Ren'Py Bastian's Family Secret [v0.02.0] [BOXgurih]

3.00 star(s) 25 Votes

Munchking

Oct 19, 2017
As long as the dev changes some plot points of the original webnovel and allows players build harem and actually get it on, it could be good. Considering in the original novel people think holding hands is a big thing, i doubt following it to a letter would work. :p
Well, a big thing for the 'main cast'. The wife/ex-wife whatever has a friend who twenty chapters in or so is on her fourth affair partner. When the wife complains that it's the modern day and MC should understand how these things are her friend basically says the secret is not to let them find out. Idiot.

I love the localized version because it supposedly takes place in Orlando, Florida but everyone is worrying about face and a bunch of other Korean tropes. "I would have trained Jordan to kneel before me in no time if he has been my husband! He would have washed my feet every night!" Really, would he? Word?

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Well, a big thing for the 'main cast'. The wife/ex-wife whatever has a friend who twenty chapters in or so is on her fourth affair partner. When the wife complains that it's the modern day and MC should understand how these things are her friend basically says the secret is not to let them find out. Idiot.

I love the localized version because it supposedly takes place in Orlando, Florida but everyone is worrying about face and a bunch of other Korean tropes. "I would have trained Jordan to kneel before me in no time if he has been my husband! He would have washed my feet every night!" Really, would he? Word?
Yeah, it's full of tropes from Chinese and Korean shows and comics.

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Just read WAYYYY to much of the webnovel. Looking at the version I found it has over 900 chapters. It seriously has an Asian vibe laid over a veneer of US life which makes absolutely no sense. At time I actually wondered if the thing was written by a bot which had just been fed a bunch of tropes, place names and names of famous or rich people.

• Haha
Reactions: Sasarko99

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Just read WAYYYY to much of the webnovel. Looking at the version I found it has over 900 chapters. It seriously has an Asian vibe laid over a veneer of US life which makes absolutely no sense. At time I actually wondered if the thing was written by a bot which had just been fed a bunch of tropes, place names and names of famous or rich people.
It's been hilariously bad, there's bunch of either translation or editor errors, like wrong names at times, wrong genders etc... It's so bad in a right way that it's actually fun to read. :p

Not to mention the obvious Chinese&Korean tropes that have been imposed on western society :D

Reactions: dbp5ca

gkdlalstnek

Oct 4, 2021
Isn't it so pathetic that the main character has devoted himself for three years and getting it back is bad treatment and ntr? It would have been nice if the game genre was revenge

Reactions: Teddy 369

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Well not to spoil it for those who don't want to see possible future paths (depending on how close to the webnovel he follows) but the storyline is basically:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:)

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I mean, now the game is a kinetic novel... with NTR and a development that doesn't look promising. I think it's well earned to go to the corner of ignored games.

Munchking

Oct 19, 2017
Not to mention the obvious Chinese&Korean tropes that have been imposed on western society :D
In a way it's kinda nostalgic. Makes me remember the early days of Pokemon dubs and Brock busting out 'donuts', which were obviously rice balls.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I'm not passionate about revenge, at least the one with a sexual component. But forgiving the wife is something that isn't going to happen, at least if the dev gives us the option to avoid it. Personally I prefer that the revenge consists of the wife seeing how the MC builds his harem with which he happily shares his life of luxury while she has a miserable life because the MC has destroyed everything that matters to her and has abandoned her after a divorce in the one she hasn't even gotten money for candy.
I agree as well. Though, I don't know how the Dev will manage this. This literally does look like a rip off of another work. I'll never understand the desire to plagiarize, but I'll just let it slip for now. If they can make it original, maybe it'll be worth something. I'll ignore their first game cause if I didn't, I'd say there would no hope in my eyes. So yeah, let's stay positive...

Reactions: BlasKyau

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Well not to spoil it for those who don't want to see possible future paths (depending on how close to the webnovel he follows) but the storyline is basically:
:)
Interestingly, by the late 700 chapters

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Sorry to bomb this thread with comments about what appears to be the source material but I'm almost at the end of the posted content I can find. Just wanted to post a quote that pretty accurately describes the dissonance within the main protagonist in the novel: Men were still very selfish. They could fool around outside, but could not accept their wives doing the same. As for Jordan, he was not a scumbag. Those few times he slept with other women, he had no choice!

And on that note, back to your regular programming :)

• Red Heart
Mar 17, 2020
If the author got his inspiration from the source I think he got it, we're in for an amazing game...can't wait for more updates

3.00 star(s) 25 Votes