Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
DPC completely failed Jill, but we, creators, can make Jill great again.
To be honest, I am not the most creative person by any stretch of imagination. So far, every single rendering I've posted was inspired by an actual photograph. But I am enjoying working with Daz a lot and that makes it worth it by itself for me. :D

Yeah, I gave up on finding an exact match. They appear similar to the MMX Beautiful eyes series, but the blood shot isn't as severe or covers all the white like this, and it is brighter. I also noticed the dark solid green band that goes around the iris outer part that isn't in any of the MMX eyes. Could be a Genesis 3 only product as much of this character was originally G3. Hard to say. The default Aurora eyes has a subtle amount of bloodshot and there's green, so I settled on that.

I done a little more searching but I don't see t hat solid dark band at all. I wonder if this was custom made with an MMX texture slapped on the middle of an existing eye?
Well, enough said. If you haven't had any luck, given your inspiring record, then the prospect of getting her scleras truer to the original seems more distant than ever.

He does use the Octane render engine, a lot of his textures look different, when compared to a daz Iray, due to the different engine, it might even be a part of a shader package specifically for Octane.
I see. That would explain it, all right.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Was she ever great? :Kappa:
In the first season she was not bad, and when she cooled down Rusty it was her best moment.
To be honest, I am not the most creative person by any stretch of imagination. So far, every single rendering I've posted was inspired by an actual photograph. But I am enjoying working with Daz a lot and that makes it worth it by itself for me. :D
This is fine. We all draw inspiration from somewhere, and sometimes it comes quite by accident.
Some things I plan to do, but many come unexpectedly, even while listening to music. For example, the idea to dress Zoey in Liara's outfit and place her in a space environment came to me when I was listening Mass Effect soundtrack.
Just go with a flow.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
vendarr
For the life of me I can't figure out which asset this is from;

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/mithwe/BB Alice/...

It is part of your Sally .duf file. I thought I had a lot of stuff loaded in my 'complete' DAZ library, but I have nothing from mithwe.

vendarr

Jan 22, 2019
vendarr
For the life of me I can't figure out which asset this is from;

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/mithwe/BB Alice/...

It is part of your Sally .duf file. I thought I had a lot of stuff loaded in my 'complete' DAZ library, but I have nothing from mithwe.
Hmm... I am not exactly an expert on .duf files and am not sure how this ended up being referenced there. But I think you should be fine to ignore these particular files when loading the model. They shouldn't impact the result. I think they shouldn't even be referenced there... Sorry for the confusion.

Please tell me if it works when ignoring this. Hope it does.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hmm... I am not exactly an expert on .duf files and am not sure how this ended up being referenced there. But I think you should be fine to ignore these particular files when loading the model. They shouldn't impact the result. I think they shouldn't even be referenced there... Sorry for the confusion.

Please tell me if it works when ignoring this. Hope it does.
As much as I appreciate all the work people put in to share their .duf files, sadly, I gave up on your Sally. It was just too many little things that I don't have time for that made her a bit too much work to get up and running.

Please note that these are just my own personal nitpiks and you should make zero inference as to the great work you are doing to modify Night Hacker's dufs. Here is why I gave up:

Clothing, why clothe her in the first place. Not everyone has every clothing asset installed.
Pose is not the traditional A pose, I have to unpose her to repose her.
Additional assets not needed to render Sally; environment, lighting, cameras.
Genitalia, not everyone uses Golden Palace.

Maybe someday, when I have actually nothing else to do, I will go back and and 'fix' these issues for my own entertainment. I will keep the duf on my drive until that day arrives.

To answer your question directly, yes she loads when ignoring those few morphs labeled BBAlice.

Reactions: vendarr

vendarr

Jan 22, 2019
As much as I appreciate all the work people put in to share their .duf files, sadly, I gave up on your Sally. It was just too many little things that I don't have time for that made her a bit too much work to get up and running.

Please note that these are just my own personal nitpiks and you should make zero inference as to the great work you are doing to modify Night Hacker's dufs. Here is why I gave up:

Clothing, why clothe her in the first place. Not everyone has every clothing asset installed.
Pose is not the traditional A pose, I have to unpose her to repose her.
Additional assets not needed to render Sally; environment, lighting, cameras.
Genitalia, not everyone uses Golden Palace.

Maybe someday, when I have actually nothing else to do, I will go back and and 'fix' these issues for my own entertainment. I will keep the duf on my drive until that day arrives.

To answer your question directly, yes she loads when ignoring those few morphs labeled BBAlice.
Perfectly understand you. And sorry for the trouble.
Those are the first .duf files I ever shared, so there's a lot of noobiness involved obviously.

I will go over the files again and delete all the unnecessary stuff like poses, clothes and lighting - but I actually believe you can safely ignore those things when loading. And you can just delete golden palace and its shell and instead use your preferred alternative. - But as I said, I get you.

Thank you for the feedback! :)

Last edited:

vendarr

Jan 22, 2019
I just needed to try my hands on Maya. She is G8 and I think she turned out really nice. Not based on Night Hacker 's .duf files, for once.

Maya 001.png

Maya 002.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Well, now I guess, I have to hook her up with Josy, right...?

Body: Aurore for G3 and G8
Hair: Riona for G3 and G8
Skin: Angel HD for G8
Make-up: Ultimate Make-Up
Gens: Golden Palace

In case someone likes her, the .duf is attached.
Please note that it contains clothes and lights. Those you can ignore when loading. And if you don't use Golden Palace, also ignore and just delete Golden Palace gens and shell after loading.

I will upload my .duf files without those unnecessary references soon. But it should also be no big deal as is.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I just needed to try my hands on Maya. She is G8 and I think she turned out really nice. Not based on Night Hacker 's .duf files, for once.

View attachment 2885798

View attachment 2885800

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Well, now I guess, I have to hook her up with Josy, right...?

Body: Aurore for G3 and G8
Hair: Riona for G3 and G8
Skin: Angel HD for G8
Make-up: Ultimate Make-Up
Gens: Golden Palace

In case someone likes her, the .duf is attached.
Please note that it contains clothes and lights. Those you can ignore when loading. And if you don't use Golden Palace, also ignore and just delete Golden Palace gens and shell after loading.

I will upload my .duf files without those unnecessary references soon. But it should also be no big deal as is.
Fooling around on me already! :cry:

She's a nice looking character for sure, but to be 100% honest, her face doesn't look like Maya's. Still, nice work... even if you now hate my DUFs and spit in my face... don't feel guilty! ;):p

Hypnos._

Dec 19, 2022
He does use the Octane render engine, a lot of his textures look different, when compared to a daz Iray, due to the different engine, it might even be a part of a shader package specifically for Octane.
What makes you say this, has he said this himself? Because rendering with Octane would be a huge pain for a game his scale because alot of the textures need to be updated for Octane, like i'd imagine nearly all of them. And DPC likes to be efficient, would he really go this route with an alternative render engine?

vendarr

Jan 22, 2019
Fooling around on me already! :cry:

She's a nice looking character for sure, but to be 100% honest, her face doesn't look like Maya's. Still, nice work... even if you now hate my DUFs and spit in my face... don't feel guilty! ;):p
Haha, you know I love you, man. And I value your feedback. Just wanted a G8 Maya and yours is G3. Otherwise she would have been my base for sure. There's no way around your girls, if we want them to be as close to the originals as possible. And in most cases, I want that too.

For Maya, I took some more liberties for sure. (Same as with Tybalt.) But in my eyes she is still very close and recognizable. She turned out more like I feel she should look, ideally. And I also wanted her to be more in line with my other reworked characters.

I concur, she might not be to the liking of BaDIK purists.

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
What makes you say this, has he said this himself? Because rendering with Octane would be a huge pain for a game his scale because alot of the textures need to be updated for Octane, like i'd imagine nearly all of them. And DPC likes to be efficient, would he really go this route with an alternative render engine?
I never read anything official, just someone's post in the game thread itself. You're right everything does need to be converted, but only once, and if you're doing thousands of renders year after year using those converted assets and those renders are faster in Octane, it makes sense, and the more he converts the quicker it will go. For one off renders or a short story, it would be a waste of time, for sure.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes