cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
hxr

1. put those white pics behind spoilers or resize those.
2. are you using integrated gpu or real gpu?
3. drivers are up-to-date?
4. tried to hold shift or control when starting game? should bring up screen with some selections.
5. tried with prev. version's exe?

Reactions: thehxr

thehxr

Dec 24, 2020
hxr

1. put those white pics behind spoilers or resize those.
2. are you using integrated gpu or real gpu?
3. drivers are up-to-date?
4. tried to hold shift or control when starting game? should bring up screen with some selections.
5. tried with prev. version's exe?
yes v0.7.0 worked well and yes my drivers are upto date and idk about gpu's

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
yes v0.7.0 worked well and yes my drivers are upto date and idk about gpu's
gpu = graphic card aka intel/amd/nvidia integrated or actual graphic card amd/nvidia.

so game launches with 0.70's *game*.exe?

rogokin

Jul 4, 2020
Man this new version of Ren'py sucks a bunch of games i've been playing for months don't work anymore. This game just the previous version worked same with Oath Of Loyalty and Milky Touch,college bound. it's just a bummer :(

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
i am currently using win 7
it's not that i am not intrested, i have less knowledge about coding stuff and my english sucks .
when i click on game.exe or game_32.exe after few seconds it opens and the screen freezes and the title is written"a ren'py game", and that closes .
i don't know why this happens, i played alot of games like BaDIK, MILFY CITY, CITY OF BROKEN DREAMERS, SUMMER SCENT,ETC THEY WORKED FINE also BaROCKSTAR v0.7.0 worked but not this version.
BELOW I HAVE ADDED SCREENSHOTS OF THE SCREEN , THE SCREEN GOES BLANK AND FREEZES AND AFTER FEW SECONDS IT CLOSES.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
yes games launches with 0.7.0.
and pc has intel integrated.
Thanks for the log file!

From what I can see, Ren'Py complains about missing OpenGL functionality:

Using GL DLL.
Fullscreen mode.
The following gl functions are missing:
- glActiveTexture
- glAttachShader
- glBindFramebuffer
- glCompileShader
- glCreateProgram
- glCreateShader
- glDeleteFramebuffers
- glDeleteProgram
- glDeleteShader
- glDisableVertexAttribArray
- glEnableVertexAttribArray
- glFramebufferTexture2D
- glGenFramebuffers
- glGetAttribLocation
- glGetProgramInfoLog
- glGetProgramiv
- glGetShaderInfoLog
- glGetShaderiv
- glGetUniformLocation
- glLinkProgram
- glShaderSource
- glUniform1f
- glUniform1i
- glUniform2f
- glUniform4f
- glUniformMatrix4fv
- glUseProgram
- glVertexAttribPointer
These could be missing from an integrated Intel graphics hardware, especially if it's a bit vintage by now.

As cxx suggested, try to start the game while holding the SHIFT key. Keep holding it until a configuration screen appears.

Select "Force ANGLE Renderer" and click Quit. This should force the game to use DirectX renderer instead of the default OpenGL.

In case the game now works, you can also try to force it to use ANGLE2 renderer. Just press SHIFT+g and the same configuration screen should appear, allowing you to select another renderer. In case the game won't work with ANGLE2, you can go back to ANGLE as you did previously.

The new Ren'Py uses OpenGL by default, old one was using DirectX, I think. Older Intel graphics cards had a very poor OpenGL support and this can cause problems as we can see here.

Correction:

Sorry, I missed the part where Ren'Py already is trying to start the ANGLE renderer. And it seems that it still fails.

You could still try to force it to use the ANGLE renderer from the start to eliminate the possibility that an attempt to initialize OpenGL renderer first could screw something up and freeze the game.
Try to start the game while holding the SHIFT key. Keep holding it until a configuration screen appears.
Select "Force ANGLE Renderer" and click Quit. This should force the game to use DirectX renderer instead of the default OpenGL.

Are you absolutely sure that you have the latest drivers for you Intel card?
You could try to find newer ones by using Intel DSA:
Click Get Started, download and install Intel DSA, start it and see if it can find something newer for you.

Get back here with any results.

By the way, have you tried to restart your computer after all these failed attempts to start the game? Sometimes failed, hanging executables of the game can remain frozen in the background, blocking new attempts to run any game. This is when a restart could make a difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: thehxr
Apr 1, 2018
I'm having the exact same problem as the person you're trying to help and I did everything you suggested and it still won't run. All of my drivers are updated and I restarted my computer multiple times and it still won't work
Thanks for the log file!

These could be missing from an integrated Intel graphics hardware, especially if it's a bit vintage by now.

As cxx suggested, try to start the game while holding the SHIFT key. Keep holding it until a configuration screen appears.

In case the game now works, you can also try to force it to use ANGLE2 renderer. Just press SHIFT+g and the same configuration screen should appear, allowing you to select another renderer. In case the game won't work with ANGLE2, you can go back to ANGLE as you did previously.

The new Ren'Py uses OpenGL by default, old one was using DirectX, I think. Older Intel graphics cards had a very poor OpenGL support and this can cause problems as we can see here.

Correction:

Sorry, I missed the part where Ren'Py already is trying to start the ANGLE renderer. And it seems that it still fails.

You could still try to force it to use the ANGLE renderer from the start to eliminate the possibility that an attempt to initialize OpenGL renderer first could screw something up and freeze the game.
Try to start the game while holding the SHIFT key. Keep holding it until a configuration screen appears.

Click Get Started, download and install Intel DSA, start it and see if it can find something newer for you.

By the way, have you tried to restart your computer after all these failed attempts to start the game? Sometimes failed, hanging executables of the game can remain frozen in the background, blocking new attempts to run any game. This is when a restart could make a difference.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well then only thing is to buy cheapest graphic card you can get if your motherboard has free pci-e x16 slot (assuming it's not laptop). besides using older *game*.exe to load game.

thehxr

Dec 24, 2020
Thanks for the log file!

Correction:

thamk you for giving your time to help me out. i really appretiate it.
yes my drivers are updated to latest versions and i restarted my pc atleast 10 times from then but still did'nt work for me.
i will still use shift method you told me to do.

thehxr

Dec 24, 2020
Thanks for the log file!

Correction:

thanks buddy it worked!!!!!!!!!!

thank you bro ; 0

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This game be crunching a lot in pretty small time span .. somebody said 2 months ...

Just another player who doesn't read the dialogues/story and just hold ctrl until reaching the scenes. Best to just ignore. :LOL:
bruh a girl kisses on cheek "try not worry too much everything will be fine" OMG WHAT YOU DOING TO MY BOYFRIEND sure
"pussies path" as a save for every girl ahahaha shut up
Yup .. this is a game of sorts, not a novel, not a best seller by any means.
Should you want to whine, MC is in shock and in great need of care,
which honestly not a lot of babes are showing him,
even as he is certain to take the heat from his pa.

So yeah, he is emotionally on the ropes, any show of affection is welcome.

On this string of events, even as he tried his best to fight off the aggressors,
he gets the short end, given the hard choice to be the accusing whitness.

Where is his tender understanding gurl?

He might be a baller, but he is nof dumbfumbled and rock bottom.

Reactions: blademaster89
4.20 star(s) 239 Votes