3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
OK time for colorful Rorschach test.

815787_814491_9.png

A shoe rubbing her vanilla spot?

But why is shoe upside down :unsure: Is that even a shoe ?

Unless the shoe was thrown at her...

Did I pass BaronVampson ?

At any rate jokes aside, good luck with this one. ;)

Reactions: Gojii

ara1111

Apr 6, 2019
I feel like this is the third iteration of the same game. Yet it still runs bad. And constantly spams patreon messages for nearly anything you can do, despite being from a dev who didn't finish the version before this, or, I think, the version before that. Not exactly someone I'd rush to throw money at.

joetheflower

Apr 3, 2018
I feel like this is the third iteration of the same game. Yet it still runs bad. And constantly spams patreon messages for nearly anything you can do, despite being from a dev who didn't finish the version before this, or, I think, the version before that. Not exactly someone I'd rush to throw money at.
yeah rpgm games always run bad when you put a bunch of custom assets and animation in them. basically if you see a rpgm maker game that's over a gigabyte, wait till someone puts out a compressed version.

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
Honestly, that's a fair initial assessment to make. When I first undertook this project I never anticipated how much work would go into it since I'm largely self taught with google and a few forums and guru's as my guide. It's also very ambitious, as am I, in every area I can manage.

I wanted to ensure this did not feel like any RPGMAKER game that ever came before it, since I'd been somewhat tired of the same old formula before I'd even got started.

In the first iteration all the graphics were 3D and made with an external source, but because I wanted to be more self reliant I shipped that out, despite the knowledge that it would've probably been the much easier option to follow, I didn't want to have to rely on that external source to make up for the skills I thought I lacked. Over time, I taught myself how to draw and animate and attempt to incorporate that into the RPGMAKER MV engine. This took a lot of time for me, and I never wanted to release something that to me felt unfinished/lacking. For a long time I was my *own* worst critic, and now after all this time I feel/hope I'm ready for someone else to take my place :LOL:

The 2nd iteration was better in ways, but still unfinished.. The art was definitely lacking, and you would not believe the amount of corners I had to cut to even get this game to work the way it does now. As to performance, I am willing to try to get someone to look at it who is more versed in RPGMAKER than I (that was what I had been hoping for a long time) but as it is, as far as I'm aware, I've optimised it almost as much as I can whilst still maintaining the original visual style/gameplay etc.

If you're still having performance problems, I recommend having NO WEB BROWSERS running in the background and to always keep an eye on task manager. You're going to need at least 1 GB of RAM free to even run it, you'd be surprised by how much memory this thing eats up.. I'm sorry, I tried to streamline it as much as I could but I'm no expert..

I've looked at porting everything over to unity in the past, but at this point, I would need at least a small team to make that even feasible without taking perhaps 1-3 years, which is just not currently feasible in my eyes.

And constantly spams patreon messages for nearly anything you can do
Sorry to be pedantic but could you possibly provide some examples? I didn't want to be excessive with it, but at the same time I wanted to make sure that content locked was because of Patreon and not because it was unfinished or whathaveyou.

despite being from a dev who didn't finish the version before this, or, I think, the version before that.
In no sense did I "Not finish" them from my understanding, they're both past iterations of this work that have been amalgamated into this. This is the apex end route of the two, in my eyes. Since everything was more or less revamped both times over I wanted to start a new thread to reflect that. It's never my initial intention to go dark for around a year, but I keep undertaking new methods and ideas and once you get on that route it can be hard to get out of that place. Only now does it really feel like I'm living for the present and not the future.. It's quite refreshing, but also a little scary.

I hope that answered your questions a little, to summarize I think that most of how the game itself runs is mostly engine-side and out of my control somewhat but I can have a look at the patreon spam myself and see if I think it's excessive or not.

yeah rpgm games always run bad when you put a bunch of custom assets and animation in them. basically if you see a rpgm maker game that's over a gigabyte, wait till someone puts out a compressed version.
Essentially this.. Also, compressed version? If I knew how to do it, maybe I could do that myself

Dremo

Jul 4, 2017
Dude, you remade Futagladea twice on top of "updates" and abandoned it twice. It isn't really encouraging to support you when you are more likely to abandon the project and begin the same one once again than actually putting some work on it.

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
Dude, you remade Futagladea twice on top of "updates" and abandoned it twice. It isn't really encouraging to support you when you are more likely to abandon the project and begin the same one once again than actually putting some work on it.
For the most part, I merely worked on it outside of the public scope because I wanted to rethink my ideas/approach and come up with the best possible solutions independently at first, and then bounce those ideas off of others and get feedback when I wanted to release. Honestly, myself I wouldn't even consider it abandonment in the first place since this is the apex path of both projects, I never considered any part of this "Abandoned" by me except for the artsyles and ideas I discarded/had to discard.
more likely to abandon the project and begin the same one once again than actually putting some work on it.
I would be doing this at a total loss to myself, I have literally no reason to do this now AFAIK unless everything mysteriously breaks and I have to spend the next god-knows-how-long fixing it. The only thing I can think of would be the migration to Unity, but I would need at least a small team to be able to do that and be time efficient. I would much prefer that those two times would be the last I would ever need to fly under the radar again.

The current version feels, at least, playable in my eyes. I might add options to speed up the combat a bit so as to make it less time consuming to finish a single battle, but things like that should/can be done quickly now that I've set up the necessary framework which was always my initial intention to do.

joetheflower

Apr 3, 2018
Essentially this.. Also, compressed version? If I knew how to do it, maybe I could do that myself
well in my experience, reducing the amount of frame you have in an animation usually works wonders! a low frame animation can look really good after you fiddle with the speed of how fast the frames shows. try out 9 frames, mess with the speed abit, and see how you like it. also replacing videos with sprite animation can make the game run smother as well

spblu

Aug 28, 2017
Wow, I'm a fan of humongous titties and thiccness in general but I'm not sure whether to laugh, fap, or scream in terror based on the screens.

Maybe all three at once?

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
the game crashes pretty much everytime a cumshot happens so i cant get past fights
Can you provide a screencap of this occuring whenever it does? Just so that I know what is causing the crash.. Usually it comes up with an error message of some kind, I need to know what that message contains in order to try to fix the issue.
well in my experience, reducing the amount of frame you have in an animation usually works wonders! a low frame animation can look really good after you fiddle with the speed of how fast the frames shows. try out 9 frames, mess with the speed abit, and see how you like it. also replacing videos with sprite animation can make the game run smother as well
You're right, I tried changing as little as I possibly could to get around this, I think the fact that the spritesheets are much larger than RPGMAKER is specifically tailored for doesn't help, they're roughly 4k pixels x 4k pixels each, I would've loved it if character animation wasn't dependent on a spritesheet but unfortunately this is not the case. I tried to limit as many on screen animations in battle as I could in spite of this since originally I think only the player characters were intended to be animated and I had to use plugins in order to get it to work as originally intended.
also replacing videos with sprite animation can make the game run smother as well
I don't know about anyone else but for me the videos actually ran smoothest, but maybe it's just because of the black background etc, there's less to render than there normally would be on the screen.
Wow, I'm a fan of humongous titties and thiccness in general but I'm not sure whether to laugh, fap, or scream in terror based on the screens.

Maybe all three at once?
I recommend at least giving it a try, those screens were somewhat grabbed on the fly whilst I was going through making sure everything was in order. If you don't like it at least then you know lol maybe you'll even do all three at once who knows :LOL:

spblu

Aug 28, 2017
Yeah I'm not meaning to rag on you, just being a little cheeky. To each their own, everyone's got their own taste. I am definitely a fan of anything with "battle fuck" mechanics so it's got that going for it. (y)

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
Yeah I'm not meaning to rag on you, just being a little cheeky. To each their own, everyone's got their own taste. I am definitely a fan of anything with "battle fuck" mechanics so it's got that going for it. (y)

_Dhoko_

Oct 14, 2017
Is there any possibility of translation into Spanish even if it is bad? Although I understand something, English costs me a lot and if later on it has many things that need to be understood, I will not be able to follow it ...
sorry for the trouble

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
Is there any possibility of translation into Spanish even if it is bad? Although I understand something, English costs me a lot and if later on it has many things that need to be understood, I will not be able to follow it ...
sorry for the trouble
If someone wants to do a Spanish translation somepoint then I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I have no intention of doing so myself at the moment.. I'd have to learn Spanish too unless you're okay with google translate!

what is the sex of the player char
Female with Futa options for the time being. At this current time, all characters in the game are female.

joetheflower

Apr 3, 2018
actually now that i got some time to play it a bit more, most of the lag comes from the battles. which makes me think you just have to many animated characters on screen at once. i go a full 30 seconds without being able to input anything sometimes. not that its completely lag free out side of battle but it is way better.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes