Soul_Devour

Jun 10, 2017
So Aedirn themselves were either happy with, or released themselves, the final completed version v1.2?

Asking for someone who might want to do a Ren'Py remix/remake.

(Me. I want to do that)
If you plan on doing a remake, I hope you do! I don't know if you'll ever be able to get permission from the original maker of the game since they disappeared off the internet, but I hope that doesn't hold you back! This game is still one of my top 10 favorite games, and seeing a ren'py remake would be awesome! If you never need a proofreader/writer I wouldn't mind volunteering either!

Yeah, there are a couple of those that feel very abrupt and out of place.

Also, for fans of this game, my own game Siren's Song is a shameless rip off heavily inspired by BT, so go check it out if you're interested (it's free).
I just played your game today, and honestly, I can feel the spirit! It's a good game so far, and I hope there will be more updates soon, keep up the amazing work! I hope you don't give up, and gain a good fanbase!

Reactions: n46onion

Luqueuris150

May 3, 2018
If you plan on doing a remake, I hope you do! I don't know if you'll ever be able to get permission from the original maker of the game since they disappeared off the internet, but I hope that doesn't hold you back! This game is still one of my top 10 favorite games, and seeing a ren'py remake would be awesome! If you never need a proofreader/writer I wouldn't mind volunteering either!

I just played your game today, and honestly, I can feel the spirit! It's a good game so far, and I hope there will be more updates soon, keep up the amazing work! I hope you don't give up, and gain a good fanbase!
I think a Ren'Py remake would kill the vibe of the game. Part of its charm is walking around and finding events, exposition through exploration, not writing/showing through excess of reading.

Soul_Devour

Jun 10, 2017
I think a Ren'Py remake would kill the vibe of the game. Part of its charm is walking around and finding events, exposition through exploration, not writing/showing through excess of reading.
Yeah, but that can become an issue as well. There seem to be two whole missing scenes because of that. Ones that no one has ever found. I wonder if they have ever been in the game at all, to be honest. It'll also make it easier for those who want to mod a gallery into the game to do so, as a lot of people don't enjoy playing the game for the gameplay itself honestly. Especially in a game that has no combat whatsoever. The walking around portion can be pretty pointless unless you just WANT to waste the extra time trying to find each scene. I don't know which format is easier to do, Ren'py or RPGM, but if someone wants to make a Ren'py remake, that's their choice. It'll still be this game, just in a different format. I don't think they'll add any scenes unless they want to. I'd love that, but who knows? That'll probably be more work than it's worth.

The point is, that making a Ren'py version of this game hurts no one. There will still be this version, and then that version. It'd be up to the players which version they prefer. I don't think the person who asked if they should ask for money, is the game IP isn't theirs to begin with.

Reactions: curuchett

Luqueuris150

May 3, 2018
Yeah, but that can become an issue as well. There seem to be two whole missing scenes because of that. Ones that no one has ever found. I wonder if they have ever been in the game at all, to be honest. It'll also make it easier for those who want to mod a gallery into the game to do so, as a lot of people don't enjoy playing the game for the gameplay itself honestly. Especially in a game that has no combat whatsoever. The walking around portion can be pretty pointless unless you just WANT to waste the extra time trying to find each scene. I don't know which format is easier to do, Ren'py or RPGM, but if someone wants to make a Ren'py remake, that's their choice. It'll still be this game, just in a different format. I don't think they'll add any scenes unless they want to. I'd love that, but who knows? That'll probably be more work than it's worth.

The point is, that making a Ren'py version of this game hurts no one. There will still be this version, and then that version. It'd be up to the players which version they prefer. I don't think the person who asked if they should ask for money, is the game IP isn't theirs to begin with.
Walking around isn't losing time and it definitely isn't pointless at all. There's a sense of reward in actively searching the scene and finding it, and it also gives more of an active role to Leyna's cheating (which is way more exciting than a more passive storytelling). But I agree that a new version would hurt no one, although I think this effort could be aimed for another direction, like a continuation for instance, as this was Aedirn's original intent (and I guess it's possible to argue in favor of a fan made Bawdy's II without needing to contact Aedirn whatsoever, like if it's a fanfic or something).

Soul_Devour

Jun 10, 2017
Walking around isn't losing time and it definitely isn't pointless at all. There's a sense of reward in actively searching the scene and finding it, and it also gives more of an active role to Leyna's cheating (which is way more exciting than a more passive storytelling). But I agree that a new version would hurt no one, although I think this effort could be aimed for another direction, like a continuation for instance, as this was Aedirn's original intent (and I guess it's possible to argue in favor of a fan made Bawdy's II without needing to contact Aedirn whatsoever, like if it's a fanfic or something).
I can see your point of view, and I'm not against it. I guess I worded my thing wrong, but while defending my side which is as someone who's mainly there for the lewd rather than the gameplay the walking seems pretty pointless in my eyes. It also stresses me out from time to time trying to fit in all the saves I can in such a small amount of saves when there are so many amazing scenes, which is where Ren'py has the advantage of having a near-endless amount of save slots compared to RPGM (basically ren'py can save as many saves as you have space on your computer). So being able to start back where you want during a scene is nice, rather than having to watch it completely over again. Though I don't know if making a continuation of the game I can agree with it. Even if the owner isn't around, that'd be taking advantage of their IP more than just simply making a ren'py remake of the original game they have established. Plus, I don't know if the person who'd make the game would be able to handle making a whole brand-new game on their own if they were working on their own. If Aedirn does come back one day, would not be a good look if someone continued their work without their permission. It'd be safer to make a ren'py remake instead.

SupremeAlex1

May 11, 2023
I agree. In a way, RPG MV can be better when it comes to try and actually play the game instead of just skipping dialogues and text, forcing you to immerse a bit in such game.
From my perspective, if the game is remade, it would require someone willing to add the unfinished Netorase route that Aedirn intended to do before their disappearance. Maybe a counter-NTR subroute between Johan and the other girl that was clearly trying to seduce him. Not a full remake per se, just the original game with tweaks, and later the adding of such routes, as an example, to complete Aedirn's intention.

hddhhdhdv2276

Jul 31, 2022
I remember Hate that he suffered, he didn't add a route without NTR because that was different from the game in my opinion. That's why there are barely any scenes of Leyna with her own husband. But going back to RE, it would be interesting to follow the dev's valus. Whoever does this cannot do as he pleases, for example, add things that he was against. Shota is an example, even if he served the fans, whoever makes the game has to align with the dev's thoughts first rather than the fans. In my opinion, It would be better to make a version of the current game with all the bugs fixed. You need the rpgmaker project, but its maps are very simple and can be recreated very easily. It would be more respectful, but with his blessing you can ignore everything I said.

SupremeAlex1

May 11, 2023
I remember Hate that he suffered, he didn't add a route without NTR because that was different from the game in my opinion.
This is right, but I'm pretty sure that was somewhat inevitable: the game in a way forces Leyna to corrupt herself. From my perspective, the game was meant to be sidelined to the NTR aspect, even if Aedirn intended to include a more "wholesome" route like the Netorase route (or even a vanilla, happy ending for Leyna and Johan).

As long as he doesn't appear, we may never truly know his wish for the game, just some possibilities and ideas. And even if such wish is discovered, I'm pretty sure someone can ignore it and make their own version of the game with their own sexual bias, like focusing on a gangbang sub-route/ending (which I have to admit, it's my personal case), or remaking the game in Ren'py, even if that is not affordable.

SupremeAlex1

May 11, 2023
I made a threesome scene, using a mod pose as a basis to later tweak it for the general pose look more natural. In general, my worst problem is the hands themselves; I can't find a reasonable way for hands to look natural aside from using the default hand poses.

All of this makes me value even more Aedirn's work, especially since they (as a single person, as far as I'm concerned) made both the scenes and the RPGM coding and game in general. Trying to fit the characters, even with a default pose given by a mod is something that takes some time to look actually exciting.

What I don't know is if Aedirn made their backgrounds for the game or if they are ported from someone else. If the former, if they used real images and tweaked them, or if they used Blender. CharaStudio-2023-12-08-03-25-11-Render.png CharaStudio-2023-12-08-03-25-38-Render.png CharaStudio-2023-12-08-03-29-26-Render.png

michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
Hi. The Ren'Py remake I am looking to create will try to have all of the wandering around and will try its best to retain the charm of the RPGM original. What it won't have is any new content that isn't from Aedirn, or any of the v1.2.5 content. I consider the v1.2 version here to be complete and canon. The Ren'Py port I am planning will have all of this content and nothing else: it'll just have a different UI.

Due to other commitments, I don't expect it will be released till mid 2024 at the earliest, being a non-funded project.

Any new non-Aedirn content should I think, be presented ITT, or in games such as the extremely promising Siren's Son from maiie: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-sirens-song-v0-71-maiie.175042/

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
What's up with the forced 800x600 dinky looking screen? Is this a setting somewhere? I cant believe I didn't see any posts referencing this in thread...

hddhhdhdv2276

Jul 31, 2022
What's up with the forced 800x600 dinky looking screen? Is this a setting somewhere? I cant believe I didn't see any posts referencing this in thread...
He just started the project like that and hasn't changed or can't do it. The smaller screen makes the game smoother, with better image quality even with low resolution and less crashing. It is not a solution for all PCs, but for the weakest ones.

Reactions: Heartbreakiller

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
He just started the project like that and hasn't changed or can't do it. The smaller screen makes the game smoother, with better image quality even with low resolution and less crashing. It is not a solution for all PCs, but for the weakest ones.
Thanks for the response, I found the solution myself- I just toggled the "userscaleable=no" line in the cfg file.

Sep 5, 2021
Anyone here ever experienced jitter/stuttering in the game? It was running perfectly fine before but then it suddenly started to stutter for me.
Tried rerunning the game but it's still the same. Only happens on this game bcs I tried playing other game and it worked just fine

addan076

Jul 26, 2021
This game needs full fallery mod. Gallery room in game missing some scenes.
100 percent. Missing one of my favorite scenes of the 2nd party with alexa where leyna "lowers herself" on another guy. It would be the best scene if the hubby "allowed" a creampie via "interference" by alexa. (would be nice if any remakes would change that - along with a final photoshoot before the last event that had a creampie ending). For a heavy (yet fun) NTR game it was a strange choice not to include that which is really my only criticism of the game and it really happened imo because the author rushed to finish this to start a new game and a combination of personal stuff and when he lost a good portion of his supporters he dropped the second game.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
100 percent. Missing one of my favorite scenes of the 2nd party with alexa where leyna "lowers herself" on another guy. It would be the best scene if the hubby "allowed" a creampie via "interference" by alexa. (would be nice if any remakes would change that - along with a final photoshoot before the last event that had a creampie ending). For a heavy (yet fun) NTR game it was a strange choice not to include that which is really my only criticism of the game and it really happened imo because the author rushed to finish this to start a new game and a combination of personal stuff and when he lost a good portion of his supporters he dropped the second game.
I really hate when devs rush games to start a new one when they have loyal followers who supported them. If this dev lost followers I would not be surprised if that was why. Greedy greedy greedy.

Reactions: curuchett
4.40 star(s) 41 Votes