Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Hypnos._

Dec 19, 2022
I never read anything official, just someone's post in the game thread itself. You're right everything does need to be converted, but only once, and if you're doing thousands of renders year after year using those converted assets and those renders are faster in Octane, it makes sense, and the more he converts the quicker it will go. For one off renders or a short story, it would be a waste of time, for sure.

I looked into Octane a little bit, and the renders just look inferior. I can't imagine that DPC used this render engine, unless its had crazy updates since 2020 that completely changed the way the renders look. Actually, Being A DIK was in production before 2020, so Octane would actually be the same. I only brought this up because I've seen you say a few times that DPC uses Octane to render, and i just wanted to ask why. I disagree though

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Haha, you know I love you, man. And I value your feedback. Just wanted a G8 Maya and yours is G3. Otherwise she would have been my base for sure. There's no way around your girls, if we want them to be as close to the originals as possible. And in most cases, I want that too.

For Maya, I took some more liberties for sure. (Same as with Tybalt.) But in my eyes she is still very close and recognizable. She turned out more like I feel she should look, ideally. And I also wanted her to be more in line with my other reworked characters.

I concur, she might not be to the liking of BaDIK purists.
I was just looking over her character again and I am working on a new G8F version. Shouldn't take long. At the time I made her, I did not like G8 as there were too many bugs with the eyes of some characters (still are), but can tolerate them more now. I still don't see a real advantage to using a G8 over a G3 in most cases BUT... I can do it as G8 now so I will. Working on it at the moment actually.

Last edited:

vendarr

Jan 22, 2019
I was just looking over her character again and I am working on a new G8F version. Shouldn't take long. At the time I made her, I did not like G8 as there were too many bugs with the eyes of some characters (still are), but can tolerate them more now. I still don't see a real advantage to using a G3 over a G8 in most cases BUT... I can do it as G8 now so I will. Working on it at the moment actually.
Cool!
Looking forward to what you might come up with! :)

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I updated Maya to a Genesis 8 Female character with NGV8 genitals instead. She is otherwise the same in appearance.

Maya (G8F) Assets
Body:
Skin: (works on G8F)
Hair:
Genitals:

Note: To change her makeup etc... go to Genesis 3 Female and look for Yolanda (will be near the bottom of your character listing). These all work on the G8F.

View attachment 2888318

As always, here's the scene subset for her...
View attachment 2888321
I updated Maya so she's now a Genesis 8 Female. She otherwise looks identical to the G3F (well, I updated her genitals to NGV8 over NGV7 I used the last time).

I didn't use any conversion scripts, I recreated her from scratch, using the same shapes as before, same assets. This is all at the same Maya link as my list of assets I have in my signature, I just deleted the old G3F stuff and replaced it with G8. The render in this is also the newer G8F.

vendarr

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019

I looked into Octane a little bit, and the renders just look inferior. I can't imagine that DPC used this render engine, unless its had crazy updates since 2020 that completely changed the way the renders look. Actually, Being A DIK was in production before 2020, so Octane would actually be the same. I only brought this up because I've seen you say a few times that DPC uses Octane to render, and i just wanted to ask why. I disagree though
You might be right, Either way I'm not too fussed one way or the other, I'm just repeating what someone else wrote. With that said, I'm still not 100% sure he's using standard Daz Iray.
I watched this series on Youtube and personally I think the renders are pretty good, it looks like a head fuck to use, for sure, but so did Daz to some degree when I switched from Poser.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hypnos._

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
-You're actually very pretty. You'd make a killing at the club
-What club?
-The Pink Rose. You know how to dance?
-What kind of dance are you talking about?
-You know, that kind where you gyrate your hips. Come to my room later, I'll tell you more. In private.

Poleshow1.1.jpg

PoleShow2.1.jpg

PoleShow3.1.jpg

- Josy! Out of the rest of the HOTs not here right now... Who do you rather make out with if you had to? And don't you dare drink!
- If I had to? Damn you.. Lily, maybe?
PoleShow4.png

Last edited:

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
-You're actially very pretty. You'd make a killing at the club
-What club?
-The Pink Rose. You know how to dance?
-What kind of dance are you talking about?
-You know, yhe kind where you gyrate your hips. Come to my room later, I'll tell you more. In private.

View attachment 2889765

View attachment 2889766

View attachment 2889768

- Josy! Out of the rest of the HOTs not here right now... Who do you rather make out with if you had to? And don't you dare drink!
- If I had to? Damn you.. Lily, maybe?
View attachment 2889835
So cool, Geralt! :love: More in particular, I like the lighting and love the smoky atmosphere.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
So cool, Geralt! :love: More in particular, I like the lighting and love the smoky atmosphere.
Thank you Jumbi! The lighting in this environment is unrealistically cool, I only added a bit of my own to light up the faces because they were too shadowy. I had to render in 12k samples and still needed a post-denoiser.

Reactions: Jumbi

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Night Hacker

You are doing a great job on the G8 remakes. I wish I was that patient. I am using the XTransfer script myself as I find it more accurate than the other scripts out there. Regarding the eyes, note that DAZ actually changed the eye movements from G3 to G8, and a lot of very early G8 stuff in the DAZ store tried to preserve the way the eyes moved when creating their new G87 creations. The eyes are 180° out of alignment from G3 to G8 (according to DAZ). If you use a conversion script and lock orientation you end up with a whole shitstorm of issues with the eyes in your converted G8. If you do not orient anything, the new model inherits the bone orientation of the base G8 asset, so the eyes will work like any other G8 model. I have learned this all by trial and error and in doing a lot of conversions. It is not always easy to recreate without conversion, so I admire your dedication.

Now if I could only convince you to look over the few missing character in "Halfway House"! :whistle: :)

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Thank you Jumbi! The lighting in this environment is unrealistically cool, I only added a bit of my own to light up the faces because they were too shadowy. I had to render in 12k samples and still needed a post-denoiser.
Wow! With 12K samples, I imagine each one of those must take quite long to render.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes