Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
That writer that wrote Val's path is truly a mastermind.
except the line of dialog with the MC talking about Val being an old hag after less than a year of marriage lmao. Felt so completely outta left field.

"while your wife remains beautiful... you can see that time is taking its toll"

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
except the line of dialog with the MC talking about Val being an old hag after less than a year of marriage lmao. Felt so completely outta left field.

Isn't Val 50 at that point? Not unreasonable that you might notice some signs of aging.

Reactions: Crazymic79

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Isn't Val 50 at that point? Not unreasonable that you might notice some signs of aging.
Sure, but maybe it's just me, I don't think the MC would be thinking that about his wife less than a year in to marriage. "I love this woman, but gawd damn she old AF and I can see the wrinkles!"

She's turning 50, not into a dried husk about to blow away as dust.

TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
Sure, but maybe it's just me, I don't think the MC would be thinking that about his wife less than a year in to marriage. "I love this woman, but gawd damn she old AF and I can see the wrinkles!"

She's turning 50, not into a dried husk about to blow away as dust.
People read it in different ways, I guess, I would never take it (certainly not in context) as "I love this woman, but gawd damn she old AF and I can see the wrinkles!" When I first saw it while playing that ending, I read it as she is getting older and she's not overly happy about it.

She is clearly conscious of her age at this point, or at least the age difference between her and both MC and little Shelby, and she looks tired too - probably not helped by running around after a toddler and still having an energetic sex life too! She didn't want to celebrate her birthday, she just wanted to ignore it, pretty much.

Also, just to throw another spanner in there, it's the narrator saying it, not MC - "your wife" as opposed to "my wife", so it's not (necessarily) saying "I think my wife looks old and wrinkly (but still beautiful)." Even then, the text literally still says she remains beautiful.

Justaphase

May 1, 2024

Especially when Valeria seems to age like a fine wine. MC is seriously punching with her IMO, she's the full package when the only thing the MC seems to have going for him is a big package.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
People read it in different ways, I guess, I would never take it (certainly not in context) as "I love this woman, but gawd damn she old AF and I can see the wrinkles!" When I first saw it while playing that ending, I read it as she is getting older and she's not overly happy about it.

She is clearly conscious of her age at this point, or at least the age difference between her and both MC and little Shelby, and she looks tired too - probably not helped by running around after a toddler and still having an energetic sex life too! She didn't want to celebrate her birthday, she just wanted to ignore it, pretty much.

Also, just to throw another spanner in there, it's the narrator saying it, not MC - "your wife" as opposed to "my wife", so it's not (necessarily) saying "I think my wife looks old and wrinkly (but still beautiful)." Even then, the text literally still says she remains beautiful.
sure, the context is the narrator saying it, but they're speaking in regards to the MC feeling these things. Granted, the MC feels that they're both "not getting any younger". It's still just a weird thing to put in there at that moment. Guess I just don't view being 50 as so old you'd even have to narrate "time is taking it's toll" lmao.

Pgsurprise

Nov 27, 2022
sure, the context is the narrator saying it, but they're speaking in regards to the MC feeling these things. Granted, the MC feels that they're both "not getting any younger". It's still just a weird thing to put in there at that moment. Guess I just don't view being 50 as so old you'd even have to narrate "time is taking it's toll" lmao.
Idk. The closer I get the more I feel like it is a valid point. Lol.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Trust me, most people are feeling their age in their 50s, regardless of how much effort they're putting into maintaining their appearance, health and fitness.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Is there a story behind the music? Seems excessive to have to remove all of it for Steam.
Perhaps the licensing of some songs is not permitted for a commercial product, and a new license would be needed, which would require some payment from the developer.
My understanding is this is essentially correct, and wanting to focus on their new game rather than spend the time and effort to find and replace 200+ songs.

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
My understanding is this is essentially correct, and wanting to focus on their new game rather than spend the time and effort to find and replace 200+ songs.
I only played the first chapter because I'm waiting to get the Steam version, but I didn't know it had so much music, incredible.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Is there a story behind the music? Seems excessive to have to remove all of it for Steam.
Perhaps the licensing of some songs is not permitted for a commercial product, and a new license would be needed, which would require some payment from the developer.
When this game (and many others of the time) was started, some of the large libraries that licensed music didn't have language restricting it from being used for adult material, but it also didn't have anything preventing older contracts from being overwritten by changes to the fine print (or, it did have the restrictions, but they were buried so deep that no-one realized it was there). Couple years ago it all came out when games with their music launching on Steam got delisted due to music copywrite infringement, and devs had to scramble to deal with the problem.

4.50 star(s) 238 Votes