find the writing to be significantly more difficult than the posing/rendering much of the time. But then I start working on my animations, and the coin is flipped.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
As someone who does everything alone for BTW, I would give my left nut for EITHER an artist as talented as Slockie, or a writer as creative as Storm. They represent both sides of the same coin. Hell, I personally find the writing to be significantly more difficult than the posing/rendering much of the time. But then I start working on my animations, and the coin is flipped.
*This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

Reinhardo

Mar 13, 2023
If storm decided to sell his writing in an ebook novel form without any pretty polygons to go along with it, there will only come whispering of crickets from places his bootlickers used to sing his praises. There's fresh woman a title with shit tier writing yet pretty visuals and it's right now one of the top rated vns one's of this site so..., A vn could work without self proclaim perfect writers with an attitude problem too.

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
If storm decided to sell his writing in an ebook novel form without any pretty polygons to go along with it, there will only come whispering of crickets from places his bootlickers used to sing his praises. There's fresh woman a title with shit tier writing yet pretty visuals and it's right now one of the top rated vns one's of this site so..., A vn could work without self proclaim perfect writers with an attitude problem too.
And in reverse, how many amazing written works have been adapted to visual media, just to end up as complete trash? One thing of value does not negate another thing of value.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
There's no "heavier" task between the two. Both are required to be at the top of this game, son. I'd argue that having bad writing is more detrimental than bad renders/animations. If you can't get invested (because of bad writing), then the VN essentially becomes a pump & dump and has no replay value. But if every path in a VN is so well written that it presents a whole another experience or POV for us - the players - then it has significantly increased the value of a single render.

TLDR: better writing over better renders > more invested > more development support > more content.

4.50 star(s) 227 Votes