3.20 star(s) 17 Votes

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
A good ride? It was one mediocre update. Only one. Would this be the same good vibe that extended to him admitting he was deliberately ripping off people? It's funny how being in all the BBS threads and how people crucify Rainces (and rightfully so) and yet wish to show so much faith in others like Summer when it isn't deserved. Even someone like Ogrey who hasnt released anything yet. The only one atm who has runs on the board is Ziptiefun and yet even already people are quick to villify him. Summer won't come back, he's made that perfectly clear especially if he is still mooching some money from Patreon. Quit being naive
É a tua opinião, de alguém que vê de fora... Vale o que vale...

# Yes it was a good ride. For about 2 years we've spent some good time together talking, imagining and yearning for the game comeback. He's just one of us, a BBS fan, with a slightly huge difference. He took upon himself to do it as nobody else would (Axeman/Zip's work was quite scarce back then). And after a lot of effort, probably personal life sacrifice and lots of mishaps he released his v0.1. It wasn't perfect but he has my appreciation for that.

I know it's frustrating to see the game abandoned again (like RAInces'). He could at least reach out to us, say something... I'm not happy with it either. But unlike RAInces he doesn't tease us with random renders and release dates just to keep milking it. He simply vanished.

I've never implied to keep supporting SP. If he doesn't work, he shouldn't be payed. The same goes for any other dev. But it was nice having him around so he's most welcome if he decides to pick up where he left off.

Last edited:

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
Summer received plenty of hate for the work here, I would've quit too.
Não penso que seja isso...

# I don't think that was the reason for his cut off. He's a big boy. He can deal with it. Most of the complaints were reasonable despite some nasty bashing. This is a forum... It must have been something else, more relevant. Or not. It doesn't matter. Let's expect nothing but if he decides to come back, he'll have my full support.

Achilicheese

Jan 22, 2021
I guessed life just got in the way or maybe the whole bad Bobby brand is just cursed.

Curse of the Lisa

holtlobster

Nov 22, 2019
I don't want to be a dick, actually nevermind I do!

Whether your story is true or whether it is false matters not, it wouldn't be the first time a dev has lied, it wouldn't be the first time a dev has had hardship. We wouldn't know because this forum has basically been ghosted for the past 8 months. However, trying to act all happy about the return of this version because and i quote "I'm broke" isn't exactly a fine redeeming quality for those to see.

You've openly admitted in the past to scamming people because you wanted to make a quick buck and than aptly left after 1 version. 1! most devs at least wait a few versions before they try and pull the wool over anyone's eyes. Maybe you were upset with how your version was received who knows but the truth of the matter is you scammed, quite openly, lied about it, tried to defend it and than gave up on it and most of us know it.

Announcing this big fanfare that you're broke so you're back to work on the game doesn't instill confidence because you quite obviously only care about the potential money BBS can make you and not the project itself. Which means if you make enough to get by work on BBS2 would almost certainly cease once again so you can collect some free money because you don't seem like you want to consistently put the hard slog of effort in. I'm sorry if the truth hurts. Your promises that you will be motivated to do it this time because you feel indebted to those who you have scammed of money is almost exactly the same promise you made back in October when you first posted a sob story about how it was too hard and how you deliberately didn't cancel patreon or do any work so you could continue to reap the rewards of free money without work.

None of this screams reliability or even merits a second chance (especially as this would technically be the 3rd or 4th chance on a version 1 project). Sure I might be proven wrong in the future, and who knows maybe I wouldn't mind to be proven wrong, but in my mind it would take multiple successful updates to gain back any goodwill, not just one update, if that one ever comes.

Achilicheese

Jan 22, 2021
I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt because I understand that life happens and so do bad shit. But if you’re sincere about all that your going through, at least stop charging people for something and go dark like you did.

I’m sorry for all that’s happened but you can see how that might bring skepticism. Because it’s a story that many have heard before and it’s usually lies.

At least be honest now, do you plan on continuing the game? Because I would advise many to unsubscribe their patron until there’s results.

Last edited:

leo_grouch

May 18, 2019
The Fake pic on the Patreon is amusing, old 90's computer on the desk ( i think it's a commodore 64). Pic looks like it's from some other game ( edited of course).

Reactions: SummmerP

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
I understand.
Sure by now you're all fed up w/ the many empty promises that I've made. I've set myself up for judgement, and that's all right. It is what it is.
I've been nothing but words or absence.
But I felt like saying something... though there's nothing really I could say that would make things right. (it wasn't my intention tho... to make things right or excuse myself)

Right now what I need to do is deliver.
I'm well aware.

Last edited:

bxIvan

Engaged Member
Dec 3, 2017
I understand.
Sure by now you're all fed up w/ the many empty promises that I've made. I've set myself up for judgement, and that's all right. It is what it is.
But I felt like saying something... though there's nothing really I could say that would make things right. (it wasn't my intention tho... I merely wanted to inform you of my return)

Its good to see your okay.

Tigerrrrr2343

Apr 20, 2020
Yo i thought i edited my original comment but i guess it didn't go through lol. Happy to hear some news. sad to hear what happened thats insanely rough. Hope everything works out. if you do drop another update even a small one I will resume patreon ( long as it's Lucy ;)) joking... kind of.

Jake2000

Oct 14, 2018
I understand.
But I felt like saying something... though there's nothing really I could say that would make things right. (it wasn't my intention tho... to make things right or excuse myself)

I'm well aware.
The amount of heat you're getting right now. I think it's best for you to have your next post contain content and not comment.

Bettypoo

Jan 14, 2020
Hi SummmerP
I am sorry to here this bad news few people know what's it like to lose a part of your body. but please trust me you will adapt and over come this our body's are amazing at doing this, I never gave up on you some how I knew you would be back to finish what you started a speedy recovery to you and Good luck

• Red Heart

Luciano

Apr 7, 2017
I understand.

I'm well aware.
Brasileiro não desiste nunca!!!^^

So far so good...

Reactions: edgaia
3.20 star(s) 17 Votes