Hfap5

Oct 13, 2023
I finished the game, and it was a good game, a good ending, a good harem, pretty girls, everything was good 10/10.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Now I am confused! What's the difference between two versions really??
Steam version has all the "troublesome" bits removed ... things like potentially problematic music and story themes. Yes, there are less typos and bugs, but there were already few bugs and the typos (at least the ones I saw) aren't really that egregious.

Basically, the Patreon version is the version the devs like more, 'cause it's closer to their vision of the game. I haven't played the steam version yet, although I will someday, but I imagine the devs see the missing pieces there and cringe.

That said, you may not notice it at all when you play, but the devs just wanted to make sure their "pure" vision was here, since there was going to be a version of the game here regardless.

Reactions: NewSeal

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
It looks like I misunderstood what the Dev was saying. :( Trust what Maviarab & Elhemeer are saying. I always do. :)
I think it's fair to say that Slockie is more impassioned about the differences because he did all the art and music in the initial version. Storm is somewhat less sussed about it because there are no meaningful script differences between the Patreon and Steam versions.

As for bug fixes, there are a couple of rare path bugs that make specific endings unreachable in the Patreon version. These have been fixed in Steam's 1.1.6s release.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
No offense to Slockie, but I found some of the Steam music better. Less vocals, that I sometimes find distracting, and I'm definitely not a fan of Lexi. ;)
There were a few Steam scenes that had no music at all, but other than that, I greatly enjoyed the Steam audio. Neither version has erotic sounds in the lewd scenes, that would make it measurably better. :devilish:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Slockie

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
View attachment 3956302
Tag harem, you will search 369 pages to find your answer that's why someone asks to know and it doesn't have a harem this game was a hoax, I'm not complaining but a harem ending would have been nice
Per the official site tag rules and definitions found here:

• Harem [1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.]
BW completely qualifies for the "harem" tag under this definition on two different paths since there's both a quad and quint ending.

Now, I personally think a "polyamory" tag would be better, but that's not a tag here (yet), so "harem" is the best we have.

You may misunderstand the sentiment. It isn't that the relationships don't revolve around MC -- they do -- just that Heidi is the instigator.

Definitely this. I will say that for the largest poly group in particular, while MC is still the largest focal point, there is quite a lot of shown and implied interest between the girls as well (which is a good thing, imo).

Last edited:

David.Deleon

Feb 20, 2024
Does anyone happen to know if Joker's Mod still works or if needs to be updated to carry over changes? Thank you for any info. I've read through the multi-mod thread and that one seemingly does need to be updated as well and I see with other games Joker has been quite rapidly pushing out updates on his mods but this one was skipped over.

Pgabriel23

May 7, 2019
tbh it feels nothing happens in this game also i as with Heidi, Athena,and Sadie yet the game ignores the first 2 and gives sadie ending without any explanation about the others maybe a bug

DaFinker

Apr 24, 2024
tbh it feels nothing happens in this game also i as with Heidi, Athena,and Sadie yet the game ignores the first 2 and gives sadie ending without any explanation about the others maybe a bug
If you didn't get solo endings for every LI, it isn't a bug: you did it wrong. There are solos for all, and if I remember right, three throuples, a quad, a quint and a "you done fucked up and died sad and alone".

Last edited:

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
If you're playing the Patreon version and not the Steam version, there is also a potential bug with those 3 under very specific circumstances involving the Halloween party that can result in an unexpected Heidi solo or Sadie solo ending.

Essentially, if you're on a path with both Heidi and Athena (including HAM and MASH), you shouldn't see Sadie at the Halloween party at all. If she's there, you might have encountered the bug.

This was discovered and fixed in the Steam version.

Reactions: Pgabriel23

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
Aaaaaaand speaking of the Steam version, we released v1.1.7s to address a path bug that could see the game looping from post-game end credits back to chapter 4 under certain conditions.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Been out of the loop for a while, do we have a release window for Heaven's Door yet or is it too early in development?
There's a very tentative release window of mid-November that was shared in the August 17th Patreon update .

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Is the steam build same version as the other link - or is the steam build "more"?
the steam one is worse, doesn't have the original music in it iirc, otherwise they are the same
The Steam version has a mostly different soundtrack, but apparently a lot of people like it.

It also has quite a few more bug fixes that aren't in the Patreon version.

4.50 star(s) 238 Votes