Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
My first render of Maya. As usual, the post that Night Hacker published about her assets has proven extremely useful (big thanks to you, man). I still went through the hassle of doing things step by step rather than just loading NH's scene subset, though. Sure, this meant more work for me, but I also believe that I learnt some things along the way; the most important of them all is that DT - Yolanda's skin (used by Maya) is a horrible pain in the ass, seriously.

As for this rendering itself, I should have used either a different angle for the main source of light or a more artificial approach for the lighting as a whole (notice the ugly pattern of shadows on Maya's face). But I tried to get a more natural look instead, which did not work as I wanted to. Oh well, it is what it is. Next time I will do better, hopefully.

EDIT: If you notice, there's some nipples poking through. That was not intended, obviously. XD I'm rendering a version that fixes that right now.

EDIT 2: The fixed image. I also made her expression warmer.

EDIT 3: OK. I just exported the image as .jpg with Photoshop to reduce its size and be able to upload it directly here. Sorry for the inconvenience before.

maya001.jpg

Last edited:

scooman

Oct 8, 2022
Not bad, not bad at all, and not just because of Mona, such a pity she was written out, have you tried using decals?
Thank You :D
I have it but did not use. Thought i will do all foam stuff with Photoshop.
What i tried was Car Girls. There are also car wash presets. But didn`t work with Mona G3.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
My first render of Maya. As usual, the post that Night Hacker published about her assets has proven extremely useful (big thanks to you, man). I still went through the hassle of doing things step by step rather than just loading NH's scene subset, though. Sure, this meant more work for me, but I also believe that I learnt some things along the way; the most important of them all is that DT - Yolanda's skin (used by Maya) is a horrible pain in the ass, seriously.

As for this rendering itself, I should have used either a different angle for the main source of light or a more artificial approach for the lighting as a whole (notice the ugly pattern of shadows on Maya's face). But I tried to get a more natural look instead, which did not work as I wanted to. Oh well, it is what it is. Next time I will do better, hopefully.

EDIT: If you notice, there's some nipples poking through. That was not intended, obviously. XD I'm rendering a version that fixes that right now.
There is one problem. Your picture didn't load.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I get mostly this icon only with your post. Are that my Browsers?
There is one problem. Your picture didn't load.
Guys, I have reuploaded a fixed version of the image you could not see. Is it still invisible for you? I could not upload it directly here because by a very little margin it exceeds the 15 MB size that is the maximum this server accepts, so I had to upload it to ibb.co, where I had uploaded other images before. I can see it posted here and I can see it directly on ibb.co, regardless of if I am logged into that website or not.

Just tell me if you can't see it yet and I will find an alternative. Thank you.

EDIT: Just uploaded a compressed version to this server. That should have fixed the issue you had. (y)

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Guys, I have reuploaded a fixed version of the image you could not see. Is it still invisible for you? I could not upload it directly here because by a very little margin it exceeds the 15 MB size that is the maximum this server accepts, so I had to upload it to ibb.co, where I had uploaded other images before. I can see it posted here and I can see it directly on ibb.co, regardless of if I am logged into that website or not.

Just tell me if you can't see it yet and I will find an alternative. Thank you.

EDIT: Just uploaded a compressed version to this server. That should have fixed the issue you had. (y)
Yes, I see it now. That's good, Depth of Field does the magic. I recently started using the built-in tool in DAZ for DoF, and it’s better than a whole hour of post-processing in Ps.

Reactions: Jumbi

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Yes, I see it now. That's good, Depth of Field does the magic. I recently started using the built-in tool in DAZ for DoF, and it’s better than a whole hour of post-processing in Ps.
You mean enabling the camera DOF in Daz or something different? I use the cam DOF all the time, honestly. Post work in Photoshop is something I know very little about at the moment, though. I know how to do only the really basic, basic stuff. Of course I also must improve with Daz itself, but with PS, I'm way behind.

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021

EDIT 2: The fixed image. I also made her expression warmer.

EDIT 3: OK. I just exported the image as .jpg with Photoshop to reduce its size and be able to upload it directly here. Sorry for the inconvenience before.

View attachment 2939973
Nice work! I don't blame you for doing it yourself, always best to learn if needed.

With that said... there's something that seems... off... with her face in your render. Could be just me though.

• Red Heart

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
You mean enabling the camera DOF in Daz or something different? I use the cam DOF all the time, honestly. Post work in Photoshop is something I know very little about at the moment, though. I know how to do only the really basic, basic stuff. Of course I also must improve with Daz itself, but with PS, I'm way behind.
Yeah, I'm using cam DOF now. Ps a little more harder, not as intuitive as DAZ.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Nice work! I don't blame you for doing it yourself, always best to learn if needed.

With that said... there's something that seems... off... with her face in your render. Could be just me though.
Thank you! :D Since I did things manually, it is entirely possible that my version of Maya is missing some features when compared to yours. Or the other way around, that I may have put something in the mix that you did not.

This is how my model's face looks in Daz when the default environmental light fully shines on her face. I believe her resemblance to the original model is there. But I may be wrong, of course.

Don't hesitate to give your honest opinion, people.

maya.jpg

That looks really good, Geralt. (y) One of your best works IMHO.

Last edited:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Thank you! :D Since I did things manually, it is entirely possible that my version of Maya is missing some features when compared to yours. Or the other way around, that I may have put something in the mix that you did not.

This is how my model's face looks in Daz when the default environmental light fully shines on her face. I believe her resemblance to the original model is there. But I may be wrong, of course.

Don't hesitate to give your honest opinion, people.

View attachment 2941029

That looks really good, Geralt. (y) One of your best works IMHO.
Yeah, that looks a lot closer. Could have been the lighting and expression.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Guys, do you know what is the hair the MC uses as of the haircut by Bella in episode 8? Perhaps it has already been mentioned. But I don't have any info on it nor can I find anything useful upon searching for it in the thread. Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind. It happens that I already had it in my Daz library. Probably some time ago, when I was looking at past posts in the thread, I must see this post, by JiiEf, and I downloaded it and installed it back then.

I think that it is indeed .

Last edited:

Lou Gojira

Jan 5, 2022
would really appreciate some feedback/tips on what to improve for the next ones.
You're off to a great start! I'm a FAR CRY from being an expert in DAZ, but I'd recommend zooming the camera up on your subject matter a lot more for starters. Also, don't be afraid to get in there and mess with the lay-out of things; in other words try to push your image into looking a lot less "out of box" and more personalized.

Either way, please stay at it because again, you've got a lot of potential. Have fun with it all. :cool: (y)

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes