Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Tastes differ. To me this kind of drama is going for cheap easy effects, instead of good writing.
Yeah, as I said that's my opinion, calling it bad writing because some shit happened seems childish to me.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'd dare to say that the MC of WVM had to work harder to get girls....
It is not how hard he has to work for it, but how much sense they make considering character of MC and the girls. Mr Jet just chose to have MC make an entry in their lives at a very fortuitous moment for MC with MC being both attractive, have his own apartment and be rich and talented and charming. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Raptus Puellae

mma456

Dec 2, 2018
Lmao people saying the writing is bad, I knew it the moment I saw "the scene", butthurt is coming.
The writing has been pretty good so far, we have several relationships to pick from, the become a rockstar main story and now a bit of drama before the endings.
Imo Mr.Jet is doing a great job with his game.
Despite everyone giving proper reasons as to why it felt cheap, calling people butthurt says everything one needs to know about your side of the argument.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, as I said that's my opinion, calling it bad writing because some shit happened seems childish to me.
It is a very easy cliched way to get some easy feels and momentum in a story that did not need it and was already loaded with drama. Is it forbidden, no. Is it great creative writing, nope. Is it a reason for me to forget about games existence if Julia dies and pass over this update and next ones in the meantime until that becomes clear, yes.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Despite everyone giving proper reasons as to why it felt cheap, calling people butthurt says everything one needs to know about your side of the argument.
Sorry, I only see people saying drama is shit or cheap. So yeah, butthurt.
It is a very easy cliched way to get some easy feels and momentum in a story that did not need it and was already loaded with drama. Is it forbidden, no. Is it great creative writing, nope. Is it a reason for me to forget about games existence if Julia dies and pass over this update and next ones in the meantime until that becomes clear, yes.
How is that? As you said:
MC make an entry in their lives at a very fortuitous moment for MC with MC being both attractive, have his own apartment and be rich and talented and charming.
The MC has everything already, Where is the drama?

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
There are numerous posts with paragraph upon paragraphs explaining why it's forced and cheap, if you want to ignore all of it, sure suit yourself and be butthurt cause people have a different opinion than yours.
I saw several post saying is bad without any explanation besides drama is bad storytelling.
I was talking about those.

• Angry
Reactions: hellomate1

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Sorry, I only see people saying drama is shit or cheap. So yeah, butthurt.

How is that? As you said:

The MC has everything already, Where is the drama?
You missed the father storyline, Serena that has been hurt by cheating in past, the jade storyline, Emma and so on? what else is that as drama? There is plenty of sex yes and MC gets it pretty easy due to setup though not even very unrealistic, but there is plenty of drama as well. :p

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
I saw several post saying is bad without any explanation besides drama is bad storytelling.
putting incest aside, Julia is the only character truely supporting MC's dream, fuck! she even does more to make it a reality than MC himself: she stood up to the father, she talked some sense into Emma, and when the band got their first gig she watched the video with quite the enjoyment, she also genuinely cares about MC's life. And unlike others, she doesn't push her own shit onto the MC, she even hooked Jacob with some groupies so he wouldn't bother MC Lisa and Jade. Now let's speculate on the case that Julia indeed dies, how do you think it will affect the MC? It would be devastating to him, since even without any incest he and Julia were close. Who's gonna be there to lift him up? no one, or at least no one that would make sense... for sure not partyboy Jacob, nor the "I want a friend" Lisa, Jane for sure will be too busy running the company in Julia's stead, and honestly I don't think she's buying into MC's dream, more likely she sees him as the inheritor of his father's fortune..
I 'll repeat myself...

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Cheap easy forced drama just to elicit feels and not needed for story is bad storytelling, not drama per se. This Julia scene feels like exactly that first and not second. So much other ways he could get those drives to story without her getting hurt and only really sensible reason why she needs to be the victim (so she can reevaluate her life and make changes in it) is already closed of since she will not be a LI.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Okay if you want play Catherine scene ..
- You have to romance Anna ( kiss her after you peek Catherine masturbate )
- comfort/company her after you tell guardman fuck girl in toilet
- accept her offer to have sex in office room
- you want this relationship a try
- agree with her ( Catherine proposal to break up with Anna ) just like picture below View attachment 789653
I do all of that and game still acts like i'm in relation with Anna. It's like i chosed ''Refuse her'' instead '' Agree with her''. In my game i get an option to send '' Text'' to Anna or ''Continue''. I tried both ways in hope to trigger event with Cath but nothing happens. Idk if this is bug or some other malfunction or is it me. What ever i try nothing works. Thanks any way.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
You missed the father storyline, Serena that has been hurt by cheating in past, the jade storyline, Emma and so on? what else is that as drama? There is plenty of sex yes and MC gets it pretty easy due to setup though not even very unrealistic, but there is plenty of drama as well. :p
Yes, and now the MC is talking with his father again, Selina has a great relationship (Her route) and the MC has a promising career in front of him.
Cheap easy forced drama just to elicit feels and not needed for story is bad storytelling, not drama per se. This Julia scene feels like exactly that first and not second. So much other ways he could get those drives to story without her getting hurt and only really sensible reason why she needs to be the victim is already closed of since she will not be a LI.
Says who? The moment we saw the gun in the last update we knew something bad was happening.
She getting hurt was MrJet decission, if you think that was because she isn't a LI that's your opinion.
I 'll repeat myself...
I get it, you don't like Julia getting hurt, and that's my point, you feel bad for her, that's good story telling right there.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
I do all of that and game still acts like i'm in relation with Anna. It's like i chosed ''Refuse her'' instead '' Agree with her''. In my game i get an option to send '' Text'' to Anna or ''Continue''. I tried both ways in hope to trigger event with Cath but nothing happens. Idk if this is bug or some other malfunction or is it me. What ever i try nothing works. Thanks any way.
Normal or Scrappy mod version?
Personally, that scene work fine(Normal Win version)

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Cheap easy forced drama just to elicit feels and not needed for story is bad storytelling, not drama per se. This Julia scene feels like exactly that first and not second. So much other ways he could get those drives to story without her getting hurt and only really sensible reason why she needs to be the victim (so she can reevaluate her life and make changes in it) is already closed of since she will not be a LI.
You can't say "it's not needed for story" when you can't possibly know what's the story Mr Jet wants to tell. I'm guessing this game was never about a guy making (and fucking) his way to the stardome but about a guy trying to just choose his life's path. From that perspective it's obvious to me she needs to be the victim because she's the only real link between MC and his family, the only one who take family relationships in a caring way, as families are supposed to be. The good/well writing question should be if taking her out of scene this way feels realistic enough, or if the incident is well or bad scripted.

TripleZ

Jun 23, 2017
Duuude.. And here i was telling myself mid update : "man, Julia truly is the best sis"... Then last scene happens.
Fine... add your drama... but if she dies we riot :mad:

Reactions: frozenfeet

IndigoHawk

Aug 9, 2016
I wish our band had let those other guys go into the alley and then ditched them to party. Those idiots could have stewed in the alley for a few minutes feeling like impotent fools.

This escalation of drama isn't what I wanted from the game, but there is groundwork to support it.

Also I feel there could have been enough drama just from a bunch of musicians risking their hands in a petty brawl. Breaking a hand would have been a pretty big consequence for a drummer or a bassist. It could have cost them a big opportunity with the producer contact they just got or made the band get a replacement that creates tension.

Reactions: PeraDrnda

haihai2Mars

Feb 12, 2020
the update was very good, the animations are very high level. I have to congratulate MrJet I didn't like the scene with Catherine very much, it seemed a little forced. but it is interesting to know what Catherine and Rosa said to each other on the phone ... even the final event left me very surprised, it cannot end like this; it takes at least 2 more updates. I also really enjoyed the dialogue between mc and lisa, when lisa feels in sexual competition with jade; this opens up to many other activities.

I too would have liked that the choice well / not to drink had consequences
Is there new scene with Rosa ?

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
Lmao people saying the writing is bad, I knew it the moment I saw "the scene", butthurt is coming.
The writing has been pretty good so far, we have several relationships to pick from, the become a rockstar main story and now a bit of drama before the endings.
Imo Mr.Jet is doing a great job with his game.
The game is great sure but I can't help but admit that the cliffhanger felt out of place..it didn't make any impact at all for me, but it sure isn't something that should make a hassle like the one happening right now.

4.20 star(s) 240 Votes