Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

vendarr

Jan 22, 2019
do the same to Bella and Sage man. that looks great
Haha, thank you!
Bella from Night Hacker is already quite perfect, I think. Already played around with her very briefly here. Just edited some minor body details to my taste. Better not to try perfecting perfection. :ROFLMAO: I think girls like Sally, Camila or Elena are more in need of some kind of makeover to have them look a bit more realistic - and getting on par with Bella or Jill.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Hey guys,

I'm trying to work with P3D Imogen for Victoria 8 to make something featuring Jill. But I can't help but think that the model I get when I load that character differs substantially from the actual thing.

For reference, this is like Night Hacker's Jill looks:

And this is how it looks when I load my copy of P3D Imogen into Daz:

hmm.png

Pay attention to both her nose and her mouth. Why do they look so different when compared to the reference model? I was under the impression that Jill was pretty much 100 % Imogen out of the box. I've also tried loading Victoria 8 HD firstly and then apply Imogen to her, to see if that made any difference. But it doesn't. Do I have to apply morphs? Is my copy of Imogen messed up? LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: tomyboy06

vendarr

Jan 22, 2019
Hey guys,

I'm trying to work with P3D Imogen for Victoria 8 to make something featuring Jill. But I can't help but think that the model I get when I load that character differs substantially from the actual thing.

View attachment 2881190

Pay attention to both her nose and her mouth. Why do they look so different when compared to the reference model? I was under the impression that Jill was pretty much 100 % Imogen out of the box. I've also tried loading Victoria 8 HD firstly and then apply Imogen to her, to see if that made any difference. But it doesn't. Do I have to apply morphs? Is it my copy of Imogen messed up? LOL
I'd recommend to download and install the scene subset (.duf) file from Night Hacker : here .
That's how you get the Jill in the first picture.

EDIT: Don't load any characters. Directly load the .duf file.
Put the .duf here: "...\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 8 Female" then it shows up under Genesis 8 Female in Daz.

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
Have been working on that hot cougar Jade a bit. Based on the .duf from Night Hacker of course. <3

Gave her a different skin (which I find a bit more realistic looking), changed eye texture and makeup. Toned down her ass, made the shoulders a bit wider and worked a bit on the hips and waist area. Some subtle touches here and there. Oh, and a slight bit of abs, since I love that.

View attachment 2880863

View attachment 2880865

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In case anyone likes her, please find the .duf attached.
Used a number of assets I didn't keep track of. But when loading, you will see which assets you might be missing.

Damn, this is great. I never liked her, but your version makes me reconsider. Please continue with the "realistic" series

• Red Heart
Reactions: vendarr

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
Okay, do you guys have a guide on how to transfer an environment created for example in Maya to DAZ? Do I need to convert it to duf or will it be enough to transfer it in obj ? :unsure:

Tjure

Feb 24, 2022
Hey guys,

View attachment 2881190

Pay attention to both her nose and her mouth. Why do they look so different when compared to the reference model? I was under the impression that Jill was pretty much 100 % Imogen out of the box. I've also tried loading Victoria 8 HD firstly and then apply Imogen to her, to see if that made any difference. But it doesn't. Do I have to apply morphs? Is it my copy of Imogen messed up? LOL
Hey Jumbi,

first don't be afraid to do your kind of character. We are making fanart, not a documentary.
It doesn't matter how your char looks as long as people can recognize it. Feel free to change it or not.

Second, NightHacker changed quite some things. But he changed it to his liking. (which is absolutely o.k.) My recommendation is, look at the game files and decide for yourself what you want to make.

(FYI on page 19 of this thread, if i remember correctly, you find everything you need to make your own characters.)
Please keep going on. :)

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I'd recommend to download and install the scene subset (.duf) file from Night Hacker : here .
That's how you get the Jill in the first picture.

EDIT: Don't load any characters. Directly load the .duf file.
Put the .duf here: "...\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 8 Female" then it shows up under Genesis 8 Female in Daz.
Thanks. It looks that the problem is that I am actually missing some necessary files, since loading NH's scene subset makes absolutely no difference for me. I am still getting those weird looking tip of her nose and inflated upper lip. That being said, loading his scene subset has helped, since now I know that I am missing these files:

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Marcius/Leia/LeiaEyeFixLeft.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Marcius/Leia/LeiaEyeFixRight.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/RenderFem/Analeine 1.5/Analeine.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/RenderFem/Analeine 1/PHMEyelashesCurl.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/xenic101/Musculature/Flex/xFLXCollarUpR.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/xenic101/Musculature/FlexAlt/xFLXAltCollarUpR.dsf

Of which I know that I must not install Analeine. I'm gonna look for the four other files online and install them afterwards. But if you know to what packages they belong, please, by all means, feel free to tell me.

Hey Jumbi,

first don't be afraid to do your kind of character. We are making fanart, not a documentary.
It doesn't matter how your char looks as long as people can recognize it. Feel free to change it or not.

Second, NightHacker changed quite some things. But he changed it to his liking. (which is absolutely o.k.) My recommendation is, look at the game files and decide for yourself what you want to make.

(FYI on page 19 of this thread, if i remember correctly, you find everything you need to make your own characters.)
Please keep going on. :)
Hey Tjure,

Thanks. :D I'd actually like to mix up different characters at some point or play with morphs on them to get something more unique. With Quinn, for example, I spent quite a lot of time trying to fine-tuning her to make her look as true as the in-game's concept as I could. But in the end, I eventually ended up ditching the idea of retouching her face much, since:

Point no.1. I am probably not the best one at analyzing people's faces out there. :LOL: And...

Point no. 2. The more I looked at her in-game renders, the more insecure I felt about the final effect that adding a specific morph had on her face. So, in the end, my Quinn is pretty much 100 % Aurore with the Gem hair and a few third party wearables, besides giving her the Gem hair and a few third party wearables, when it comes to her face, I only morphed her eye cornea bulge, which I set on 100 %, and her iris size, which I made bigger by 25 %. And I provided her eyes with a slightly bloody sclera (that sadly does not match the pattern her scleras have in the game. So if anyone knows how DPC achieved that result and is willing to share that info, I would appreciate it very much). However, it is her body where she needed the more tweaking, since Quinn's figure is more athletic and sexier than Aurore's.

Anyway, at this point, when I still am pretty much learning to do things with Daz Studio, I'd rather spend most of my time on the actual scene making than playing with the characters. That's why I appreciate that Night Hacker shared his scene subsets with us. While Quinn or Jill may be easy to recreate without much effort, I can't imagine what kind of a head-ache must produce to get more mixed-up characters, like Josy, for example, decently enough recreated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tjure

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Nope. There's something definitely off within my Daz setup that makes Jill look different than intended, no matter what. I've already got the packages with those four files I was missing and installed them. But even after that, loading NH's scene subset still gets me the same weird looking parts on her face that I was getting before.

BTW, guys, how do you go on manually installing stuff for Daz? I specifically mean, what do you do when you are asked because you are about to overwrite existing files in your Daz library? (The more frequently you install new things, the bigger the chance that it can happen to you). I usually just keep the most recent version of the dupe file(s). But I am not actually sure if that is the right/best thing to do.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Nope. There's something definitely off within my Daz setup that makes Jill look different than intended, no matter what. I've already got the packages with those four files I was missing and installed them. But even after that, loading NH's scene subset still gets me the same weird looking parts on her face that I was getting before.

BTW, guys, how do you go on manually installing stuff for Daz? I specifically mean, what do you do when you are asked because you are about to overwrite existing files in your Daz library? (The more frequently you install new things, the bigger the chance that it can happen to you). I usually just keep the most recent version of the dupe file(s). But I am not actually sure if that is the right/best thing to do.
Overwrite, usually these are license files that do not affect anything. :)
Well, you can also forget that you installed an asset and load it again, this happens when your library grows.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Jumbi and Tjure

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Thanks. It looks that the problem is that I am actually missing some necessary files, since loading NH's scene subset makes absolutely no difference for me. I am still getting those weird looking tip of her nose and inflated upper lip. That being said, loading his scene subset has helped, since now I know that I am missing these files:

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/xenic101/Musculature/Flex/xFLXCollarUpR.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/xenic101/Musculature/FlexAlt/xFLXAltCollarUpR.dsf
Yeah, you will want to avoid ALL OF THESE virus morphs. I have since removed all of these. Maybe I'll re-upload a new DUF as I done A LOT of work to remove these annoying morphs. I deleted all such characters and morphs from my system. These are the worst offenders I have had.

You can load the DUF, IGNORE the missing files warnings, then resave the DUF as a new scene subset and they will be gone. I'll work on uploading a fixed version I think and let you know when I do.

Reactions: Jumbi

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021

Of which I know that I must not install Analeine. I'm gonna look for the four other files online and install them afterwards. But if you know to what packages they belong, please, by all means, feel free to tell me.

Hey Tjure,

Thanks. :D I'd actually like to mix up different characters at some point or play with morphs on them to get something more unique. With Quinn, for example, I spent quite a lot of time trying to fine-tuning her to make her look as true as the in-game's concept as I could. But in the end, I eventually ended up ditching the idea of using morphs on her, since:

Point no.1. I am probably not the best fisonomist out there. :LOL: And...

Point no. 2. The more I looked at her in-game renders, the more insecure I felt about the final effect that adding a specific morph had on her. So, in the end, my Quinn is pretty much 100 % Aurore with the Gem hair and a few third party wearables.

Anyway, at this point, when I still am pretty much learning to do things with Daz Studio, I'd rather spend most of my time on the actual scene making than playing with the characters. That's why I appreciate that Night Hacker shared his scene subsets with us. While Quinn or Jill may be easy to recreate without much effort, I can't imagine what kind of a head-ache must produce to get more mixed-up characters, like Josy, for example, decently enough recreated.

Okay, I just resaved and rezipped up my JILL Scene Subset, without the virus morphs. Go to the page for Jill and download the scene subset again, this time it won't have any of the offending morphs. I'll probably go over all of my scene subsets as I don't want those attached either and I'll reupload them again as I do.

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10362376

• Red Heart
Reactions: Valarcho and Jumbi

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
Pay attention to both her nose and her mouth. Why do they look so different when compared to the reference model? I was under the impression that Jill was pretty much 100 % Imogen out of the box. I've also tried loading Victoria 8 HD firstly and then apply Imogen to her, to see if that made any difference. But it doesn't. Do I have to apply morphs? Is my copy of Imogen messed up? LOL
Have you checked show hidden properties and then select currently used, under parameters? That's a good way of seeing if any extra morphs are being used.
Also what does your basic G8 female look like, does she have any nose distortion? You may have inadvertently saved a morph which now loads by default with every G8F figure.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Overwrite, usually these are license files that do not affect anything. :)
Well, you can also forget that you installed an asset and load it again, this happens when your library grows.
Thank you. (y)

Okay, I just resaved and rezipped up my JILL Scene Subset, without the virus morphs. Go to the page for Jill and download the scene subset again, this time it won't have any of the offending morphs. I'll probably go over all of my scene subsets as I don't want those attached either and I'll reupload them again as I do.

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10362376
First of all, thank you a lot. All right. The bad news is that Jill still looked this bad.

not_looking_good.png

For some reason, loading your scene subset even affected her hair adjustment. It doesn't matter, though. Finally, I figured out what was causing this strange look. Under the currently used parameters, quite a good number of morphs were active. Resetting their value fixed her appearance. What I don't understand is why I had those many morphs applied to her in the first place? I never applied them... Whatever. All is good now. :D

Have you checked show hidden properties and then select currently used, under parameters? That's a good way of seeing if any extra morphs are being used.
Also what does your basic G8 female look like, does she have any nose distortion? You may have inadvertently saved a morph which now loads by default with every G8F figure.
I was posting my previous message and didn't see yours, sorry. Yeah, it's crazy how many morphs, even hidden ones, she had applied. What a mess is that.

About this part: "You may have inadvertently saved a morph which now loads by default with every G8F figure".

How can that happen? And do you know the fix if any?

EDIT: Hahaha! Even the Genesis 8 Female figure is bugged. She also has a bunch of morphs applied when I load it. WTF! What have I done? OK. I'm gonna fix that mess.

EDIT 2: Ok, guys. I've fixed it for good for the time being. I don't know how it happened or what caused it, but as I said, the problem I was experimenting basically was that a load of morphs from some characters I have installed were being applied to every figure I loaded, even to the basic Genesis 8 Female figure. If you ever come across this issue, the following procedure, which I've just read in a post of the official Daz 3D forums, should fix the issue:

Easiest way to handle these;
1. Load your base figure or the developer version.
2. Zero the figure
3. Memorize the figure
4. File->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets
This procedure will zero the default value in the ill-behaving morph.

Last edited:

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
Thank you. (y)

First of all, thank you a lot. All right. The bad news is that Jill still looked this bad.

View attachment 2881751

For some reason, loading your scene subset even affected her hair adjustment. It doesn't matter, though. Finally, I figured out what was causing this strange look. Under the currently used parameters, quite a good number of morphs were active. Resetting their value fixed her appearance. What I don't understand is why I had those many morphs applied to her in the first place? I never applied them... Whatever. All is good now. :D

I was posting my previous message and didn't see yours, sorry. Yeah, it's crazy how many morphs, even hidden ones, she had applied. What a mess is that.

About this part: "You may have inadvertently saved a morph which now loads by default with every G8F figure".

EDIT: Hahaha! Even the Genesis 8 Female figure is bugged. She also has a bunch of morphs applied when I load it. WTF! What have I done? OK. I'm gonna fix that mess.

EDIT 2: Ok, guys. I've fixed it for good for the time being. I don't know how it happened or what caused it, but as I said, the problem I was experimenting basically was that a load of morphs from some characters I have installed were being applied to every figure I loaded, even to the basic Genesis 8 Female figure. If you ever come across this issue, the following procedure, which I've just read in a post of the official Daz 3D forums, should fix the issue:
Good to hear, you fixed it, all morphs load with all figures, that's why it can take a while for a figure to load, it's the ones that for some reason have a default value of 100% that cause problems.

As for how it happens, I'm not sure, I've never had it happen with 3rd party morphs, but it has happened from morphs I've created and saved that weren't zeroed out.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Okay, I went over ALL my Genesis 8 Female characters and redone them so that the virus/parasite morphs that attach themselves to all your G8F characters are now GONE! I also edited a couple of the pages while I was at it, but if you download the scene subsets, the new zips no longer have any of these annoying morphs attached.

Here's the pages with the new 7Z (zips) with the updated/cleaned scene subsets for anyone interested...

Updated G8F Scene Subsets...
Arieth - https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10703250
Avery - https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10427928
Bella - https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10219435
Bianca - https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10468310
Elena - https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-9799722
Jade - https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10119857
Josie - https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10004000
Lynda Henderson - https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10455929
Quinn - https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10277044
Riona - https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10540831
Sage - https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10939638
Sally - https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10277161
Sarah - https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10548420
Zoey - https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10163451

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Thank you. (y)

View attachment 2881751

Now you know why I resisted using Genesis 8 characters for so long! I had similar issues with them and just stopped using them for a long time and stuck to Genesis 3 characters.

Eventually I deleted ALL my Genesis 8 Female morphs as there just too many bugged morphs in there and then I added them in from a backup as I needed them, avoiding the morphs that were bugged.

This is my current G8F Morph folder...
G8F - morphs.jpg

And this is the size of my backup folder and what I USED to have in there...
G8F - morph backup.jpg

Some of these are the bugged morphs. I have identified a few bugged morphs, what I call virus morphs that attach themselves to everything and sometimes mess up G8F characters. I mainly seen a lot of annoying issues with eyes, so now I am VERY careful what I add back in.

This is a list I have of Morphs to ignore that attach to everything in sight...
Morphs to ignore and keep removed!
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/RFem/Ana B9/Analeine.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Breast Control/Nipples Size.dsf
/data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Marcius/Leia/LeiaEyeFixLeft.dsf
/data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Marcius/Leia/LeiaEyeFixRight.dsf

I would also include many Zev0 morphs. My Josie had a lengthy list of them added to it that I NEVER used. I always use "Real World" morphs. Nothing else.

Last edited:

vendarr

Jan 22, 2019
Do you have the HOTs for Josy? So do I.
Based on Night Hacker 's .duf file (thank you once again, mate!), I tried my hands on a slight makeover.

Tweaked a couple of body sliders and worked a tiny bit on head and face as well. Changed skin (Victoria 8), put together some makeup (Ultimate Makeup for Genesis 8) and gave her some eyebrows I find more realistic (Ultimate Eybrows for Genesis 8).

Josy 001.png

Josy 002.png

In case someone wants to check her out, I have attached the .duf file.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes