crotch69

Aug 20, 2020
The automatic skip bar inside the game has no purpose, it creates an unnecessary sense of urgency and it generates confussion, my advise is to remove it and let the player advance through the frames manually.
This. It's super frustrating. Why it is there in the first place?

And I think there are way too many animations...
The renders are extremely beautiful though.

Aug 26, 2023
This. It's super frustrating. Why it is there in the first place?

And I think there are way too many animations...
The renders are extremely beautiful though.
Maybe it has to do with ironmode or something? hope it'll be removed in next update. I dont mind the animations though it gives me movie like feel & renders are very beautiful too.

Reactions: crotch69

ScornedBeef

May 30, 2022
this is one of those self-important pretentious devs that get really high on their own farts. you know there's a good chance you've found one of those when a renpy game defaults to fullscreen. "are you going to play the game as intended?" passive aggressive too. :poop:

just annoying.

anyway, how would one go about forcing renpy to allow skipping text? it's just renpy, it must be possible. unren didn't seem to work.

is there a way to go in and manually enable it, similar to how you might do it with the console? lol i tried switching a bunch of 'falses' to 'true' if they had anything to do with 'skip', but that didn't work.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rauko001

Rauko001

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2023
anyway, how would one go about forcing renpy to allow skipping text? it's just renpy, it must be possible. unren didn't seem to work.
The pretentious Dev will help you out .. Skip is "bugged out" at the moment - there's an updated version coming where I've fixed it.

In addition - you made me look into the "window" issue as somebody else mentioned it. This wasn't a "feature" - it was bugged.

If you click on a link in Fullscreen mode - it changes to Window mode and opens the link in a browser as opposed to doing the renp'y default of opening the link in the background with the user not sure if the click on the link has worked. When you go back into the VN and move on it should "remember" what screen mode you were in and revert. That was bugged out so I've took it out for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arguendo

ScornedBeef

May 30, 2022
The pretentious Dev will help you out .. Skip is "bugged out" at the moment - there's an updated version coming where I've fixed it.

In addition - you made me look into the "window" issue as somebody else mentioned it. This wasn't a "feature" - it was bugged.

If you click on a link in Fullscreen mode - it changes to Window mode and opens the link in a browser as opposed to doing the renp'y default of opening the link in the background with the user not sure if the click on the link has worked. When you go back into the VN and move on it should "remember" what screen mode you were in and revert. That was bugged out so I've took it out for now.
Only one page of saves too. 6 slots. is that a bug too?

well i'm glad you're looking into some of this and it was bugs. but here's the thing, if you make a game actively hostile to your players, their preferences, and their time, expect some hostility in return.

Rauko001

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2023
Only one page of saves too. 6 slots. is that a bug too?

well i'm glad you're looking into some of this and it was bugs. but here's the thing, if you make a game actively hostile to your players, their preferences, and their time, expect some hostility in return.
There's two pages of 6 slots (6 manual, 6 ironman) and it wasn't a bug. I genuinely didn't think people would need more than that. It's been expanded out in the next update to 30 total.

I'll remember your comments if I release a free early access chapter 1 in the future ..

ScrewMe

Apr 11, 2018
o_O the dev one of the dudes that helped me a lot with DAZ manuals on YT.
At this point I won't be surprised if there's WP Guru lurking somewhere in here aswell.

Will try this one out for sure.

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
You mean this?
Here you can see the difference well.

Normal (no opacity):
View attachment 3739093

And without opacity (it came by default in my language translation patch):
View attachment 3739094

The second is much better
For example, you can see Sofia's legs better...I haven't stopped looking at them:BootyTime:
View attachment 3739121
Yes much better! Now we just need the option to remove the avatar. Also, could those controls on the right side be made horizontal instead of vertical? They are blocking the image. Want to see more of her legs! lol

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zero-

Rauko001

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2023
Yes much better! Now we just need the option to remove the avatar. Also, could those controls on the right side be made horizontal instead of vertical? They are blocking the image. Want to see more of her legs! lol
New updates are currently uploading to the servers .. Removing the Avatar is an option

Am looking into making the horizontal quick icon bar an option also .. but might not be till Chapter 3 now

Rauko001

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2023
New versions uploaded.

I've not got ownership of the thread - so aren't able to change the links in the OP. Have asked ashitanojoe if they'll do the honours. Can get the for now ..

Changelog 1.1.22

· Increased the number of Manual and Ironman save slots to 15 on each
· Removed the means to delete a save file by hovering and hitting "delete"
· Added a "delete" button to the save slot which now deletes the save
· Added user descriptions to the file slot saves
· Added an "Edit" button to allow the edits of descriptions
· Fixed : Skip functionality
· Converted hard pauses in a few places to soft pauses
· Replaced "skip" timers with soft pauses due to confusion of a sizable minority
· Replaced a couple of animations with a couple of static screens where appropriate
· Added "End Movie" button to Golf Swing animation where it had been missed
· Added "Next Loop" button to applicable loop-able animations
· Added preference slider to adjust the opacity of the dialogue window
· Added option to hide the side avatars
· Edited an animation to allow a "Next Loop" button to be added
· Streamlined a few areas across Chapters 1
· Added preference to add outline to dialogue text (size 0 to 5)
· Fixed : Bug that was forcing Fullscreen when wanting to play in Window mode
· Fixed : Load / Save screen was sometimes loading the wrong save page
· Adjusted brightness level on a couple of title screens to make text more readable

KNOWN ISSUES

When clicking to edit a description - it won't load in the current description as a default. I've tried every which way I can but with no success as yet. So each description has to be entered as new.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arguendo and Zero-

Rauko001

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2023
In what way?

It's working fine here .. I don't know anything about the menu you've added at the bottom. Just use either CTRL to manually skip .. or use TAB to auto-skip

My guess is you've added the text based Quick Menu back in? In which case - the "skip" command is probably just commented out .. if you're in Screens - just find Screen Quick Menu and if Skip is commented out - just uncomment it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zero-
4.40 star(s) 5 Votes