mag5246

Jun 3, 2017
The game seems to have been finished 100 years ago. What do they add all the time? Side quests or new branches?

jsmitth529

Mar 4, 2020
The game seems to have been finished 100 years ago. What do they add all the time? Side quests or new branches?
Additions to the story and more scenes have been added over time, bit by bit. The main story is finished, yes, but by no means is the game really considered 'done'. Even if the developer is taking a break after this last update to work on some other stuff, they still plan to add content in the future as their fanbase is still very much interested in this project.

Reactions: mag5246

aris666

Jan 6, 2020
taking into account minimal amount of content in the updates and amount of support the project has... fuck.. if only devs would deliver product proportionate to the support

jsmitth529

Mar 4, 2020
taking into account minimal amount of content in the updates and amount of support the project has... fuck.. if only devs would deliver product proportionate to the support
Well, the scenes are pretty much all animated, and all the work is done by like, one person? So yeah, it's gonna be slow. That and the developer has wanted to work on other projects for some time now, as they've stated multiple times, but they keep getting pulled back into doing little updates for this game because that's what their fanbase wants, and they feel like they have to deliver. It's why they're taking a break now, to finally work on what they want to.

Reactions: STNGRAY

aris666

Jan 6, 2020
If I would be taking such long breaks at my work - I would be fired already. And why he is working alone, wasn't he supposed to get help from other artists (as patreon goal is reached). Well, as long as patrons are happy, good for them..

macrutt

Jun 5, 2017
Most motherfuckers you're waiting for a year for them to unfuck themselves enough for an update, then there's Balsamique, who WILL NOT STOP UPDATING THIS ONE GAME.

Also, my god, Dune is to be released on a streaming platform instead of prioritised for massive screens? Is this story fucking cursed?

manneychin

May 8, 2017
Probably by looking at the changelog, as is usual when searching for what is new in an update, as it clearly states what content has been added. If you don't want to look at that, how else do you expect someone to find new content other than just blindly searching for it? I'm genuinely curious about what other alternative you apparently think there is.
I'm 100% curious about the same thing. The two available options to experience new content are SO unspeakably boring to me. One gives up surprises before you get a chance to discover them and the other is for robots who have the time & patience to click click click on everything every time.

If you really want me to tell you how the player could be guided to new content in an enjoyable way:

• Create a mechanism to resume from old saves
  • Create a scenes gallery where new or unexperienced scenes are listed as NEW/UNSEEN
  • Create an achievements gallery where new or unexperienced options in sex scenes are highlighted NEW/UNSEEN (e.g. maybe you haven't fucked a certain character in the ass in some scene either because it wasn't possible in the past or because you just omitted to do so)
  • Create a quest tracker where large quests are listed as either COMPLETED or not

There are options but none of them are implemented by this game, which is why I'm puzzled that there are enough fans getting an enjoyable experience from new releases to the point where it's worth to keep them coming 5+ years later.

Just skip the updates lol. Most patreon games are worth checking once a year/6 month.
This is what I've been doing for YEARS with this game. I know story-wise it's been completed long ago but I still want to wait for it's COMPLETED version so that I can experience everything in one go.

dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
"Behind the Dune is parody of the epic science fiction novel and movie called "Dune" written and directed by David Luch"

Someone needs to tell the developer/uploader that the novel was written by Frank Herbert, and the 1984 movie screenplay was written by the director of the movie, David LYNCH.

David Luch? Never heard of him. Apparently, the author of the description has no idea who wrote DUNE, which is a masterpiece both as a movie and as a novel.
lol nice one.
But don't worry, that was probably written in a drunken state. His Discord server has a channel for the novel:
behindTheDuneDiscord.png

Please tell me you support this dev on Patreon and aren't a leecher...

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
I'm 100% curious about the same thing. The two available options to experience new content are SO unspeakably boring to me. One gives up surprises before you get a chance to discover them and the other is for robots who have the time & patience to click click click on everything every time.

If you really want me to tell you how the player could be guided to new content in an enjoyable way:

• Create a mechanism to resume from old saves
  • Create a scenes gallery where new or unexperienced scenes are listed as NEW/UNSEEN
  • Create an achievements gallery where new or unexperienced options in sex scenes are highlighted NEW/UNSEEN (e.g. maybe you haven't fucked a certain character in the ass in some scene either because it wasn't possible in the past or because you just omitted to do so)
  • Create a quest tracker where large quests are listed as either COMPLETED or not

There are options but none of them are implemented by this game, which is why I'm puzzled that there are enough fans getting an enjoyable experience from new releases to the point where it's worth to keep them coming 5+ years later.

This is what I've been doing for YEARS with this game. I know story-wise it's been completed long ago but I still want to wait for it's COMPLETED version so that I can experience everything in one go.
You do realize that it's a flash game, right?

4.40 star(s) 98 Votes