FatDragonite

Feb 13, 2019
I thought David was updating alias art to make her a bit older so that he can make content for her without hiding it? Or am I smoking something?

Jackie123

May 2, 2018
I thought David was updating alias art to make her a bit older so that he can make content for her without hiding it? Or am I smoking something?
he is doing an general rework of alia because he had some new model ideas for her. you know "young" looking isnt that big of a deal. as long as you state it in your game that everyone is over 18, she could look like 12 but shes (18) so yeah.

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
he is doing an general rework of alia because he had some new model ideas for her. you know "young" looking isnt that big of a deal. as long as you state it in your game that everyone is over 18, she could look like 12 but shes (18) so yeah.
Since in the game you see her birth and at the end "10 years later" you see her as a young girl, I don't think it' so easy, especially considering how strict Patreon can be...

MrHOBO

Jan 9, 2018
Does this mean that the "Voice" is now useless on Lady Jessica now that she can resist it?

Jackie123

May 2, 2018
very nice. i still think there should be a sex scene between yueh and paul or yueh and jessica when youre investigating her
i hope we can see yueh fuck atleast somebody in this game (females i hope) like harah or jessica

Dec 26, 2019
guys, Is it just me or David is a little bit lazy? look his art is awesome and I love it, but the content that he adds to the game is nothing at all! like 20 new renders per year or even less ! the game is 4 years old! the Vega Hunters is also a big mess.
Im not even sure if he is doing this full time or not

Reactions: Duriel

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
guys, Is it just me or David is a little bit lazy? look his art is awesome and I love it, but the content that he adds to the game is nothing at all! like 20 new renders per year or even less ! the game is 4 years old! the Vega Hunters is also a big mess.
Im not even sure if he is doing this full time or not
It is not unusual unfortunately to see many artists seemingly "milking" the patreon system more or less.

I still remember at the beginning of Dune and David's patreon, the very first goals were that he wanted to recruit additional people to make backgrounds, aliens and music (its still on the patreon page btw), so that he could focus his time on making more females/scenes. He went WAY past that goal, but to me it looks like he is indeed adding content at a slower rate compared to when he started out and... has anybody heard new music at all?.

Also the story is pretty much complete, so he has been in the process of adding bits here and there and "perfecting" the product, that should be somewhat less time consuming compared to when he was making story/background/characters/scenes from scrap, with each update coming ripe with new stuff and progression.

I respect the man's work and really like it despite not every kink being up my alley, but I can't help thinking the same indeed.

David Balsamique

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2019
Hello!
I can understand you think it goes too slowly. I feel that too, but I'm alone and since I don't use Renpy, RPG maker,etc. (to fit my ideas) I have to code everything. It takes at least a third of my time (the monthly new quests/dialogues, code the interactivity of the new animations and debug what the new elements broke). Making an illustration can be fast (1.5 days), but cut it into pieces and animate it multiplies by 2 or more.
It's true I try to build a team for years. I was near to succedd with Vega Hunters. The illustrators for backgrounds and male/monsters help me a lot and that period was my most efficient. BUT I failed to lead de development. I understood why and I do things differently for the Chose Your Adventure app that I do on week-ends: have a finished prototype so all the team know where it goes and don't lose courage. I kept all the money I made to pay the team when it's ready (this summer).
I wish I master the Tenshinhan technique to be able to do 3 copies of myslef :)

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
I wish I master the Tenshinhan technique to be able to do 3 copies of myslef :)
Who didn't :whistle:?

Though in all seriousness, I believe it is kind of an annoying situation for creators aswell, given how many do indeed take advantage of the overly generous patreon's kindness (ingenuity) and their money.
Even those who do work more honestly than others are bound to face similar distrust or nasty thoughts from users (patreons or not) as soon as something feels amiss.

Transparency and Communication are key in most situations, even coming out clean regarding the patreon goal was indeed helpful to let patreons (or potential ones) better understand what you have in store.

Having said that, really looking forward to Behind the dune future endeavors. I hope, if you do happen to make a team, that you will eventually get back to it to add all that nice music and stuff that you couldn't implement before :giggle:.

Reactions: David Balsamique
4.40 star(s) 98 Votes