Justaphase

May 1, 2024
View attachment 3796724
WOW! Just finished the Val ending. That render is one of my fave's and Val looks absolutely adorable! :)

And, no, I haven't been playing solid since my last post, but it was still a TON of content for just that one ending. As for what follows, I have avoided reading spoilers since this thing came out, so I was going in without too many outside influences on my expectations. One thing I didn't expect was as much "our new life" content, but I liked the story it told. Nor did I expect as many "scenes" for just that single ending - with most VNs lately, you're lucky to get one such "farewell VN" scene for an LI - and if she was a secondary LI, it's probably less than a dozen renders and maybe a brief animation. If the work put in on this ending is indicative of all the others, I know what I'll be doing for the next week+!

The amount of content for this one ending would be an entire "chapter" or "episode" of any other well-done VN with a 5-6 month Dev cycle, and there's another 8 endings, if I'm remembering right. I'm sure some of the content may be the same in all of them, just with alternate dialogue, but that will probably account for no more than 20% of the content of each. Amazing!

Overall, just outstandingly well done - I can hardly wait to get to my "preferred" endings now.

Some observations:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looking forward to the remaining endings. Zenda is next for me - can't remember if there are two variants based on whether you let the friend get involved with y'all or not, but guess I'll find out tomorrow evening.

Oh, and I sometimes wonder how Devs name scenes in development as they storyboard/render. For MC's return from WitSec in the Val ending, were I doing the storyboard, the scene name would have been something akin to my naming convention for the renders I screenshot: "Val_Ch05-04_HomeCummingAndCummingAndCumming". Yeah, a bit long, but I had to do it. :devilish:
The ending/endings of Bare Witness is how I will judge endings of other AVN's now. There aren't many that are finished but this one is by far my favourite, it's not even close. It may have taken over a year to finish, but I would rather that than a few "and they all lived happily ever after" renders. Each ending feels unique, we really get to see what life looks like with whoever you choose. The dev understands what what's most important in an AVN is the love interests, not the story, which thankfully gets wrapped up pretty quickly.
It felt like the game gave me a big hug and just held me there. Simply beautiful.

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
View attachment 3796724
WOW! Just finished the Val ending. That render is one of my fave's and Val looks absolutely adorable! :)

And, no, I haven't been playing solid since my last post, but it was still a TON of content for just that one ending. As for what follows, I have avoided reading spoilers since this thing came out, so I was going in without too many outside influences on my expectations. One thing I didn't expect was as much "our new life" content, but I liked the story it told. Nor did I expect as many "scenes" for just that single ending - with most VNs lately, you're lucky to get one such "farewell VN" scene for an LI - and if she was a secondary LI, it's probably less than a dozen renders and maybe a brief animation. If the work put in on this ending is indicative of all the others, I know what I'll be doing for the next week+!

The amount of content for this one ending would be an entire "chapter" or "episode" of any other well-done VN with a 5-6 month Dev cycle, and there's another 8 endings, if I'm remembering right. I'm sure some of the content may be the same in all of them, just with alternate dialogue, but that will probably account for no more than 20% of the content of each. Amazing!

Overall, just outstandingly well done - I can hardly wait to get to my "preferred" endings now.

Some observations:
Looking forward to the remaining endings. Zenda is next for me - can't remember if there are two variants based on whether you let the friend get involved with y'all or not, but guess I'll find out tomorrow evening.

Oh, and I sometimes wonder how Devs name scenes in development as they storyboard/render. For MC's return from WitSec in the Val ending, were I doing the storyboard, the scene name would have been something akin to my naming convention for the renders I screenshot: "Val_Ch05-04_HomeCummingAndCummingAndCumming". Yeah, a bit long, but I had to do it. :devilish:
Nothing important here, but Val tells you when you meet that she's 42 (exactly double your age at the time, which she makes a joke about.)

Reactions: DaFinker

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
On Mora's path when the Mc is talking to Joey Smiles;

The Mc got the alignment wrong actually. Joey Smiles isn't neutral evil as the Mc claimed but actually chaotic evil.

Lawful evil would mean Joey would prioritize the outfit over himself, following every command the outfit gives him. He didn't do that so he isn't lawful.

Joey admits that he kills because he likes killing. Not because it's necessary or that he's ordered to do it. Meaning he prioritizes the individual over the collective. That by definition is chaotic evil. Because neutral evil takes both sides of the coin, sometimes prioritizes the organization, sometimes the individual.

Also Joey undermines the outfit a lot with his behavior, they think of him as a pain in the rear, so he kinda locks himself out neutral and lawful behavior.
Given that they play Pathfinder, they likely use those definitions instead of D&D definitions.

Most relevant part: "A neutral evil villain does whatever she can get away with. She is out for herself, pure and simple."

In Pathfinder, a Chaotic Evil villain is going to be the one going on random indiscriminate killing sprees. While Joey enjoys killing, his actions are more methodical, targeted, and self-interested than that. Remember, it's not just desire to kill that drives him, but also his belief that MC could testify against him.

Based on these definitions and taken as a whole (rather than just looking at his actions towards MC), I'd say Neutral Evil is appropriate.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: sp4ckj4rr0w_420

DaFinker

Apr 24, 2024
Just getting into the Zenda route. Anyone else notice this artifact in the "just got to the hotel" BJ sequence?
Not a big deal - just caught my eye. Thought Slockie might be interested in knowing in case some kind of "final remaster" or somesuch is planned.

ADDENDUM:
As I finished the hotel scene with Zenda, just a couple of observations.

First, this team does the general body/boob/penetration of sex physics as good as, and probably better than, any other Dev/VN I presently follow. That said, the miniskirt physics is just a wee bit off. :LOL: Twas a slight distraction, but was still fun.

Final note on this topic:

Last edited:

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
Just getting into the Zenda route. Anyone else notice this artifact in the "just got to the hotel" BJ sequence?
Not a big deal - just caught my eye. Thought Slockie might be interested in knowing in case some kind of "final remaster" or somesuch is planned.
Given the location (next to the bottle) I would say that's a glass of white wine. It's just in the distance, small enough, and out of focus enough that it looks weird.

Edit: Also, I happily say how Zenda is my leaast favourite, but at least when I was playing her path I was focusing on her and not the tiny things in the background :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
Given the location (next to the bottle) I would say that's a glass of white wine. It's just in the distance, small enough, and out of focus enough that it looks weird.

Edit: Also, I happily say how Zenda is my leaast favourite, but at least when I was playing her path I was focusing on her and not the tiny things in the background :ROFLMAO:
priorities-straight.jpg

DaFinker

Apr 24, 2024

After playing enough VNs with hidden objects and Easter eggs, I've gotten used to scanning the whole scene, and it was something glittering in the periphery, so I noticed. :)

And while it could be a wine glass, it wouldn't have white wine in it, it would be empty - that's a red wine. ;)

Reactions: mintymuz

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
And while it could be a wine glass, it wouldn't have white wine in it, it would be empty - that's a red wine. ;)
Is that based on gameplay (because I wouldn't remember that) or based on the colour of the bottle? If it's the bottle, I would just say that you can get white wine in a green or brown bottle (though I would usually expect it in a clear one) and the colour goes all the way to the neck, so it's not just reflecting what's inside.

DaFinker

Apr 24, 2024
Is that based on gameplay (because I wouldn't remember that) or based on the colour of the bottle? If it's the bottle, I would just say that you can get white wine in a green or brown bottle (though I would usually expect it in a clear one) and the colour goes all the way to the neck, so it's not just reflecting what's inside.
I say it as a guy that's been a hospitality exec for a couple of decades and heavily involved in a group that puts on an international wine competition annually. You will find whites in green bottles, but they tend to be lighter in color than that bottle reflects, though a sparkling might look that dark due to the thickness of the glass. Possible that's what it is, and, if so, then Zenda is a girl after my own heart because the shape of the reflection would indicate old-style champagne tulip glasses rather than flutes. Flutes give you a show, but tulips are better for allowing the wine to open up and letting you indulge in its full flavor. And, while it could be sparkling, the bottle looks more to have a Burgundy or Rhone Valley region shape to it, and the darkness suggest red. But, it's all just pixils and imagination. :LOL:

Reactions: mintymuz

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
I say it as a guy that's been a hospitality exec for a couple of decades and heavily involved in a group that puts on an international wine competition annually. You will find whites in green bottles, but they tend to be lighter in color than that bottle reflects, though a sparkling might look that dark due to the thickness of the glass. Possible that's what it is, and, if so, then Zenda is a girl after my own heart because the shape of the reflection would indicate old-style champagne tulip glasses rather than flutes. Flutes give you a show, but tulips are better for allowing the wine to open up and letting you indulge in its full flavor. And, while it could be sparkling, the bottle looks more to have a Burgundy or Rhone Valley region shape to it, and the darkness suggest red. But, it's all just pixils and imagination. :LOL:
Sweet! In a normal world, you would absolutely be right. In a world where the people who put together the assets that the devs use don't seem to know what bottles look like, let alone the colours and contents, I'd chalk it up to just being a glass of whatever's "in" the bottle :ROFLMAO:

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
It's obvious - Zenda let Shelby order from room service and instead of Champagne he accidentally asked for sparkling wine.

DaFinker

Apr 24, 2024
It's obvious - Zenda let Shelby order from room service and instead of Champagne he accidentally asked for sparkling wine.
Champagne IS sparkling wine. ;)

As are Cremont (French, not from Champagne region); Cava (Spanish) and Prosecco (Italian), to name a few.

Reactions: Elhemeer

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
Champagne IS sparkling wine. ;)

As are Cremont (French, not from Champagne region); Cava (Spanish) and Prosecco (Italian), to name a few.
Exactly the same mistake Shelby made, which annoys Zenda to no end. She only wants the best stuff.

DaFinker

Apr 24, 2024
Exactly the same mistake Shelby made, which annoys Zenda to no end. She only wants the best stuff.
I've had Cremonts and Proseccos better than some Champagnes, though my favorite sparkling IS a Champagne: Moet & Chandon Nectare Imperial. It is made in the original, traditional style which kept a little more of the sweetness, before some snob that didn't know better declared that "sweet is low brow - only 'brut' is SOPHISTICATED". These are the same people that open a bottle of sparkling and allow half of it to spew out because they don't know how to properly remove a cork, and prefer flutes so that they can get a show rather than actually enjoy the wine.

Reactions: indio68
4.50 star(s) 227 Votes