VN Ren'Py Completed Battle of the Bulges [v1.0] [EpicLust]

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes

Trung1412

Nov 23, 2017
There is an update for day 8 here. I don't know why the update never made it to the OP. That still points to an older version.
Thanks I use this walkthrough before...But now I know the tip is attention to Pts (change choice to get) and just SAVE N LOAD (a lot) if you didn't get event or get message about Jose.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Armthealarm

Dec 1, 2017
Congrats on a finished product, particularly in a space where there can be so much drama on that topic.

First thing that stood out for me with this game was the artstyle, and what hooked me into giving it a try was having an active rival competing with you for girls and firing shots every time he wins one over you. It drives a competitive streak that really increased my enjoyment of the game.

Played through twice, firstly with the intention of bagging all the MILFs. First run was blind, so missed a couple things and messed up in particular with Teagan/Maria. Jose started out slow, but then came out swinging in the last 2-3 days. Stung in particular when I got a text with Anna - by far my fave visual design (something about that tiny waist, oversized tits and short blonde hair gets me going) and goddamn it I was ONE lust point away!

I ended up losing 7-5 to Jose. I'm not bothered by NTR so I found the ending quite tongue-in-cheek and suitably motivating to hop back in and whoop Jose's ass. With the help of the walkthrough, I wrapped things up 10-3.

Was disappointed in that second run that Jose kind of...didn't really do much. As mentioned, my favourite part of this game is battling with your rival. Each text, especially when it was a girl I was actually interested in/actively working on, got me more engaged and invested in the competition. It would be cool to see a 'Hard' mode where Jose's activity is noticeably bumped up, or perhaps a three way contest between you, him and Max.

All in all, congrats once again and I enjoyed my time with the game. Props to the dev and best of luck with future projects.

Ginyu6789

Apr 9, 2018
Congrats on a finished product, particularly in a space where there can be so much drama on that topic.

First thing that stood out for me with this game was the artstyle, and what hooked me into giving it a try was having an active rival competing with you for girls and firing shots every time he wins one over you. It drives a competitive streak that really increased my enjoyment of the game.

Played through twice, firstly with the intention of bagging all the MILFs. First run was blind, so missed a couple things and messed up in particular with Teagan/Maria. Jose started out slow, but then came out swinging in the last 2-3 days. Stung in particular when I got a text with Anna - by far my fave visual design (something about that tiny waist, oversized tits and short blonde hair gets me going) and goddamn it I was ONE lust point away!

I ended up losing 7-5 to Jose. I'm not bothered by NTR so I found the ending quite tongue-in-cheek and suitably motivating to hop back in and whoop Jose's ass. With the help of the walkthrough, I wrapped things up 10-3.

Was disappointed in that second run that Jose kind of...didn't really do much. As mentioned, my favourite part of this game is battling with your rival. Each text, especially when it was a girl I was actually interested in/actively working on, got me more engaged and invested in the competition. It would be cool to see a 'Hard' mode where Jose's activity is noticeably bumped up, or perhaps a three way contest between you, him and Max.

All in all, congrats once again and I enjoyed my time with the game. Props to the dev and best of luck with future projects.
so i heard you can just scroll back if jose sends a text and he wont win that girl if you do any confirmation?

Trung1412

Nov 23, 2017
Reactions: Lees91
Feb 20, 2018
so scroll back then save? or do you need a save premade for it to work
If you see a message where Jose steals a girl, scroll back (just a single frame will suffice). Then immediately save the game. Reload the game at the new save you've made and click the left mouse button. Two things might happen:1) Jose steals a different girl or 2) He doesn't steal any girl. You obviously need to keep reloading the game until option number 2 happens.

Reactions: EpicLust

onenf

Aug 26, 2016
EpicLust
Well done on completing this game. Great scenes and entertaining story. Everything has improved dramatically from Morning Lust.

I used a walkthrough and got most of the scenes but there were some that were missed. Since there is a RNG element, I don't mind that much but I think it would be helpful to players if achievements and scenes can come with hints so you can pursue them if you wanted to.

Also, I found the use of pause() a bit excessive.
For example, making the player wait 16 seconds before the next picture starts just makes me bored:
renpy.pause(16.0, hard=True)
If they were all 1-2 seconds, I don't think that would be as frustrating.

I look forward to Apocalypse when that is finished and I hope some of the gameplay elements become more player friendly.

Reactions: EpicLust

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
EpicLust
Well done on completing this game. Great scenes and entertaining story. Everything has improved dramatically from Morning Lust.

I used a walkthrough and got most of the scenes but there were some that were missed. Since there is a RNG element, I don't mind that much but I think it would be helpful to players if achievements and scenes can come with hints so you can pursue them if you wanted to.

Also, I found the use of pause() a bit excessive.
For example, making the player wait 16 seconds before the next picture starts just makes me bored:
renpy.pause(16.0, hard=True)
If they were all 1-2 seconds, I don't think that would be as frustrating.

I look forward to Apocalypse when that is finished and I hope some of the gameplay elements become more player friendly.
I think that very long pause might have been in a sex scene with Nancy perhaps? There was supposed to be a sound to go with it, but I had to remove it because of what was being said... It's there in the patch version but I clearly forgot to reduce the pause time for the official version in that particular instance you encountered, but I guess you know how to reduce it manually.
I think you'll find Apocalypse is much more player-friendly and there is already tons of content in it, so you should give it a try or you'll be waiting a long time before playing it!

Reactions: Hakkira

oona

Jun 20, 2017
I'm having an end of day 7 crash that I can't get around. Soon as stats pop up when I go to sleep it crashes. Here's the specifics of what I'm getting. Apologies if this has already been a resolved issue, but I looked through the thread and didn't see anything.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'Icons/credits.png'>:
  File "game/script07.rpy", line 17746, in script
    $ renpy.pause(10.0, hard=True)
  File "game/script07.rpy", line 17746, in <module>
    $ renpy.pause(10.0, hard=True)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'Icons/credits.png'.

Hakkira

Donor
Jul 15, 2017
Now that BotB V0.7 is public I can publish a path for it. See attached picture for result at the end of day 7. It gets 20 girls and 236 points. Left for day 8 are Pamela and Viviane, who are both sure to appear at the swim contestt. And Chiyo and Francine both need their last point. Actually you can do either of them with the published path if you are prepared to miss the muscleman achievement. I also update all the tables in tab 1 of the xls for day 7. The list of achievements may be a bit stale as Tim has revised that for V0.7.1
View attachment 578650
Followed this guide with the help of https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/03/592925_Battle_of_Bulges_Walkthrough.pdf of this for the choices and on day 3 at 14:00 I got a fail on Maria after taking the shower? I literally followed everything but perhaps some things have changed in v1.0? Is it impossible to get all the girls without cheating or using the mod?

Edit: Nevermind found that Epiclust had answered it in a post ages ago :sneaky:

Last edited:

Hakkira

Donor
Jul 15, 2017
With the use of zapalbugs WT I have made a more readable WT. Hopefully it is all correct to get all girls. There are only 19 achievements this WT.
Thanks this is more clear but I did all that your guide said and still lost Maria so I am guessing those sets of 3 Jose points are assigned randomly each time so does reloading and trying again work?

Edit: Nevermind found that Epiclust had answered it in a post ages ago :sneaky:

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 127 Votes