VN Ren'Py Abandoned Beautiful Dark Love [v0.1.2 Beta] [Wasabi & wise2face]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Wasabi777

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2018
Maybe the music for the sex scene isnt good for this game, i think its better something else
We kinda know, we're trying to find something :LOL:
The problem is we have to find royalty and license-free music content. Which isn't an easy task. but it's better to use something than nothing. Otherwise, the game looked kinda dead. At least these soundtracks used made the game a bit alive. Although I doubt anyone tried the "runaway route", there is another surprise there.

StratoSquir

Jan 19, 2018
The production of this game is extremely stunning, i find the music-samples that were used really interesting, it's clear this game is the dev's most ambitious effort so far, and the dialogues are well written, somes even have some amazing punchlines
the only thing i could complain is some references, which are, to me, in my opinion, corny, or a little generic, they feel a little like any new Koikatsu games on the market

i'm gonna say something that may sperg a lot of angry-replies, but at least half of what i'm seeing here, feel very artful to me for a mainstream Koikatsu-game, but my biggest gripe with this game is something i mentioned earlier in this review and that's it feel like it's essential, to me as a fan, to be a fan, or at least interested in the dev's on a personal level to enjoy this
i think even someone who hates the dev can get into some of the storylines on this game, at least a little
the position I'M in, is that i don't care

There's fantastic production here, there's great-writing, but i'm not so interested in hearing about the dev's profesionnal-life so much, that i'm just sitting on the edge of my seat through 8 minutes meta-references, or 9 minutes of sex-scenes, i get kinda bored, what do you want me to do?

but peoples love thoses sick little-details, peoples love dirty-laundry, and i can see this game appealing in a big-way because of that, especially because of how expensive and impressive the game look
i enjoyed a lot what i saw here, i just didn't like a lot of the drama that this thing served-up because it just dosn't feel that relevant
i'm feeling a light to a decent 6 on this game but that's just my opinion

Wasabi777

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2018
The production of this game is extremely stunning, i find the music-samples that were used really interesting, it's clear this game is the dev's most ambitious effort so far, and the dialogues are well written, somes even have some amazing punchlines
the only thing i could complain is some references, which are, to me, in my opinion, corny, or a little generic, they feel a little like any new Koikatsu games on the market

i'm gonna say something that may sperg a lot of angry-replies, but at least half of what i'm seeing here, feel very artful to me for a mainstream Koikatsu-game, but my biggest gripe with this game is something i mentioned earlier in this review and that's it feel like it's essential, to me as a fan, to be a fan, or at least interested in the dev's on a personal level to enjoy this
i think even someone who hates the dev can get into some of the storylines on this game, at least a little
the position I'M in, is that i don't care

There's fantastic production here, there's great-writing, but i'm not so interested in hearing about the dev's profesionnal-life so much, that i'm just sitting on the edge of my seat through 8 minutes meta-references, or 9 minutes of sex-scenes, i get kinda bored, what do you want me to do?

but peoples love thoses sick little-details, peoples love dirty-laundry, and i can see this game appealing in a big-way because of that, especially because of how expensive and impressive the game look
i enjoyed a lot what i saw here, i just didn't like a lot of the drama that this thing served-up because it just dosn't feel that relevant
i'm feeling a light to a decent 6 on this game but that's just my opinion
Every opinion matters. Thing is it's not supposed to be so dramatic and not supposed to be so fast phased, that's what made game more koikatsu like. But thing is people like more dirty-laundry than a true storie. So this game is a combination of story+sexual content.

The first release had less sexual content and the first thing I mostly see is "no sexual content" comments. That's why sexual content was added on the second re-release, the Alpha version.

People prefer games to jump to sexual content faster. Otherwise, I would make game more true story based than more sexual content-like. Originally I was planning to follow the story and to add sexual content very late in the game. something like scene 15, and that sexual content would have been Risa's first masturbation. Before that there was only Betty's masturbation planned, because that's what makes that character comical. In later release it will be revealed why is she like that.

Here is behind the scenes spoiler for you : This story originally had a different concept. A girl who was out-cast, bullied all the time and saved by a mysterious creature, which everyone hates. But nobody knew what he was original. Eventually he tells the main protagonist girl who he is, but girl still loves him, even though he is a demon. Story did have some sexual content, but both protagonists weren't so perverted. Imagine something like anime "shape of your voice", but with a different concept. The sexual content I mentioned, originally it had love and passion, but it would even become dark as "50 shades of grey". Even though she feels pain and they break up, after some time and consideration they end up together still loving each other. The reason why he shows his dark side is that, she wanted to see who he truly was. Thus he showed her, who he really was in the past, and some of that past was still following him.

This story was for half-written for my book. But I decided to make a fun, sexual game out of it, changing a lot of facts and details. I couldn't; finish the book, because I find't have finances.

Thus I abandoned that book, I plan to finish it eventually. it's just I lost muse for it. and never managed to find it back. I started a different project, and now writing a different book. while having fun with this game as well.

So the true story should have been more love-oriented and not like this. But I created these Drama to show true-collors of people. How will people open up? How will they become better people? After they face reality, face their weaknesses and overcome them. That's the point here. Risa in her routes, has pushed everyone to see their own weaknesses. Even though some people took it, some of them did not.

For example, Lilith "small spoiler alert, in route 1 was confused, because Risa was right. Rick is a selfish person, who will never admit anything until he is forced to admit. As for betty, that will be revealed in next release.

I really appreciate your comment and thank you.

Reactions: StratoSquir

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
What the fuck?!
I played it for some minutes and found myself nearly weeping with Risa on the toilet?!
I am confused.
Never had this, JFC, this girl makes me want to help, caress and protect her, not to molest.
I am even more confused.
WTF?!
I am in imminent danger of being de-perved by this game/girl.
I am so confused.
---
Next month I become a patron of this game, seeing where it goes

Last edited:
Reactions: Crazy Penguin

Wasabi777

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2018
What the fuck?!
I played it for some minutes and found myself nearly weeping with Risa on the toilet?!
I am confused.
Never had this, JFC, this girl makes me want to help, caress and protect her, not to molest.
I am even more confused.
WTF?!
I am in imminent danger of being de-perved by this game/girl.
I am so confused.
---
Next month I become a patron of this game, seeing where it goes

if you read previous comment, I wrote an original story, so it would have been more depressing with original story. But for now, you will see what kind of person she becomes.

all the routes have their own unique way of continuing.

If you chose route 1 or route 3 in both cases she receives help and becomes stronger, but in case of route 2 she will get bullied more. but story will have different changes.

As for becoming patreon, thanks for your support and help <3

And yeah it is better to become patreon next month rather than this if you're planning to and if you don't; change your mind. Because we need to still add patreon only content. originally it was added, but I removed it to fix them. The old images contained old rise model, now I need to upgrade them to new version, which will be done by the end of this week most likely. Also there will be some changes to benefits, in better ways.

Also join discord channel for more info questions and etc, sometimes we post spoilers as well.

Thanks again for showing interest in our game.

adryr

Jul 25, 2019
Can you tell me What personality does Risa find in each of the 3 routes? ? And why did you write dangerous for route 1 and route 3 next to it?
Sorry for my poor English

PsybehrWolf

Apr 16, 2020
Made it through the Alpha, and gotta say, nice fixes, interesting character adds, and WOW! I've been the bullied kid, though not to that extent (and certainly as a male, not in THOSE ways), so it's not difficult to slip into her shoes a bit, so wanting to protect her, and help her break out of that role she feels stuck in....options 1 & 3 for me are the ones I got for, 3 especially, spent a lot of time IRL on 2...Amazing the amount of games I am finding lately that are cathartic....Really looking forward to what happens beyond day 1!

PsybehrWolf

Apr 16, 2020
Any time one takes a stand against their Oppressors/Bullies, it makes life more difficult, and when one has to go to school with them every day....Not like she can just skip school. Best bet, play all 3 routes, there are situations that happen in each, 1 has a different sort of "end" while they all end at the same place, the one where she runs though only will increase her bullying...the other two....ESPECIALLY 3....

Wasabi777

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2018
Any time one takes a stand against their Oppressors/Bullies, it makes life more difficult, and when one has to go to school with them every day....Not like she can just skip school. Best bet, play all 3 routes, there are situations that happen in each, 1 has a different sort of "end" while they all end at the same place, the one where she runs though only will increase her bullying...the other two....ESPECIALLY 3....
you basically answered question yourself. "Dangerous" is just for emphasis, Wouldn't be dangerous to make such calls in real life? especially when you're being bullied by people who are stronger than you?

Each route has different outcome, but for example you chose route 3, you can still have an option to go back to route 1.

Even though there will be a lot of sexual content I did explain in this comment How things could have gone, deeper and more meaningful story, but it doesn't mean there won't be any story to it.

Route 1 is speaking out of frustration and anger, route 2 is acting like a coward and running away, she just can't face her weakness, route 3 is focused on the more cool way of fixing her issues.

So basically imagine something like this Risa is stuck between her emotions and personalities, 3 routes are her 3 personalities. That demon basically forced her to face her personalities and act instead of always staying quiet or accepting bullying. scene 6 basically shows that she has snapped. Also, there is a spoiler in the description of the game. "obsession" . She will become obsessed with this demon. She thinks that he can solve her issues. So other personalities are added to her list. Crazy personality and obsessed personality.

So all of that describes that why a lot of people become hard to deal with in the future when they have rough childhood or teen period. Some people become crazy, some people become tyrants, criminals, or just isolated in their own world, cowards, socially unstable and etc.

Reactions: PsybehrWolf

Crazy Penguin

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2019
Can you tell me What personality does Risa find in each of the 3 routes? ? And why did you write dangerous for route 1 and route 3 next to it?
Sorry for my poor English
These are the founding block of how Risa will behave in the future release, they will for example in many games you decide the initial stats using the class system here we are using this to as a starting base

Reactions: PsybehrWolf

StratoSquir

Jan 19, 2018
Every opinion matters. Thing is it's not supposed to be so dramatic and not supposed to be so fast phased, that's what made game more koikatsu like. But thing is people like more dirty-laundry than a true storie. So this game is a combination of story+sexual content.

The first release had less sexual content and the first thing I mostly see is "no sexual content" comments. That's why sexual content was added on the second re-release, the Alpha version.

People prefer games to jump to sexual content faster. Otherwise, I would make game more true story based than more sexual content-like. Originally I was planning to follow the story and to add sexual content very late in the game. something like scene 15, and that sexual content would have been Risa's first masturbation. Before that there was only Betty's masturbation planned, because that's what makes that character comical. In later release it will be revealed why is she like that.

Here is behind the scenes spoiler for you : This story originally had a different concept. A girl who was out-cast, bullied all the time and saved by a mysterious creature, which everyone hates. But nobody knew what he was original. Eventually he tells the main protagonist girl who he is, but girl still loves him, even though he is a demon. Story did have some sexual content, but both protagonists weren't so perverted. Imagine something like anime "shape of your voice", but with a different concept. The sexual content I mentioned, originally it had love and passion, but it would even become dark as "50 shades of grey". Even though she feels pain and they break up, after some time and consideration they end up together still loving each other. The reason why he shows his dark side is that, she wanted to see who he truly was. Thus he showed her, who he really was in the past, and some of that past was still following him.

This story was for half-written for my book. But I decided to make a fun, sexual game out of it, changing a lot of facts and details. I couldn't; finish the book, because I find't have finances.

Thus I abandoned that book, I plan to finish it eventually. it's just I lost muse for it. and never managed to find it back. I started a different project, and now writing a different book. while having fun with this game as well.

So the true story should have been more love-oriented and not like this. But I created these Drama to show true-collors of people. How will people open up? How will they become better people? After they face reality, face their weaknesses and overcome them. That's the point here. Risa in her routes, has pushed everyone to see their own weaknesses. Even though some people took it, some of them did not.

For example, Lilith "small spoiler alert, in route 1 was confused, because Risa was right. Rick is a selfish person, who will never admit anything until he is forced to admit. As for betty, that will be revealed in next release.

I really appreciate your comment and thank you.
I'm sorry, i was just making a Antony-Fantano joke because his most infamous review was his review of "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" of Kanye-West, and the name of your game is pretty close to it
my review make a lot more sense if you change everytime i mentioned you "(dev") by "Kanye", and everytime i mentioned "the game" by "the album"

Don't take my criticizism seriously, i was just making a joke
i didn't even actually play the game, but it's a good thing that you seem ready to take criticizism

Wasabi777

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2018
I'm sorry, i was just making a Antony-Fantano joke because his most infamous review was his review of "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" of Kanye-West, and the name of your game is pretty close to it
my review make a lot more sense if you change everytime i mentioned you "(dev") by "Kanye", and everytime i mentioned "the game" by "the album"

Don't take my criticizism seriously, i was just making a joke
i didn't even actually play the game, but it's a good thing that you seem ready to take criticizism

I don't even know what "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" is. As for criticism. Positive reviews of course satisfies your heart, as for negative reviews - they tell us what went wrong, what needs to be improved what needs to be corrected. We learn on mistakes and correct them. Improve our project and ourselves as well.

So I'm happy to view any kind of comment. I also had weird kind of experience with negative reviews. I'm writing a book and Invited various kind of people with different personalities, different worlds, different points of view and etc. Asked them to read part of my book (because it's not completed yet, I'm releasing chapter by chapter online for that specific auditorium), and 95% I received positive reviews and 5% negative, amongst those 10 negative, I wondered why they didn't like the book. Turned out when I was asking the guy questions from my book, he didn't even read it. He pointed out what my book didn't have, while it actually had it, if he read it carefully. as for some reviews mostly the reason was the same "first chapter seems boring, lacking something, and you have too many explanations". So I corrected them, now all of them sit on the net and wait for my next chapter release. Amongst those gathered people are even such individuals who don't like reading books, and this is the book that they actually can't wait to fully read.

So yes I always want to hear criticism, so I can improve my work. Sure it can't be satisfactory for everyone, but at least I want to see 70-80% of people satisfied. which is a high number and satisfies me as well.

P.S I wasn't expecting my book to have 99% satisfactory ratio after correcting it lol. but that is between 300 people I asked to read. Amongst those people are only like 10 of my friends, a couple of acquaintances and the rest are totally random people.

Crazy Penguin

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2019
Sorry, not going to release Android version for some time, for porting to android I need to make a lot of changes in code and that takes time, which I currently don't have as my free time is spent adding the proper features in the PC (mac/win/linux) version.

Wasabi777

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2018
Don't you forgot "upcoming android version" on the upcoming list? T-T

Generally, I want us to release android version, because I prefer to play on my mobile such kind of games. Eventually we will make it, maybe quite soon, maybe a bit later, because we're not using standard Ren'py, we're adding a lot of other plugins to improve gameplay, add more functions as well. So if we can find a way around them, there will be an android version.

babilon29

Sep 5, 2017
The game looks very promising I will definitely keep an eye on it. art looks fantastic
btw When to expect an update on the tags? What about Loli? Gona be trans? FC

Last edited:

Wasabi777

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2018
The game looks very promising I will definitely keep an eye on it. art looks fantastic
btw When to expect an update on the tags? What about Loli? Gona be trans? FC
Thanks for showing interest in our game.
Trans is already present. I'm just not revealing which character it is. At the moment there are Various type of characters present including : trans, futa, shemale. You just need to find out which ones are those :D That's the fun part of it.

Tags were already updated. Unless I missed something?

AS for loli - there will be a loli like character, but not an actually loli. Body of a loli but over 18 years old, there is a possibility of a loli baba as well. I patreon doesn't block us off, or we will have to make a patch for it. Same goes for incest. Although the original story doesn't contain Loli. So if there will ba 3D version of the game, there won't be any lolis.

P.S yes by 3D i actually mean fully playable 3D game, which features roaming in various locations, having sex, dress up, completing daily needs like toilet, shower, eating and etc. But we need some monthly income for that, as we need to work on it as full-time job.

Reactions: babilon29

babilon29

Sep 5, 2017
Thanks for showing interest in our game.
Trans is already present. I'm just not revealing which character it is. At the moment there are Various type of characters present including : trans, futa, shemale. You just need to find out which ones are those :D That's the fun part of it.

Tags were already updated. Unless I missed something?

AS for loli - there will be a loli like character, but not an actually loli. Body of a loli but over 18 years old, there is a possibility of a loli baba as well. I patreon doesn't block us off, or we will have to make a patch for it. Same goes for incest. Although the original story doesn't contain Loli. So if there will ba 3D version of the game, there won't be any lolis.

P.S yes by 3D i actually mean fully playable 3D game, which features roaming in various locations, having sex, dress up, completing daily needs like toilet, shower, eating and etc. But we need some monthly income for that, as we need to work on it as full-time job.
Thanks
The game sounds more and more interesting:love:

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes