Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
It's not so much worry, but curiosity that has me beg the question. Why would these mod creators make mods for the same game that does exactly the same thing.
Why invest the time in a mod doesn't add anything meaningfully different from the opposing mod.
it's not a competition, at least the decent mods don't take it that way. Some just like doing it for the community. And the players just benefit from more options.

DioVAnna

May 24, 2020
it's not a competition, at least the decent mods don't take it that way. Some just like doing it for the community. And the players just benefit from more options.
I know why they do it, it wasn't a philosophical question. I swear when it comes to mods, no one willing to compare or even criticize.
Not that I ask anyone to criticize these mod authors. I've seen their walkthrough mods for tons of games and they are all well made.
I just wanted a comparison, but that doesn't seem likely happen. So I did the leg work and it seems the Sancho1969 mod has more Features. The Joker Leader mod is for people who just want a walkthrough mod.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I know why they do it, it wasn't a philosophical question. I swear when it comes to mods, no one willing to compare or even criticize.
Not that I ask anyone to criticize these mod authors. I've seen their walkthrough mods for tons of games and they are all well made.
I just wanted a comparison, but that doesn't seem likely happen. So I did the leg work and it seems the Sancho1969 mod has more Features. The Joker Leader mod is for people who just want a walkthrough mod.
that's true, when looking at features Sancho's mods are pretty much unparalleled on the site, however he is MIA for quite a while now, so for games in active development it may be worth to look at other options. No one knows what happened or if he will be back :confused:

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
DioVAnna

Jokerleader's Mod is a pure Gallery Unlock and Highlight Choices Mod.
Sancho's Mod has more features like:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Both doing what they announce very well. But since Sancho's Mod goes deep into the Script of the orighinal Game, you'll have to wait for an update to continue playing, every time a new VN update drops.

Reactions: DioVAnna

DaFinker

Apr 24, 2024
DioVAnna

Jokerleader's Mod is a pure Gallery Unlock and Highlight Choices Mod.
Sancho's Mod has more features like:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Both doing what they announce very well. But since Sancho's Mod goes deep into the Script of the orighinal Game, you'll have to wait for an update to continue playing, every time a new VN update drops.
Sancho may no longer be a choice for unfinished VNs. He hasn't been seen since the end of June. He's either taking a long break or something may be wrong - he's in his mid 50s, which doesn't sound too old to me (I'm older by a couple of years it seems) but sometimes life bites you in the ass and puts you in the ground earlier than it should.

Hope he's fine and just taking a break, but it's unlike him to not be around. That, or he finally pissed off a mod and got the banhamer, which would also suck, but you know how things can be around here.

Reactions: DioVAnna

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Hope he's fine and just taking a break, but it's unlike him to not be around. That, or he finally pissed off a mod and got the banhamer, which would also suck, but you know how things can be around here.
Best case scenario at this point ...

Reactions: DaFinker

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
Sancho may no longer be a choice for unfinished VNs. He hasn't been seen since the end of June. He's either taking a long break or something may be wrong - he's in his mid 50s, which doesn't sound too old to me (I'm older by a couple of years it seems) but sometimes life bites you in the ass and puts you in the ground earlier than it should.

Sancho is going through problems in Texas due to a tornado; I don't remember in which topic he reported this.

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
Sancho is going through problems in Texas due to a tornado; I don't remember in which topic he reported this.
That was 7 weeks ago. I would have thought, he'd be able to get some sort of message out by now, if that's what the only issue was. I suspect something else has happened. Fingers crossed for the best for him and his loved ones.

DaFinker

Apr 24, 2024
That was 7 weeks ago. I would have thought, he'd be able to get some sort of message out by now, if that's what the only issue was. I suspect something else has happened. Fingers crossed for the best for him and his loved ones.
I couldn't find anything in his last several posts about a tornado, but I just scanned.

I got the impression from conversations with him he was more East Texas. The last tornadic storm I see from before the end of June was on June 2 in the Panhandle (probably 500 miles away at least); the next thing to hit Texas, shortly after his last communication here, was Hurricane Beryl on July 8-10. That went up through the Houston area and into East Texas and likely would have impacted him if that's where he is. My power was out for 8 days, internet 10, due to Beryl. I do know from dealing with internet problems since then that there are parts of the Harris County area still without internet, but that was as of a week ago and is supposed to be very limited. I got the impression he wasn't in Harris County, but up along 59 somewhere (US 69, now). Given my experience and that of others I know impacted by Beryl, I would think he'd be able to get online at least once in the last several weeks, which is the reason for the concern. Even if his home is unlivable, he'd be in a place where internet access, while maybe not great, would still be possible. Even if he isn't in a position to really work on this stuff right now, he should still have the ability to make contact if he's otherwise okay.

EDIT: His references to a tornado that was an actual thing was back in November, 2022 and he didn't get hit by one. He used a tornado as an analogy back in March when talking about rebuilding a mod from scratch, but nothing else.

Last edited:

angel2628

Jul 28, 2022
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 234, in script call
call _splashscreen from _call_splashscreen_1
File "game/script.rpy", line 5, in script
$ renpy.movie_cutscene('Alterworld_2_2.webm')
File "game/script.rpy", line 5, in <module>
NameError: global name 'name' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 617, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 5, in <module>
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1583, in movie_cutscene
roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3897, in interact_core
renpy.display.behavior.skipping(ev)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 272, in skipping
if map_keyup(ev, "skip") or map_event(ev, "stop_skipping"):
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 242, in map_keyup
if (name in ev.eventnames) and ev.up:
NameError: global name 'name' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.3.1414
Bare Witness 0.5
Thu Aug 15 19:32:51 2024

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

… cut for brevity …

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.3.1414
Bare Witness 0.5
Thu Aug 15 19:32:51 2024
I don't know the cause of this, but I can say that 0.5 is not the current version. Current versions are 1.01 (Itch/Patreon) and 1.1.5s on Steam. Perhaps you'll have better luck with an upgraded release.

Jan 17, 2021
So didn't this version drop several months ago? But didn't I see it pop back up in the feeds on this site like just a week or so ago? If yes, what got changed/added? Because it seems like the exact same

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
So didn't this version drop several months ago? But didn't I see it pop back up in the feeds on this site like just a week or so ago? If yes, what got changed/added? Because it seems like the exact same
It never popped back up on the latest updates page...

Rdy2Rok

Sep 17, 2020
What is the middle poster in Athena's room? There's come home, on the left and Mythos on the right but whats the middle one?

4.50 star(s) 238 Votes