3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Flam3r

Nov 30, 2018
I must be the only one but it is lagging horrendously during the battles as i try to scroll, chose an attack and an enemy, not sure if its optimised or not but damn its a pain

Nov 13, 2017
error.png
Plenty of this all over. Story or otherwise

Also does main story end after the second battle? Talking with everyone just gives dialog, or a crash in the case of the green/blonde npc

EDIT:

All of my lag issues were fixed by extracting the RAR instead of just running it straight out of the box! My bad
Pictures still fail to load very frequently
I checked the folder for the image it is seeking but I often see the game call for a filename of an existing image but it is preceded by the level of the character which I suspect shouldn't be there
While I was in there I also noticed you have 20,717 images. In a DEMO. There's a LOT of redundant files. Instead of calling for a unique filename, i.e. "BanditAnalDickCumshot" or "BanditFutaAnalDickCumshot", you could have a common file called for all identical animations like "GenericDickAnalLight" or whatever, instead of having an identical file copy for each animation but with a different name. And like that other user mentioned, you have a high number of animation frames. Maybe trial fewer frames? That should all reduce file size greatly and doubly so if you add a compressed version of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wulfex and Ricther

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
I must be the only one but it is lagging horrendously during the battles as i try to scroll, chose an attack and an enemy, not sure if its optimised or not but damn its a pain
You're not the only one unfortunately.. Performance issues are happening my end too now that the initial building phase is over, I'm working through performance issues (and battle speeds) today.. New version out anyway, check the front page, should fix a few issues people are having.
View attachment 803627
Plenty of this all over. Story or otherwise

Also does main story end after the second battle? Talking with everyone just gives dialog, or a crash in the case of the green/blonde npc

EDIT:

All of my lag issues were fixed by extracting the RAR instead of just running it straight out of the box! My bad
Pictures still fail to load very frequently
I checked the folder for the image it is seeking but I often see the game call for a filename of an existing image but it is preceded by the level of the character which I suspect shouldn't be there
While I was in there I also noticed you have 20,717 images. In a DEMO. There's a LOT of redundant files. Instead of calling for a unique filename, i.e. "BanditAnalDickCumshot" or "BanditFutaAnalDickCumshot", you could have a common file called for all identical animations like "GenericDickAnalLight" or whatever, instead of having an identical file copy for each animation but with a different name. And like that other user mentioned, you have a high number of animation frames. Maybe trial fewer frames? That should all reduce file size greatly and doubly so if you add a compressed version of the game.
Download the newest version (0.3.19b) and see if that works. If people download old versions they will definitely run into progression issues/much more bugs.

As for the files, I've considered a few possibilities going forward, I always wanted to do some form of color coding system, but for the time being I did it in bulk which, although incredibly size inefficient is far more expedient to do. It would also be difficult to do in RPGMAKER because of how the engine does these things etc. At some point in the near future I'll touch upon this, but for the time being this is just gonna be one of those things that EATS up space.

The thing that takes up the most animation frames is the Cumshot animations.. I can look into having less frames at some point too, but for now my main focus is on gameplay, so long as the sex scenes function properly and don't lag the game TOO much (which shouldn't be as much of an issue, the main thing that seems to bottleneck FPS is on screen animations ON the characters in battle mode, interestingly..) then I'll always prioritize fixing broken stuff first

Wulfex

Oct 31, 2017
Just wondering how much story cause i get stuck after the second fight with no one to talk to, to advance.

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
Just wondering how much story cause i get stuck after the second fight with no one to talk to, to advance.
Have you downloaded the latest version? I've been doing most of my testing in Dungeon Mode to be fair, so I'll have a look at story mode in a second.

Reactions: Wulfex

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018

CHANGELOG
With the new update there was a plethora of bugs in the story mode, which I apologise for, this was an oversight made by me.
>There was a progression bug with a missing NPC at the start of story mode, I wrongly assumed that this was spawning in when it actually wasn't..
As irritating as this was to find (and probably play through for all players!) it has now been fixed. Yes; the demo wasn't meant to be THAT short.
Hopefully now you can enjoy it as it was meant to be played, I do apologise for that!

>Fixed Cumshot Transformation at the start of story mode
>Enemies should now use Jizz strike more often, expect a difficulty spike!
>Fixed issues battlespeed was having with Enemy Lust
>Fixed Battlespeed storymode application

Last edited:
Reactions: Wulfex

Caedyn

Dec 26, 2017
The solution is simple really, just dont have different colored animations for every character. They are all the same scene anyway so just make one set of generic ones. The reason the game is crashing so much is probably because youre asking the engine to search through 20k images nonstop.

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
The solution is simple really, just dont have different colored animations for every character. They are all the same scene anyway so just make one set of generic ones.
I'd rather not go down this route, it feels lazy, too unpersonalised.. If it affected performance that much I might take a gander, but honestly the game precaches all these images beforehand anyway (thanks to a plugin script) and I think it's more related to performance of an individuals pc/memory usage than anything else.. I can keep stress testing it, but it's consistent with what I've seen/experienced thus far on my end. All performance issues for me seem to be coming from ingame animations on the battle screen, a folder full of images isn't ideal but I don't think it's THAT unusual in a game that uses picture based animations anyway.

If the engine can find the files in a decent amount of time it's never a problem unless frames start skipping in the game window, IIRC they are always precached/preloaded beforehand by a plugin script. There is also always a chance of this happening anyway, it's possible for performance to bottleneck and thus a crash can occur. Always check what the error message says too, if there is one. I've played other RPGMaker engine games which have animations done frame by frame too and the same thing can happen there even if none of the files are actually missing.
The reason the game is crashing so much is probably because youre asking the engine to search through 20k images nonstop.
Do the crashes occur whilst ingame and not just in the battles/cum animation scenes? If your pc has less than 8gb RAM you're most likely going to run into problems I think.. I can work on possible solutions for lower end PCs but I am going to be limited by the engine's capabilities regardless.

Sanzar

May 6, 2017
Crashes on sex with goblins and when talking to the guard captain.
And also on Dungeon Mode close-up.

Last edited:

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
Crashes on sex with goblins and when talking to the guard captain.
And also on Dungeon Mode close-up.
Download this version if you're on an old version (probably 0.3.0.19 or lower), if you're on the latest version however then I'll get to fixing it..

I have a hotfix for the middle problem, that seems to be carried over from the older versions.. For the other two, I can't find a conceivable way that the 1st and 3rd error messages could occur on the latest version.
- hotfix (Download this into your data folder and replace files)

Last edited:

Sanzar

May 6, 2017
Download this version Mega if you're on an old version (probably 0.3.0.19 or lower), if you're on the latest version however then I'll get to fixing it..

I have a hotfix for the middle problem, that seems to be carried over from the older versions.. For the other two, I can't find a conceivable way that the 1st and 3rd error messages could occur on the latest version.
Mega - hotfix (Download this into your data folder and replace files)
*In 1st and 3rd pics*
Try using Close Up during combat on party member having sex with goblin (or any other generic enemy).
It seems that game is trying to use specific enemy pictures (like Goblin something-something Lvl 1) instead of generic enemy pics.

Last edited:

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
I can't tell if it's the color scheme, or the stance, but those sprites in the screenshots are giving me a heavy Venture Seas vibe. Did you make your sprite template from scratch?

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
I can't tell if it's the color scheme, or the stance, but those sprites in the screenshots are giving me a heavy Venture Seas vibe. Did you make your sprite template from scratch?
I actually drew heavy influence from Pabishhu's work honestly, I thought it would work the best with the way I wanted to animate individual limbs/characters etc. I obviously took some liberties with it, but I wanted my work to be influenced by it not let it influence my work. I've played Venture Seas but I could never get into it. The artwork is a little hit/miss for me, If I based anything too strong on Venture Seas it was probably unintentional, I'm sorry.
Am I the only one that the first battle the animations go very slow?
It can get very choppy, I'm making a list of things that will most likely next require my attention and the attack animations slowing down battles is near the top of that list.

• Red Heart
Reactions: raziel121z

raziel121z

Apr 2, 2018
I actually drew heavy influence from Pabishhu's work honestly, I thought it would work the best with the way I wanted to animate individual limbs/characters etc. I obviously took some liberties with it, but I wanted my work to be influenced by it not let it influence my work. I've played Venture Seas but I could never get into it. The artwork is a little hit/miss for me, If I based anything too strong on Venture Seas it was probably unintentional, I'm sorry.

It can get very choppy, I'm making a list of things that will most likely next require my attention and the attack animations slowing down battles is near the top of that list.
so is normal that happend in the moment i though that my pc is too shit to play it :V

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
so is normal that happend in the moment i though that my pc is too shit to play it :V
Tell me your specs, but if you're running it under 8GB Ram you're probably going to run into some issues. I'm gonna make some lowspec attachments soon.. Also yes, performance bottlenecking is an issue at the moment.. I might have to just scrap battle animations (barring character movements) altogether, but for now I would suggest making sure you don't have too many windows open in the background; you would be surprised by how much RPGMAKER can be slowed down by background processes.

raziel121z

Apr 2, 2018
Tell me your specs, but if you're running it under 8GB Ram you're probably going to run into some issues. I'm gonna make some lowspec attachments soon.. Also yes, performance bottlenecking is an issue at the moment.. I might have to just scrap battle animations (barring character movements) altogether, but for now I would suggest making sure you don't have too many windows open in the background; you would be surprised by how much RPGMAKER can be slowed down by background processes.
1599506018203.png
the windows xp interface i have it because some things goes better in that interface, well a least to me :3 but my pc is ok?

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
View attachment 805973
the windows xp interface i have it because some things goes better in that interface, well a least to me :3 but my pc is ok?
Honestly these are probably the minimum specs for most RPGMAKER MV games, if you can run those fine then I imagine the performance could be battle side but regardless your specs won't be helping matters 4GB is slow by todays standards

• Thinking Face

raziel121z

Apr 2, 2018
Honestly these are probably the minimum specs for most RPGMAKER MV games, if you can run those fine then I imagine the performance could be battle side but regardless your specs won't be helping matters 4GB is slow by todays standards
actually i even dont undertand how my pc can run My new life Revamp, A struggle with sin etc so yes my pc weird :VV

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
actually i even dont undertand how my pc can run My new life Revamp, A struggle with sin etc so yes my pc weird :VV
Could just be decent management of background processes. Performance issues is definitely happening on battle side though, I've got 4x as much memory as you and sometimes even my game locks/freezes up mid battle.

• Wow
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes