Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
i heard that there is a variable which counts how much time you spent with either josy or maya in their route, is there going to be a cheat whihc would allows us to alter it?
That variable was there in act 9. I do think it should be removed tho. At the end of act 9 you talk about not keeping score. Unless It will be used for some way to get to the solo paths of the two at some point. But what do I know. Just speculation.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Are people still traumatized from Acting Lessons?
Nah not personally traumatized. I'm old enough that I've lived through enough real tragedy that a work of fiction isn't gonna scar me.
I thought it was bad writing and terribly forced. I went into BaDIK with doubts and while I enjoy the story I am somewhat concerned he hasn't outgrown his "edgy" writing phase.
Some things do still make me facepalm though like Maya and Josy being concerned about people being judgy about a gay relationship on a modern college campus. Really DPC?
Religious dad part I get but the rest is silly IMO.
Still overall a great story.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
i heard that there is a variable which counts how much time you spent with either josy or maya in their route, is there going to be a cheat whihc would allows us to alter it?
That variable was there in act 9. I do think it should be removed tho. At the end of act 9 you talk about not keeping score. Unless It will be used for some way to get to the solo paths of the two at some point. But what do I know. Just speculation.
There's no hard count variable. If anyone can prove otherwise then I'm game to hear it. The only "counter" in Ep9 is a temp var that Pink uses throughout the entire VN. We all use them in code for, well, temporary purposes then recycle them for later use. In this case the variable is named tmpInt2.

Now, the only thing in Ep10 (which is not a counter at all) is a choice made while on their dual path of either Solo(Josy) or Solo(Maya) which only changes the LI solo scene that proceeds the choice and a bit of dialogue.

That's it really. So, don't be concerned with any choices between Josy/Maya on their pathing for now... you are free to do what you wish without any change in the relp (to date).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

1702416063072.png

Progress Report:
  • Mod Core updating: Done
  • ChoiceGuide (including all phone apps): Done
  • SanchoGallery: Done
  • SanchoCheats: Done (except the few complex minigames for later processing)
  • Stat screens: Done
  • UI tweaking: Done
  • MiniStat choreography and final route detailing:
    • Others/Alone: Done
    • Bella: Done
    • Jill: Done
    • J/M: Done
    • Sage: Done
  • Code cleanup and build prep: ~95%
  • Final build and integrity checks: 0%
I'm going to take a short smoke break outside, kick the dog for a minute (that's terminology folks, don't freak out), then get this beast of an update processed. I'll be back shortly.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
SanchoNote

View attachment 3168155

Progress Report:
I'm going to take a short smoke break outside, kick the dog for a minute (that's terminology folks, don't freak out), then get this beast of an update processed. I'll be back shortly.
Almost there. ;)

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
SanchoNote

View attachment 3168155

Progress Report:
awesome, I am playing Sunshine Love right now with your mods and enjoying it, once you get this mod done I'll switch back to season 1/2 of BaDIK

jwhu

Nov 25, 2020
This is from a post i saw like a year ago. just do all their scenes then pick josy in ep 5 and maya in ep 7 or vice versa to keep it even and get +3 rp for both in ep9

$ tmpInt = 0

if ep8_maya_lewd:
$ tmpInt += 1

if ep5_followed_maya:
$ tmpInt += 1

if ep7_solo_maya:
$ tmpInt += 1

if ep3_mayaLewd:
$ tmpInt += 1

if ep9_maya_lewd:
$ tmpInt += 1

$ tmpInt2 = 0

if ep8_josy_lewd:
$ tmpInt2 += 1

if ep5_followed_josy:
$ tmpInt2 += 1

if ep7_solo_josy:
$ tmpInt2 += 1

if ep7_josy_lewd:
$ tmpInt2 += 1

if ep7_left_with_josy:
$ tmpInt2 += 1

Reactions: bratkoratko

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This is from a post i saw like a year ago. just do all their scenes then pick josy in ep 5 and maya in ep 7 or vice versa to keep it even and get +3 rp for both in ep9

$ tmpInt = 0

if ep8_maya_lewd:
$ tmpInt += 1

if ep5_followed_maya:
$ tmpInt += 1

if ep7_solo_maya:
$ tmpInt += 1

if ep3_mayaLewd:
$ tmpInt += 1

if ep9_maya_lewd:
$ tmpInt += 1

$ tmpInt2 = 0

if ep8_josy_lewd:
$ tmpInt2 += 1

if ep5_followed_josy:
$ tmpInt2 += 1

if ep7_solo_josy:
$ tmpInt2 += 1

if ep7_josy_lewd:
$ tmpInt2 += 1

if ep7_left_with_josy:
$ tmpInt2 += 1
See post here. It's just a temp variable to change dialogue as necessary within the scene... it is later changed to a value of zero so it can be recycled. I'm telling you it's a nothing-burger... overcooked at that. Trust me.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Are people still traumatized from Acting Lessons?
Far and away the worst AVN I've ever played. And it will never be beat. I don't think I was able to enjoy a single minute of AL. And since playing it I will never be able to play another game blind ever again. That game might as well be called "Subverting Expectations". Just a relentless onslaught of depression, sadness and failure.

Never again. So yeah you can put me on the "traumatized" list.

BaDIK still has a bunch of the flaws AL did. Which is why so many consider DPC's writting to be absolute ass (which it absolutely is, imo). Dude cannot, for his life, make an emotional scene feel natural without going overboard. It's a talent.

Reactions: Xythurr

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
Far and away the worst AVN I've ever played. And it will never be beat. I don't think I was able to enjoy a single minute of AL. And since playing it I will never be able to play another game blind ever again. That game might as well be called "Subverting Expectations". Just a relentless onslaught of depression, sadness and failure.

Never again. So yeah you can put me on the "traumatized" list.

BaDIK still has a bunch of the flaws AL did. Which is why so many consider DPC's writting to be absolute ass (which it absolutely is, imo). Dude cannot, for his life, make an emotional scene feel natural without going overboard. It's a talent.
I've never touched AL for the reason everyone says don't play it, my understanding is that, the ending was kind of a buzz kill and bittersweet, maybe I've not really looked into the writing as much as I should but I do notice inconsistencies here and there but the over all feel for me is that there is some envelope pushing now and things are getting more crazy.

Reactions: RNasc4444

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
See post here. It's just a temp variable to change dialogue as necessary within the scene... it is later changed to a value of zero so it can be recycled. I'm telling you it's a nothing-burger... overcooked at that. Trust me.
Also if there are bools tracking every interaction, dr pinkcake can at any moment, use them to calculate time spent without a dedicated variable.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I've never touched AL for the reason everyone says don't play it, my understanding is that, the ending was kind of a buzz kill and bittersweet, maybe I've not really looked into the writing as much as I should but I do notice inconsistencies here and there but the over all feel for me is that there is some envelope pushing now and things are getting more crazy.
AL was much better than BaDiK. Not the renders. BaDiK is superior in that aspect. After all these years, I still play AL trying to get one illusive ending.

Reactions: Elduriel

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Also if there are bools tracking every interaction, dr pinkcake can at any moment, use them to calculate time spent without a dedicated variable.
There are no such booleans... it would require a dictionary or a list to be appended at a minimum anyway tbh. He does hijack your Discord (not via SanchoMod though) but that's the only tracking being done that I've ever found.

TRKaiser

Apr 11, 2023
Disco lights? Please, take a screenshot and post as a thumbnail or within a spoiler tag so I can visualize what it is you are talking about. I've never had an issue with scene effects carrying over to other scenes so maybe we can figure out what is going on with your situation. Regards.
Did y'all ever find out what was causing this? I have the lights from the party still going on in Ep. 10 as well and they don't seem to be going away.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
There are no such booleans... it would require a dictionary or a list to be appended at a minimum anyway tbh. He does hijack your Discord (not via SanchoMod though) but that's the only tracking being done that I've ever found.
You disable that shit yeah?

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes