Erudito

Mar 10, 2018
I've been waiting for years to play the completed version, turns out now it's "no longer completed" ... I guess I have to wait a few more years :(

I bet we are going to need internet archeologists to dig out a flash player that will be able to run this once it's finally completed.
In many ways,this game is 100% complete. What he's doing now is essentially making "dlc" contents

Reactions: Zeppole

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
In many ways,this game is 100% complete. What he's doing now is essentially making "dlc" contents
And you couldn't be more wrong than ever. Behind the Dune will never be 100%. Because you can always add more and more content. DLC or not. I know he is probably so very tired of dune, but Dune = his most popular and will remain that way.

Dune is where the Heart lies. That is what they say!

factyma666

Mar 28, 2019
still making "dlc" contents - this is why I haven't played or bought some of the most popular indie and AAA games on the market, I don't want to waste time plaing an inferior version of a game because developers found out they can make so much more money by milking this games as a service model.
/rant

most of what I said above does not apply to Behind the Dune as it's more of a critique for the general zeitgeist in the gaming industry these days, but it still irks me the way this one went from completed to continued development. I really just want to play the full game from start to finish not come back here every few months to collect a few more scenes. If there was a sequel or expansion (Dune Messiah?) that would be a totally different story.

reynold.biplane

Dec 11, 2018
still making "dlc" contents - this is why I haven't played or bought some of the most popular indie and AAA games on the market, I don't want to waste time plaing an inferior version of a game because developers found out they can make so much more money by milking this games as a service model.
/rant

most of what I said above does not apply to Behind the Dune as it's more of a critique for the general zeitgeist in the gaming industry these days, but it still irks me the way this one went from completed to continued development. I really just want to play the full game from start to finish not come back here every few months to collect a few more scenes. If there was a sequel or expansion (Dune Messiah?) that would be a totally different story.
But it is the full experience, though. Unlike many modern games, BtD was not intended to be continually developed forever. It was finished and it still is. But due to its popularity the game gets a few extra scenes every now and then. So what? At no point in the game do you get the feeling, that something is missing. Just enjoy the game as it is now. And then come back 5 years later. Nobody forces you to play every update.

Erudito

Mar 10, 2018
^ This. David was already done with the story and content. But because of its popularity+whiny fans, he's been adding content here and there whilst developing other games. And even then there would still be people whining. Either people be "this game has not enough content" and "he's milking the game". Man, devs can't take a break sometimes.

Reactions: Sasanid and Dispray

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
^ This. David was already done with the story and content. But because of its popularity+whiny fans, he's been adding content here and there whilst developing other games. And even then there would still be people whining. Either people be "this game has not enough content" and "he's milking the game". Man, devs can't take a break sometimes.
OR people don't like his other games. That's always an option.

dudeguy23

May 22, 2018
OR people don't like his other games. That's always an option.
vega hunters had some actual gameplay instead of being a extremely basic point and click adventure and his new game is so early in development that it's impossible to say whether or not is good or bad.
people need to stop trying to influence devs with borderline threats of "i'll only keep paying if he does x".
the game is done, anything else is a bonus. let balsamique just make whatever he wants to make. as far as i know, dude has been pretty consistent on releases his entire patreon career. so instead of everyone saying that his new game is trash before the game even has a considerable amount of content, maybe y'all should wait and see what balsa has in mind. patreon is supossed to be used to support devs in their projects, not force them into making what we want.

i was going to keep quiet with this insane discussion, but guys, balsamique is trying to make something new, for the first time since vega hunters. maybe we should be a little supportive and share our opinions and criticisms in a nice, constructive way, instead of regressing into manchildren that whine and whine that a game that has been completed for years a this point isn't getting any new free updates.

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
vega hunters had some actual gameplay instead of being a extremely basic point and click adventure and his new game is so early in development that it's impossible to say whether or not is good or bad.
people need to stop trying to influence devs with borderline threats of "i'll only keep paying if he does x".
the game is done, anything else is a bonus. let balsamique just make whatever he wants to make. as far as i know, dude has been pretty consistent on releases his entire patreon career. so instead of everyone saying that his new game is trash before the game even has a considerable amount of content, maybe y'all should wait and see what balsa has in mind. patreon is supossed to be used to support devs in their projects, not force them into making what we want.

i was going to keep quiet with this insane discussion, but guys, balsamique is trying to make something new, for the first time since vega hunters. maybe we should be a little supportive and share our opinions and criticisms in a nice, constructive way, instead of regressing into manchildren that whine and whine that a game that has been completed for years a this point isn't getting any new free updates.
Why would people pay, and support something they don't like? I'm not saying whine and complain like some people, but don't do the opposite either and support whatever he does when you only liked Behind the Dune.

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021

lol.... Well guess what, A lot of his supporters want dune, not a new game. We all want more content for dune. We arn't going to support some new game, we support dune. Dune is what it is all about. No matter how much content that gets added. Dune is it. If you want to support for his new game go ahead. but I am not the only one who has or is pulling their support, because he is dropping dune. We pay for what we want. We want *Dune*.....

Reactions: -Yor-0728

Erudito

Mar 10, 2018
lol.... Well guess what, A lot of his supporters want dune, not a new game. We all want more content for dune. We arn't going to support some new game, we support dune. Dune is what it is all about. No matter how much content that gets added. Dune is it. If you want to support for his new game go ahead. but I am not the only one who has or is pulling their support, because he is dropping dune. We pay for what we want. We want *Dune*.....
So many "We". Who's we? Are you Venom?

dudeguy23

May 22, 2018
dude, you can choose to pay or not for whatever you want, that's not the point. the point is, it is really shitty to try and pressure a dev into making what YOU want. the patreon is not made to fund the dune game, it's made to fund all of balsamique's projects. be they art, games or even 3d renders.
also YOU want dune, not we.
also also, he's not dropping dune, you are being very misleading in implying he gave up on the game. dune is finished, has been for a while and balsamique is STILL making new updates on occasion, dude even went as far as to get his patreon in potential trouble by adding more alia content.

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
dude, you can choose to pay or not for whatever you want, that's not the point. the point is, it is really shitty to try and pressure a dev into making what YOU want. the patreon is not made to fund the dune game, it's made to fund all of balsamique's projects. be they art, games or even 3d renders.
also YOU want dune, not we.
also also, he's not dropping dune, you are being very misleading in implying he gave up on the game. dune is finished, has been for a while and balsamique is STILL making new updates on occasion, dude even went as far as to get his patreon in potential trouble by adding more alia content.
IF no one wanted dune, this thread would be empty :/

Last edited:

factyma666

Mar 28, 2019
If that is the case an easy solution that would please everyone imo is to continue the dune saga, there are like 5-6? books that could all be turned into new sexy dune games.

INCZIIDNiyvte

Mar 2, 2021
I have a problem with the saving system in the game it doesn't work, how am i suppose to save my progress without losing it when i quit or restart the game ?

4.40 star(s) 98 Votes