luccel

Jan 30, 2021
So Aedirn themselves were either happy with, or released themselves, the final completed version v1.2?

Asking for someone who might want to do a Ren'Py remix/remake.

(Me. I want to do that)
ya as far as i know the game was finished he posted it and he moved on to working on the hidden end

Reactions: michaelcros

Akra-Shibe

Apr 1, 2021
So Aedirn themselves were either happy with, or released themselves, the final completed version v1.2?

(Me. I want to do that)
Hello
I admit that I would be really interested to see a renpy remake, especially since it could allow someone to finish the Netorase version which was started in 1.2.5 *_* However, I'm terrible at creating games so even if I would really like it, I can't do anything to make it exist.

orcoboia2

Apr 22, 2021
Quick question: how does the choice between attempting to satisfy the wife or giving up affect things? And after that, staying quiet in front of the events (when given the choice) affect things?

snowman97

Oct 5, 2019
Try to make all events in sequence because you need the variable Corruption for unlock a lot of events...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I followed the walkthrough and agreed to anything offered on the way. Giving some guy in the bar a BJ basically right at the start doesn't feel right to me, the photoshoot after was much more tame. Should I not agree to everything right away? I want to play the game in the right order so that the corruption feels believable

maiie

Apr 10, 2020
I followed the walkthrough and agreed to anything offered on the way. Giving some guy in the bar a BJ basically right at the start doesn't feel right to me, the photoshoot after was much more tame. Should I not agree to everything right away? I want to play the game in the right order so that the corruption feels believable
Yeah, there are a couple of those that feel very abrupt and out of place.

Also, for fans of this game, my own game Siren's Song is a shameless rip off heavily inspired by BT, so go check it out if you're interested (it's free).

curuchett

May 18, 2022
Sí, hay un par de ellos que se sienten muy abruptos y fuera de lugar.

Además, para los fanáticos de este juego, mi propio juego Siren's Song es una estafa descarada fuertemente inspirada en BT, así que échale un vistazo si estás interesado (es gratis).
[/CITA]
tu juego es maravilloso

Sonar2020

Aug 29, 2019
I have heard that there is a v1.25 of Bawdy Traditions, can anyone confirm? and how and where can I find it? I don't think v1.2 has all the endings (6 I think).

I think I found it. Someone posted it above message number 1,261. I hope.

Last edited:

SupremeAlex1

May 11, 2023
This is my first comment, and it's related to this game: I decided to learn how to use Koikatsu to make some images of Leyna, as a personal tribute towards Aedirn for creating such enjoyable game. I tried to make Leyna's model as close as possible to Aedirn's, but also decided to tweak it a little for my personal gusto. It's not that good, considering it was my first try, but I intend to make some extra positions. CharaStudio-2023-12-04-02-56-16-Render.png CharaStudio-2023-12-04-03-42-00-Render.png CharaStudio-2023-12-04-03-46-49-Render.png

Soul_Devour

Jun 10, 2017
Is there no way to get the latest version of this game 1.2.5 that was released, before the developer suddenly disappeared off the face of earth? I'm just curious if there was anything added to that. I was hoping for a fully updated gallery for the longest time.

Edit: Nevermind, I saw this hero posted the version himself! Thank you so much for your contribution, Rithly!
https://f95zone.to/threads/bawdy-traditions-v1-2-aedirn-studio.53953/post-11832390

Last edited:

Soul_Devour

Jun 10, 2017

(Me. I want to do that)
If you plan on doing a remake, I hope you do! I don't know if you'll ever be able to get permission from the original maker of the game since they disappeared off the internet, but I hope that doesn't hold you back! This game is still one of my top 10 favorite games, and seeing a ren'py remake would be awesome! If you never need a proofreader/writer I wouldn't mind volunteering either!

Yeah, there are a couple of those that feel very abrupt and out of place.

Also, for fans of this game, my own game Siren's Song is a shameless rip off heavily inspired by BT, so go check it out if you're interested (it's free).
I just played your game today, and honestly, I can feel the spirit! It's a good game so far, and I hope there will be more updates soon, keep up the amazing work! I hope you don't give up, and gain a good fanbase!

Reactions: n46onion

Luqueuris150

May 3, 2018
If you plan on doing a remake, I hope you do! I don't know if you'll ever be able to get permission from the original maker of the game since they disappeared off the internet, but I hope that doesn't hold you back! This game is still one of my top 10 favorite games, and seeing a ren'py remake would be awesome! If you never need a proofreader/writer I wouldn't mind volunteering either!

I just played your game today, and honestly, I can feel the spirit! It's a good game so far, and I hope there will be more updates soon, keep up the amazing work! I hope you don't give up, and gain a good fanbase!
I think a Ren'Py remake would kill the vibe of the game. Part of its charm is walking around and finding events, exposition through exploration, not writing/showing through excess of reading.

Soul_Devour

Jun 10, 2017
I think a Ren'Py remake would kill the vibe of the game. Part of its charm is walking around and finding events, exposition through exploration, not writing/showing through excess of reading.
Yeah, but that can become an issue as well. There seem to be two whole missing scenes because of that. Ones that no one has ever found. I wonder if they have ever been in the game at all, to be honest. It'll also make it easier for those who want to mod a gallery into the game to do so, as a lot of people don't enjoy playing the game for the gameplay itself honestly. Especially in a game that has no combat whatsoever. The walking around portion can be pretty pointless unless you just WANT to waste the extra time trying to find each scene. I don't know which format is easier to do, Ren'py or RPGM, but if someone wants to make a Ren'py remake, that's their choice. It'll still be this game, just in a different format. I don't think they'll add any scenes unless they want to. I'd love that, but who knows? That'll probably be more work than it's worth.

The point is, that making a Ren'py version of this game hurts no one. There will still be this version, and then that version. It'd be up to the players which version they prefer. I don't think the person who asked if they should ask for money, is the game IP isn't theirs to begin with.

Luqueuris150

May 3, 2018
Yeah, but that can become an issue as well. There seem to be two whole missing scenes because of that. Ones that no one has ever found. I wonder if they have ever been in the game at all, to be honest. It'll also make it easier for those who want to mod a gallery into the game to do so, as a lot of people don't enjoy playing the game for the gameplay itself honestly. Especially in a game that has no combat whatsoever. The walking around portion can be pretty pointless unless you just WANT to waste the extra time trying to find each scene. I don't know which format is easier to do, Ren'py or RPGM, but if someone wants to make a Ren'py remake, that's their choice. It'll still be this game, just in a different format. I don't think they'll add any scenes unless they want to. I'd love that, but who knows? That'll probably be more work than it's worth.

The point is, that making a Ren'py version of this game hurts no one. There will still be this version, and then that version. It'd be up to the players which version they prefer. I don't think the person who asked if they should ask for money, is the game IP isn't theirs to begin with.
Walking around isn't losing time and it definitely isn't pointless at all. There's a sense of reward in actively searching the scene and finding it, and it also gives more of an active role to Leyna's cheating (which is way more exciting than a more passive storytelling). But I agree that a new version would hurt no one, although I think this effort could be aimed for another direction, like a continuation for instance, as this was Aedirn's original intent (and I guess it's possible to argue in favor of a fan made Bawdy's II without needing to contact Aedirn whatsoever, like if it's a fanfic or something).

Soul_Devour

Jun 10, 2017
Walking around isn't losing time and it definitely isn't pointless at all. There's a sense of reward in actively searching the scene and finding it, and it also gives more of an active role to Leyna's cheating (which is way more exciting than a more passive storytelling). But I agree that a new version would hurt no one, although I think this effort could be aimed for another direction, like a continuation for instance, as this was Aedirn's original intent (and I guess it's possible to argue in favor of a fan made Bawdy's II without needing to contact Aedirn whatsoever, like if it's a fanfic or something).
I can see your point of view, and I'm not against it. I guess I worded my thing wrong, but while defending my side which is as someone who's mainly there for the lewd rather than the gameplay the walking seems pretty pointless in my eyes. It also stresses me out from time to time trying to fit in all the saves I can in such a small amount of saves when there are so many amazing scenes, which is where Ren'py has the advantage of having a near-endless amount of save slots compared to RPGM (basically ren'py can save as many saves as you have space on your computer). So being able to start back where you want during a scene is nice, rather than having to watch it completely over again. Though I don't know if making a continuation of the game I can agree with it. Even if the owner isn't around, that'd be taking advantage of their IP more than just simply making a ren'py remake of the original game they have established. Plus, I don't know if the person who'd make the game would be able to handle making a whole brand-new game on their own if they were working on their own. If Aedirn does come back one day, would not be a good look if someone continued their work without their permission. It'd be safer to make a ren'py remake instead.

4.40 star(s) 42 Votes