VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
If the same number of renders are created, the electricity cost would be the same, just more spread out.
Setting up all of those renders to keep a PC running 24/7, that's a lot of work.
Yeah, my power bill is pretty nutty. The PC is legit going 24/7 whether it's doing the actual posing or rendering. Shit adds up really fast lol. Thankfully I can use the PC as a heater.
In that case, the 40 day timeframe remains plausible.

Reactions: Quetzzz

Reinhardo

Mar 13, 2023
Yeah, my power bill is pretty nutty. The PC is legit going 24/7 whether it's doing the actual posing or rendering. Shit adds up really fast lol. Thankfully I can use the PC as a heater.
As a renderer how do you think ai will effect your work going on if at all, honestly myself i find ai art mix with 3d renders very jarring and out of place like the latest update of farmer's dream renpy was quite shit tbh, yeah it might reduce work but i can't shake the feeling many 3d renderers must be looking at ai and thinking woah i can just use this shit and prevent my pc from rendering 24 hours a day etc.

Slockie

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
As a renderer how do you think ai will effect your work going on if at all, honestly myself i find ai art mix with 3d renders very jarring and out of place like the latest update of farmer's dream renpy was quite shit tbh, yeah it might reduce work but i can't shake the feeling many 3d renderers must be looking at ai and thinking woah i can just use this shit and prevent my pc from rendering 24 hours a day etc.
I'm prolly not qualified to answer about this shit because I know literally nothing about 3d shit or ai shit or anything for that matter. I just know I don't plan on using AI ever, even if every other game is using it and blows my shit outta the water. I enjoy creating too much. I could see some devs using AI if they view making a game as just a job, but I truly love making it so much that I don't think I'll ever stop, let alone use AI.

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
AI is already and will continue to be a very useful post-processing tool, but is not yet suitable for truly creative production. I can see AVN devs using it to excellent effect for visual layer effects (wetness, shadow, etc.) that DAZ isn't natively good at. I can also see it as a means to add realism to model components (facial features and expressions, hair, etc.). It may even be able to help correct contact details that can be hard to get right (think a hand gripping a person or object, etc.). But a text-based input to create from scratch will never be as useful to an artist as a rendered image as the input and making targeted changes.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Hi everybody I was playing Come Home and Athena's cameo piqued my interest in the game so I will be downloading this at some point lol
The next release will be all of the endings. Not sure when it will drop (next month or so, most likely), but, with the material and paths available already, you might be able to play what's out now and be finishing up within a few days of the release of the finale. ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: lazerus13901

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
Hi everybody I was playing Come Home and Athena's cameo piqued my interest in the game so I will be downloading this at some point lol
You definetly need to play Bare Witness to understand her cameo better, besides there's 11 possible endings to see. The final update will come sometime soon but is good toget started on those saves already, you won't regret it!!

• Red Heart
Reactions: lazerus13901

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017

Hey ya'll,

Here's a quick little date night preview with sandwich.

Also wanted to let ya'll know that Chapter 5 has reached 7,000 renders, which is nuts. To put that into perspective, chapters 1 thru 4 had 5,750 combined, so lotta new renders to look at (even if they make you want to throw up.)

Love ya'll,
slock

1705141398570.png

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021

Hey ya'll,

Here's a quick little date night preview with sandwich.

Also wanted to let ya'll know that Chapter 5 has reached 7,000 renders, which is nuts. To put that into perspective, chapters 1 thru 4 had 5,750 combined, so lotta new renders to look at (even if they make you want to throw up.)

Love ya'll,
slock

View attachment 3258299
Damn - what happened with Athena?????o_O
Where is the Goth Girl I loved?

4.50 star(s) 227 Votes