Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
Please ignore how the male model doesn't look like John Boy at all, haven't had the time to search for proper assets yet.,
Welcome, and congratulations on your work. You will gradually improve the result of your scenes. A few little pointers that I hope will help you:

1. Controlling external light from windows and from internal lighting is quite difficult and gives often bad results, especially for beginners (different light temperatures, lighting angle settings, etc.). For that in the last render, Elena looks strangely lit. At first, try only indoor light - "Scene only"(the option I've highlighted). I sometimes use illuminated surfaces like the one I show to add more light. With it, you achieve even lighting. There is also the option to use 3 light sources (information can be found in many places)
1695199343605.png

That way you get quality lighting and you'll be happy with the result.
jill_office-pw.jpg

2. Additionally when you include the window in your render the environment outside looks unreal. So avoid showing them at least at this stage. In their place you can place a primitive panel that illuminates through the window. For a quality render, light is everything.
1695200834497.png

3.As Lou Gojira said. Zoom in on the camera. This is a link for working with the camera when creating portraits - .
Many things that apply to photography apply here. Your main subject is the model. The room or background is just an add-on (in your photos you seem to be focused on the plates and glasses on the table, and somewhere far back there are some people..doing something :unsure: ). Focus on them.

There are of course many more things that you will learn yourself when you learn some things. It is good that there is a lot of information.

With more experience, you will get better results. Just don't stop experimenting. Check out the tutorials on YouTube. Then just pick a model asset from our favorite game and create(y).

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
~ ALT: Mature (I will save her, hurr durr) Quinn~

View attachment 2946400

~Been playing with age for a future creation, and decided to use it a bit here too~
The age effect looks very convincing. (y) I've tried some products, with the idea of making older characters look younger, and never got good results, honestly. Perhaps it is that I did not use them properly, I'm not sure.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: The Glorious LIME

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
and never got good results, honestly. Perhaps it is that I did not use them properly, I'm not sure.
First of, thanks. Been playing with it a bit recently, doing a kid/teen/standard/mature and granny version of a certain DIK character. This was just something to play with aging a bit more, till I finish that one. Overall I use a mix of few products, to get what I want. Than depending on age, I sometimes use a different skin to add the aged/spotty skin. Overall, it's just trial and error, nothing more. So keep at it and don't be afraid to combine.
with the idea of making older characters look younger
cop-police.gif

Reactions: Jumbi

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Then she will lose the only two good things about her :ROFLMAO:
Actually, I was wrong, she wouldn't be straight as she is bi-sexual, and there's no way to flip that (unless she's a monk? Hmmm). She would probably be more interested in some man... the same ones Quinn is doing now, seeing as how she would also be changed. ;)

It could be kewl to make a visual novel where you slip into an alternate reality, even if briefly. I think the dev should drop everything and remake it! :p

• Haha
Reactions: TREXrg and sava75
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes