Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
KRJ looks fantastic. I'm glad you did something with her for Halloween. I like the spooky forest too.

It's not too late, right?

View attachment 3050455

View attachment 3050456

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hot damn! I feel like almost all of these are better than what we ended up with for the Halloween party. Great job and bravo!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tjure and Jumbi

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Hot damn! I feel like almost all of these are better than what we ended up with for the Halloween party. Great job and bravo!
You're most kind, thank you! I mean if it's Halloween, it makes all the sense in the world to respect the spooky theme as much as possible.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Icekatana

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
Halloween Special
Vampire Special
looks like I missed the date... oh well :devilish:

The most beautiful,gruesome bloody background,
eyes that radiate fire,hatred and fury and the sharpest teeth of two beautiful murderous vampires,
really masterful gorgeous,g1nk !!:love::love:

Reactions: g1nk

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Nice! I see you are still having issues with the fireflies in some renders, like this one. Besides some other recommendations you already got, like increasing the max samples count or using the post denoiser, one other thing you can try if you have a good graphics card is rendering at a higher resolution and then downscaling the render to the desired final resolution.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: ChaosKen

ChaosKen

May 1, 2022
Nice! I see you are still having issues with the fireflies in some renders, like this one. Besides some other recommendations you already got, like increasing the max samples count or using the post denoiser, one other thing you can try if you have a good graphics card is rendering at a higher resolution and then downscaling the render to the desired final resolution.
Sad... I didn't see the fireflies after the render on Daz, but they emerged after I increase the clarity in PS. Spent too much time on the pose and was too tired so I just left them in there. Lol

I read that these fireflies are side-effect of ghost lights....

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Sad... I didn't see the fireflies after the render on Daz, but they emerged after I increase the clarity in PS. Spent too much time on the pose and was too tired so I just left them in there. Lol

I read that these fireflies are side-effect of ghost lights....
I still like your render a lot, even if it has fireflies. :D

About the ghost lights part that you mention, I have a basic understanding of what they are, but haven't used them yet, so I'm surely missing important knowledge about them. With that said, I see no logical reason to think that just by using them in a scene there's a bigger likelihood of fireflies appearing. After all, are they not basically invisible light sources or am I missing something here?

• Red Heart

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
I still like your render a lot, even if it has fireflies. :D

About the ghost lights part that you mention, I have a basic understanding of what they are, but haven't used them yet, so I'm surely missing important knowledge about them. With that said, I see no logical reason to think that just by using them in a scene there's a bigger likelihood of fireflies appearing. After all, are they not basically invisible light sources or am I missing something here?
Ghost lights don't work the same as they used to, in DAZ 4.16 and earlier you could use normal lighting values when using ghost lights, but apparently it was a bug and Nvidia "fixed" it. So now to use ghost lights the cutout opacity needs to be set at .0000001 and the intensity set to something like 10000000.00 to counter the opacity, and in my experience this has led to very noisy renders which take a lot longer to clear up, and may lead to fireflies.

Also instead of using small lights with high settings I prefer to use larger lights with lower settings, depends on the effect you're going for I guess.

Because of better ghost lights and render statistics box (memory usage summary etc) I still use 4.16. I have both versions installed, but 4.16 is my go to.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ChaosKen and Jumbi

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Ghost lights don't work the same as they used to, in DAZ 4.16 and earlier you could use normal lighting values when using ghost lights, but apparently it was a bug and Nvidia "fixed" it. So now to use ghost lights the cutout opacity needs to be set at .0000001 and the intensity set to something like 10000000.00 to counter the opacity, and in my experience this has led to very noisy renders which take a lot longer to clear up, and may lead to fireflies.

Also instead of using small lights with high settings I prefer to use larger lights with lower settings, depends on the effect you're going for I guess.

Because of better ghost lights and render statistics box (memory usage summary etc) I still use 4.16. I have both versions installed, but 4.16 is my go to.
Interesting. I installed the new v4.22 yesterday. It's still too soon for me to know whether I like it more than 4.21, though. By the way, together with the release of this newer revision of the Studio, they published some short introductory videos on their YT channel. And in one of them they introduce a script that turns a primitive (a sphere in the video) into a ghost light.

ChaosKen

May 1, 2022

Thanks mate for the detailed expanation. You are right, I go for ghost light as it is easier (or so I think) to mimic a light source such as small lamps and lights. Might go for emissive primitives in the future.

ChaosKen

May 1, 2022
Interesting. I installed the new v4.22 yesterday. It's still too soon for me to know whether I like it more than 4.21, though. By the way, together with the release of this newer revision of the Studio, they published some short introductory videos on their YT channel. And in one of them they introduce a script that turns a primitive (a sphere in the video) into a ghost light.
Wary to install latest updates... scared of crashes. Any reported bugs?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes