Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

sugarfreepls

Jan 15, 2023
Well, it's going to be difficult for me to say since you would also have that issue without the mod installed since that is a PinkCake music file sorter, not mine (it's there by default). Install the mod inside a clean (unadulterated) version of the VN and you'll be fine, otherwise it's likely to do with some shenanigans you've done on your end considering the tens of thousands of installs and the only music issue is it not saving favorites ATM.
No worries, I figured it out. I smoothed brain and downloaded s3 of the vn instead of s1&2. Thanks for reaching out to help anyway

Jhonius

Sep 30, 2020
I got a little issue while playing the game with the mod, the problem being in the first freeroam of episode 9 in the chat with maya it gets an error and i dont know what to do.. so i just wanted to know is i can do something to fix it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I got a little issue while playing the game with the mod, the problem being in the first freeroam of episode 9 in the chat with maya it gets an error and i dont know what to do.. so i just wanted to know is i can do something to fix it.
As it states in the OP, don't mix mods. There's no variable named "mod_gr" in either the unmodded VN nor in SanchoMod. So, you either are doing some other shenanigans or your save file is borked from previously using some other mod/hack. You tell me which and we can go from there.

Jhonius

Sep 30, 2020
As it states in the OP, don't mix mods. There's no variable named "mod_gr" in either the unmodded VN nor in SanchoMod. So, you either are doing some other shenanigans or your save file is borked from previously using some other mod/hack. You tell me which and we can go from there.
Oh, yeah I guess I did had another mod in this playthrough at some point.. oh well now I know I just have to replay the game with this mod and to not use one of the other saves I got :FacePalm:.

Anyways thanks for the help man I appreciated (y)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh, yeah I guess I did had another mod in this playthrough at some point.. oh well now I know I just have to replay the game with this mod and to not use one of the other saves I got :FacePalm:.

Anyways thanks for the help man I appreciated (y)
All your saves from other hackery may not be borked tbh... but it's going to be a bit of a crap shoot. Feel free to try if you wish.

Reactions: Jhonius

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
i tried this mod only unlock gallery, but reward 2D couldnot unlock :'(
SanchoMod has always had its own gallery, it has never unlocked a stock gallery and is intended, so those remain as achievements. Access the mod's gallery via the "SanchoGallery" button. See the preview pics in the OP.

Squirrliens

May 10, 2019
Season 3 is completely broken for me. As soon as it enters free roam and you can text Maya it gets an error and breaks. Can't get past it. Only ever had this mod

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Season 3 is completely broken for me. As soon as it enters free roam and you can text Maya it gets an error and breaks. Can't get past it. Only ever had this mod
What error? You have to be more specific if you are seeking assistance. Attach the traceback file to your post (attach the actual file, not a huge screenshot/copy-paste).

TheAnkh

Jan 9, 2023
I am getting a mod_gr error while trying to text Jill in the first free roam as well, and I have only ever used your mod. It's a fresh install with a save Important from S1-2 with your Mod Installed again.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I am getting a mod_gr error while trying to text Jill in the first free roam as well, and I have only ever used your mod. It's a fresh install with a save Important from S1-2 with your Mod Installed again.
No, that's not entirely true. You certainly used another mod/hack before. That imported save appears to have the exact issue mentioned here. As I stated there's no variable named "mod_gr" in either the VN or in SanchoMod... but I'd bet good money that variable is found somewhere else ;). It's your save file which was made using some other mod/hack and it's now in your export, I guarantee it.

Anonymouse_mccheese

Jul 26, 2021
Can you edit the variables in the stat screen? I'm not talking about money and stuff but about the True/False things in the menu like "Ep1_InsultedWorker True" can I make that false?. the mod I used for season 1&2 allowed me to do that and it was very helpful.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Can you edit the variables in the stat screen? I'm not talking about money and stuff but about the True/False things in the menu like "Ep1_InsultedWorker True" can I make that false?. the mod I used for season 1&2 allowed me to do that and it was very helpful.
Currently stat screens only report, they don't edit. The only variables I allow edit are in SanchoCheats. This is by design to insure folks don't bork their saves. I understand that this theory might rub some folks the wrong way but considering the thousands of players that currently have borked saves from using "other" methods it becomes obvious why I coded it this way. As a "workaround" I use the SanchoNotifications for suggested save points so that a player can quickly load a sound save and play a different choice rather than mucking up something via an all out cheat mod. Make sense?

Reactions: Anonymouse_mccheese

Lano2x

Aug 2, 2018
this mod is awesome but in my opinion the cheats from the og version was better and had a more easier interface but everything else in this mega mod is great awesome actually keep it up

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
this mod is awesome but in my opinion the cheats from the og version was better and had a more easier interface but everything else in this mega mod is great awesome actually keep it up
I appreciate the constructive criticism, sincerely. The cheats section is (in it's current phase) completely intentional as even though I could simply allow the player to change everything willy-nilly, it's that exact situation that has got many of their save files fucked up beyond repair. I try to supply cheats that are major as all the hundreds of minor one's mean little to nothing at the end of the day besides some dialogue variants and minor scene changes. I know it's not perfect but I'm doing my best to find that balance that allows the player to change the major components (within reason) while guarding their saves from becoming a complete mess. That's has been the gameplan of the coding method from the get-go anyway. Regards.

Reactions: Lano2x

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
View attachment 2363445
any one have this bug ? This screen keep repeating
Yes i have the same in the save made in previous update with "ALL". I can not finish this free roam in this version with all girls which is the one i am most interested in. Bella is invited by Jill, gets in first with a mask on the head then in the scene with Sage, Josy and Maya she is dressed as mummy as if the MC invited her.. then it jumps again back to where she comes without a costume, gets a mask and so on and on and on...

I thought ok maybe i should play a save with a choice of girls. So I started playing Josy and Maya save. This one goes only till the Haunted Basement where on whatever you click it doesn't zoom in and you cant continue. I did this quest in the ALL version and went ok so i know how to do it but with Josy and Maya it doesn't work so i cant play this save either.

I do not have the patience to try another save which will again stop before the end so i decided to play the game without the mod because this mod SUX! Anybody knows where the old mod from scrappy is (if it was updated to this version)? That was a very good mod!

And yes, at the beginning, this mod had a warning that if i played another mod before i should "click here" and fix it, which i did but .. it did not help ...

TheAnkh

Jan 9, 2023
No, that's not entirely true. You certainly used another mod/hack before. That imported save appears to have the exact issue mentioned here. As I stated there's no variable named "mod_gr" in either the VN or in SanchoMod... but I'd bet good money that variable is found somewhere else ;). It's your save file which was made using some other mod/hack and it's now in your export, I guarantee it.

As I said, both Season 1-2 and Season 3 were played with your Mod alone. I haven't downloaded or was aware of the existence of any other mods.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yes i have the same in the save made in previous update with "ALL". I can not finish this free roam in this version with all girls which is the one i am most interested in. Bella is invited by Jill, gets in first with a mask on the head then in the scene with Sage, Josy and Maya she is dressed as mummy as if the MC invited her.. then it jumps again back to where she comes without a costume, gets a mask and so on and on and on...

I thought ok maybe i should play a save with a choice of girls. So I started playing Josy and Maya save. This one goes only till the Haunted Basement where on whatever you click it doesn't zoom in and you cant continue. I did this quest in the ALL version and went ok so i know how to do it but with Josy and Maya it doesn't work so i cant play this save either.

I do not have the patience to try another save which will again stop before the end so i decided to play the game without the mod because this mod SUX! Anybody knows where the old mod from scrappy is (if it was updated to this version)? That was a very good mod!

And yes, at the beginning, this mod had a warning that if i played another mod before i should "click here" and fix it, which i did but .. it did not help ...
Well, to be fair YOU fucked up your save, not this mod, so I'd say your previous methods of hackery suck, not SanchoMod as it had nothing to do with your issue at all. You're venting obviously but the issue is because YOU fucked up your save file by using a "All/Harem" force from something outside of SanchoMod which does NOT work and will NEVER work. That's on you, not me. You can't expect me to fix all your problems you gained while fucking up and performing shenanigans with other products/hacks, it's simply not my responsibility to fix your previous fuck ups. All you can do is blame yourself. There is no harem possibility with this VN unless someone takes the time to completely, 100%, rewrite the entire VN. Accept that or not, you do you.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Night Hacker

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
As I said, both Season 1-2 and Season 3 were played with your Mod alone. I haven't downloaded or was aware of the existence of any other mods.
As I said too, there is no " mod_gr " variable in either the unmodded VN nor in SanchoMod. You got that from some other method. That's the facts according to your post:
which is identical to the traceback found here. We can both guess with over 99% accuracy where that variable came from.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes