Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
I have a couple questions to the devs and you guys seem very active here. I'd very much like to buy the game but, excuse my language, fuck patreon, so im interested in itch.io version so:

1. Will there be a delay between the patreon and itch release date?
2. Do you plan to increase the price? And if you don't mind saying by how much if so? In old posts I found info indicating price increases with previous versions. At $15 it would most likely be a no-brainer and I'll most likely wait for the chapter 5 release to buy it, but if it's more I might buy it on itch early and feel slightly less bad about pirating it from here. Unless buying it now, even for less mony than the final version will still give me access to chapter 5 as well.
  1. Yes. We will be redoing the visuals for chapter 1, cleaning the game up a bit in places (including some of the code), and redoing the soundtrack (which we won't be able to use on Steam). Our patrons will get the initial release of chapter 5 since virtually all of them will have played through everything we plan to fix, but we want the game to be about as perfect as it can be for its Steam and final Itch releases.
  2. The final price will be $12.99 on both Steam and Itch. However, if you buy on Itch now, chapter 5 is of course included (once it releases). It's $9.99 up until the release of chapter 5, but we happen to have an active with both Westview Academy and Between Two Worlds. All three games for $25 for a limited time.

Reactions: Vinho49 and JJ1960

Uog

Oct 9, 2017
  1. Yes. We will be redoing the visuals for chapter 1, cleaning the game up a bit in places (including some of the code), and redoing the soundtrack (which we won't be able to use on Steam). Our patrons will get the initial release of chapter 5 since virtually all of them will have played through everything we plan to fix, but we want the game to be about as perfect as it can be for its Steam and final Itch releases.
  2. The final price will be $12.99 on both Steam and Itch. However, if you buy on Itch now, chapter 5 is of course included (once it releases). It's $9.99 up until the release of chapter 5, but we happen to have an active with both Westview Academy and Between Two Worlds. All three games for $25 for a limited time.
Thanks for answering. I'll probably buy it in the next few days than since there is no reason to wait. Most likely for the $13 or even the $15 I mentioned earlier.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
There won't be an introductory price on Steam, is it going to be a flat $13 straight away?

Reactions: Dark Silence

Lumi24

Mar 21, 2022
Well well well
fb2105da08a040b43255152b0397a94b.gif

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
So to clarify, the initial Patron release WON'T have the changes listed? (I'm for that btw - mostly 'cause of soundtrack continuity). I plan to get the Steam release anyway, but I'd like to have an "original" version of the game if possible.

Reactions: Crazy_Chicken87

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
So to clarify, the initial Patron release WON'T have the changes listed? (I'm for that btw - mostly 'cause of soundtrack continuity). I plan to get the Steam release anyway, but I'd like to have an "original" version of the game if possible.
Correct. We'll eventually be making the complete, final version available on Patreon, but initially it will just be the current version with chapter 5 added (and some minor changes and corrections elsewhere).

Eric13

Oct 27, 2023
My expectation of the story in ch 5.
Zenda is mob related. But I don't think the family that killed MC's father. A rival family. And the (past) relationship with her is what's going to safe the MC.
Unless he's never been on her path. Then he's screwed.

• Angry
Reactions: DarhkBlu

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Always have always will ... what do you think gamers are looking forward to most in here?
Then he's screwed
Has been for the duration of his induction into adulhood and the whole game time.
Nothing new here, certainly nothing news worthy more or less than this game story.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Fabulous kickstart for this new 2024 year of mastering the level of self absobtion in everything this beautiful,
so thoroughly fulfilling, that it gets really hard to focus over anything outside the gorgeous perplexingly perfect proportions of girls worth all the rollercoaster ups and downs all trouoghout this game, Uriel ☁
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y):p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p(y)(y)(y):D:D:D:D:D:D
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y):sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::coffee::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:(y)(y)(y)(y)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Uriel ☁

dodgeboi

Oct 3, 2019
Amazing game so far, but there's something that's been on my mind ever since I started playing. Is Heidi's model based on anyone in particular? Does anyone know? She looks eerily similar to Molly Garcia...

4.50 star(s) 227 Votes