xert13

Sep 24, 2023
this is one of those self-important pretentious devs that get really high on their own farts. you know there's a good chance you've found one of those when a renpy game defaults to fullscreen. "are you going to play the game as intended?" passive aggressive too. :poop:

just annoying.

anyway, how would one go about forcing renpy to allow skipping text? it's just renpy, it must be possible. unren didn't seem to work.

is there a way to go in and manually enable it, similar to how you might do it with the console? lol i tried switching a bunch of 'falses' to 'true' if they had anything to do with 'skip', but that didn't work.
Who doesn't get high on their own farts? Smelling one now...delish!

• Haha
Reactions: Zero-

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Rauko001 I added a link to your deviantart gallery in the op. I think that you can share from time to time some of your already made images in the thread 'show us your dazskill' https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/ I'm sure that many people there already know you for your tutorials, so, they perhaps support you with this project.

I recommend putting a banner of your game in your signature (300 x 125px or 450 x 125px are the conventional dimensions) and a link to this thread (you can add the link to the banner image), the patreon link and the social media ones, so, everytime you post the people can see them. You can edit your signature here https://f95zone.to/account/signature Or clicking your username at the top-right corner of this website and going to signature.

Regarding the new version, the number of save slots are enough for chapter 1 but I think those aren't going to be enough for the whole game, the devs usually allow unlimited save slots in renpy. The skip function didn't work with previous saves, but it works with a new game. Although I think there's no need to bother with that more time. A lot of people like to have the skip button visible, many don't know the right keys.

One last thing, the discord link inside the game send me to nowhere, it seems is incorrect. I would add it in the OP too.

Last edited:

Rauko001

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2023
the only bad thing about the patch

I can't believe they took seriously the comment that asked for less animations:HideThePain:
To be fair - there were one or two that were a little pointless. And the one in scene 1 where Jack checks his phone - I didn't like the animation anyway .. hehe .. so it gave me an excuse to get rid.

I won't be cutting down on animations moving forward. I've just finished rendering a 35 second animation to open Chapter 3 with (skippable for those who don't like 'em!) .. but I will be more discerning in where and when to drop animations in.

Last edited:

Rauko001

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2023
Rauko001 I added a link to your deviantart gallery in the op. I think that you can share from time to time some of your already made images in the thread 'show us your dazskill' https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/ I'm sure that many people there already know you for your tutorials, so, they perhaps support you with this project.

I recommend putting a banner of your game in your signature (300 x 125px or 450 x 125px are the conventional dimensions) and a link to this thread (you can add the link to the banner image), the patreon link and the social media ones, so, everytime you post the people can see them. You can edit your signature here https://f95zone.to/account/signature Or clicking your username at the top-right corner of this website and going to signature.

Regarding the new version, the number of save slots are enough for chapter 1 but I think those aren't going to be enough for the whole game, the devs usually allow unlimited save slots in renpy. The skip function didn't work with previous saves, but it works with a new game. Although I think there's no need to bother with that more time. A lot of people like to have the skip button visible, many don't know the right keys.

One last thing, the discord link inside the game send me to nowhere, it seems is incorrect. I would add it in the OP too.
I am looking into the number of save slots. At the moment - the separate pages for Manual and Ironman replace the usual "A Q 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9" stuff - so I'll have to look at a different way of presenting.

"The skip function didn't work with previous saves, but it works with a new game"

I wonder if that's the old preferences being saved with the old game save? I don't have an old save lying around to check it. Can you check for me that it's just not turning the options off in the options menu and turning them on, works

As the discord link - I think the only one in there is at the end of Chapter 1? But .. it works fine for me

EDIT : I've looked into the old saves not skipping thing .. I found an old save from a few weeks back .. yeah, as I thought .. there's a system variable called _skipping which can directly allow or disallow skipping. By default - you don't even set it in the code. Old saves seem to have that set to false (I don't know why .. ) which is preventing skipping .. When I blunt force set it to True after an old Save loads - skipping works on the old save. So I'll have to have a think on what to do with that ..

Last edited:

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
I am looking into the number of save slots. At the moment - the separate pages for Manual and Ironman replace the usual "A Q 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9" stuff - so I'll have to look at a different way of presenting.

"The skip function didn't work with previous saves, but it works with a new game"

I wonder if that's the old preferences being saved with the old game save? I don't have an old save lying around to check it. Can you check for me that it's just not turning the options off in the options menu and turning them on, works

As the discord link - I think the only one in there is at the end of Chapter 1? But .. it works fine for me

EDIT : I've looked into the old saves not skipping thing .. I found an old save from a few weeks back .. yeah, as I thought .. there's a system variable called _skipping which can directly allow or disallow skipping. By default - you don't even set it in the code. Old saves seem to have that set to false (I don't know why .. ) which is preventing skipping .. When I blunt force set it to True after an old Save loads - skipping works on the old save. So I'll have to have a think on what to do with that ..
It's the discord link at the end of the chapter. I think the link works for people who already are in that discord channel, you need to put an invitation link instead

Rauko001

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2023
It's the discord link at the end of the chapter. I think the link works for people who already are in that discord channel, you need to put an invitation link instead
Ah right .. I'm all new to Discord so don't really know how it works .. :D

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
BehindTheCurtain-CH1v1.1.22
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

Reactions: WakamoSato

Zero-

Mar 22, 2023
And the one in scene 1 where Jack checks his phone - I didn't like the animation anyway
Jackie-Chan-Confused-meme-qiev6.jpeg

But that was precisely the BEST...it gave life to the scene, to the game

Now it's just a static render.
So Jack was actually receiving a call or message from Bex... now it seems like Jack is just seeing a photo of Bex without anything else...

Rauko001

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2023
View attachment 3753312

But that was precisely the BEST...it gave life to the scene, to the game

Now it's just a static render.
So Jack was actually receiving a call or message from Bex... now it seems like Jack is just seeing a photo of Bex without anything else...
He was always just looking at the photo .. he checked his messages, there were none and then looked at the wallpaper on his phone which is an image of Bex. There was no message. No phone call. Nothing. But even you thought it was something else. The information given is that, despite just about to go back to Sophies - he was looking at and smiling at an image of his wife. To make her real and not just a name. That can be done in a couple of images instead of .. what? .. 10 seconds of animation.

As I mentioned above - I'm not pulling away from animations. But to make them more informative when included.

Zero-

Mar 22, 2023
But even you thought it was something else.
Yep, I thought I had received a message from Bex telling me to come back earlier...for that reason we had to choose whether to leave Sofía alone or not when leaving her at home

That can be done in a couple of images instead of .. what? .. 10 seconds of animation.
But the animation is better, more expressive and more lively than a render, the famous phrase "quantity is not better than quality", although in the AVN I don't know if this is always the case, in this case, I think it is

Rauko001

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2023
Yep, I thought I had received a message from Bex telling me to come back earlier...for that reason we had to choose whether to leave Sofía alone or not when leaving her at home
That's why I didn't like the anim. It wasn't as clear as I wanted it to be. The idea of it was to look at the photo and attempt to show him having .. doubt? I don't know if that's the right word .. throughout the scene he was on edge, looking around all the time, slightly nervous about being seen .. and then he's looking at the photo obviously happy at looking at her and what he doesn't want to lose. But that wasn't as clear as I wanted it to be. Now, I'm open to redoing the anim if I can figure out what I wanted to get across - but felt in this update just having him looking at the photo would suffice.

Zero-

Mar 22, 2023
That's why I didn't like the anim. It wasn't as clear as I wanted it to be. The idea of it was to look at the photo and attempt to show him having .. doubt? I don't know if that's the right word .. throughout the scene he was on edge, looking around all the time, slightly nervous about being seen .. and then he's looking at the photo obviously happy at looking at her and what he doesn't want to lose. But that wasn't as clear as I wanted it to be. Now, I'm open to redoing the anim if I can figure out what I wanted to get across - but felt in this update just having him looking at the photo would suffice.
don't get scratched ,the scene is well done... it's a matter of interpretation.

I have not been able to interpret it "correctly" either with the static render or with the animation, that depends on one's own interpretation at the time.

My thing was more that between the first version and the patch (less animations) the first is better, the rest is what you think

xert13

Sep 24, 2023
To be fair - there were one or two that were a little pointless. And the one in scene 1 where Jack checks his phone - I didn't like the animation anyway .. hehe .. so it gave me an excuse to get rid.

I won't be cutting down on animations moving forward. I've just finished rendering a 35 second animation to open Chapter 3 with (skippable for those who don't like 'em!) .. but I will be more discerning in where and when to drop animations in.
The Jack checks his phone animation was the key to the whole chapter! It underscored the duality of man and the struggle of Id vs. Ego!

(Was that believable?)

• Hey there
Reactions: Zero-

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
The option for removing the avatar and transparency for the text box is very much appreciated! Good work there. I can enjoy the story more now. But if you can move those control buttons horizontally that will be great as well. Thanks.

Rauko001

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2023
The option for removing the avatar and transparency for the text box is very much appreciated! Good work there. I can enjoy the story more now. But if you can move those control buttons horizontally that will be great as well. Thanks.
I'll be presenting the option to change the icons to horizontal in the preferences menu in the next update ..

Reactions: Nitwitty
4.40 star(s) 5 Votes