znar25

Apr 25, 2021
DPC has configured BaDIK for Steam and GOG. This probably took more time than Interlude because he had to configure the entire Season 2 for Steam and Season 1-2 for GOG.

Interlude was created for two reasons, as DPC wrote to us. First, to make Season 2 compatible with Season 3 and their save games, and second, because he wanted to outsource the Zoey intro because EP9 would have been too big otherwise. Ergo, we actually already have part of EP9. If he hadn't done that, the development of EP9 would be at the same stage as it is now, but without us being able to play Interlude.
Where the contribution of the Interlude to the main story is dubious. Had Interlude never been brought up, you would not have anyone saying, "hey, maybe we need a separate Zoey back-story."
Of course, now, all water under the bridge.

QnotU

Dec 4, 2019
There's not really "endings" yet, because the game is far from over. Jill Solo Path
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Bella kinda has 2 outcomes, depending on if you where only going for Bella, or Jill and Bella.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah I used "endings" more in the sense that these are the endings for now until Season 3 begins. Didnt know that she ghosted both of them even if you werent pursuing Jill, though.

Jul 22, 2022
Where the contribution of the Interlude to the main story is dubious. Had Interlude never been brought up, you would not have anyone saying, "hey, maybe we need a separate Zoey back-story."
I’m hoping that it will be a much more appreciated part of the game, when the next update is out. Hopefully it will seem increasingly relevant, in a retroactive sense, as the story evolves.

I say this because I’m assuming that Zoey has a lot of scenes, and impact upon the events in the next episode. So first thing that I’m doing upon release is to replay the interlude, to get a fluent and continuous transition.

Last edited:
Reactions: dalli_x

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
When you open the door, he calls you a fucker and tells you twice to leave him. At that point, after weeks (?) in the past of putting up with his shit, you can either console him or walk away.
Here you hit on exactly why I think Steve's "important decision" is misplaced. If DPC had made that important decision before he opened the door, probably 100% of the players would choose to just walk away because the MC would not be personally involved.

But the door is open.

My opinion on the chick option is simple. Steve was an ass to the MC, there's no denying that. But the MC could also be a dick to Steve in EP1 (e.g., by painting Steve's picture), so I suppose that went back and forth between the two for 2 months. During that time they were more or less on the same wavelength, so it was reasonably even.

But with Major Choice, Steve is on the outs. His reaction of calling the MC an asshole is actually normal given their history. My personal decision wasn't made until I looked at both choices and read the sentences that clinched it for me.

Talk to him:
MC: "I know you and I don’t get along that well..."
MC: "...but I'm not that narrow minded or evil that I’d enjoy seeing you cry."

Walk away:
MC: "I’ll leave you to sit there and cry in your corner."

DPC itself has written that players should decide as they personally see fit. Personally, I think if I'm down, hopefully there's someone who would help me up. It doesn't matter who that is. And this is where karma comes into play for me. Can I expect something from others that I am not willing to do myself?

That's just my point of view. Everyone has to decide that for themselves.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I’m hoping that it will be a much more appreciated part of the game, when the next update is out. Hopefully it will seem increasingly relevant, in a retroactive sense, as the story evolves.

I say this because I’m assuming that Zoey has a lot of scenes, and impact upon the events in the next episode. So first thing that I’m doing upon release is to replay the interlude, to get a fluent and continuous translation.
the only plus in the interlude that may enrich the future of the game is how Zoey handled the issue of Emma (since she is also the only choice in the interlude that the game keeps track of)

personally Zoey lost and not gained from the interlude as a character, among other things also eliminating any suspense about her return

the Zoey of MC's tale to Bella was a more badass character than the one we later found again

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
This question does not arise for me. DPC tells its story and we as players are tourists on this journey, not the tour operator.

I wrote a long time ago, after I first saw the Zoey flashback, that Zoey would reappear. I can still remember the reactions to that. No, it won't happen because it's just a flashback, DPC only put it in play as a stop-gap, etc.

Neil knows the MC the best and the longest. Logically, he is his father. But Zoey comes in second. It was predictable so Zoey wouldn't remain just a flashback.

We can't know Zoey's contribution to the main story yet and that contribution could be very important. We should not discuss whether Zoey was important to the story until we know more about Zoey's contribution to the main plot.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
This question does not arise for me. DPC tells its story and we as players are tourists on this journey, not the tour operator.

I wrote a long time ago, after I first saw the Zoey flashback, that Zoey would reappear. I can still remember the reactions to that. No, it won't happen because it's just a flashback, DPC only put it in play as a stop-gap, etc.

Neil knows the MC the best and the longest. Logically, he is his father. But Zoey comes in second. It was predictable so Zoey wouldn't remain just a flashback.

We can't know Zoey's contribution to the main story yet and that contribution could be very important. We should not discuss whether Zoey was important to the story until we know more about Zoey's contribution to the main plot.
Zoey returning was always a given.

She didn't need the interlude though, and delay the game a year.

QnotU

Dec 4, 2019
is this game back in development? thanks...
It has at no point ever stopped being in development. The updates usually take about 5-6 months to release. We got an interlude episode back and March, and the entire season 2 was ported to Steam and GOG, and the next episode is due out end of October-mid November

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

Zoey's return was not taken for granted by many players. Possibly so that you personally took Zoey's return for granted. Then at least we have a common thought for once.(y)

The interlude does not delay the game by a year. DPC would have written Zoey's story either way. He just moved the story out of EP9 and there were two reasons for that. A technical reason and because EP9 would have become too big otherwise. DPC told us this decision after EP8 came out.

And I repeat myself. It is not our decision whether it needed the interlude or not. There are players who are happy with it and there are players who are not happy with it. But the fact is, Interlude exists.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't know. She smoked, she wore black clothes, she was a goth, she had tattoos and a nose ring... She was basically a less attractive Riona with no lines. :unsure:
Those characteristics remained...

now plus we know that she got bored in San Diego, that she went there for granny (if she had played astronaut she would have gone to Cape Canaveral, if to be a cop to Quantico) and that she comes back mainly because she ran out of money

I don't see that as an improvement in character :unsure:

Reactions: ename144

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Definitely could be wrong, but I think one of the HOTs (Mel?) was a commenter on Zoey's not-Twitter incident. So that could end up coming around when Zoey eventually makes it to campus.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020

now plus we know that she got bored in San Diego, that she went there for granny (if she had played astronaut she would have gone to Cape Canaveral, if to be a cop to Quantico) and that she comes back mainly because she ran out of money

Another girl with no money, how quick into the reunion does MC offer to give her his inheritance?

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Definitely could be wrong, but I think one of the HOTs (Mel?) was a commenter on Zoey's not-Twitter incident. So that could end up coming around when Zoey eventually makes it to campus.
I understand you there. The Rooster answers imply that people from the campus are behind avatars, if you only look at the writing. There are similarities in the rhetoric of some characters. But DPC himself has written so that he repeats himself in his rhetoric and he himself has to watch out so that he does not repeat himself.

But make up your own mind about it. These are my thoughts on it.

- "Wow! Is that you, Zoey?" (Sage or Maya)
- "What a whore!" (Sarah or Melanie)
- "A friend stealing your ex? That's disgusting!" (I don't know)
- "Haha! Oh my god! Zoey!" (Josy.)

- "TITS!" (Tommy)
- "Slut!" (MC.)
- "Is is just me or are those tits saggy for her age?" (Derek)

screenshot0003.png

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020

Exactly!!! It was pretty obvious she was going to return at some point. I was hoping she would because I do enjoy the drama. We didn't need the Interlude. It was super boring and a waste of time. I was scared looking at 98% of those characters. Those characters look like you need a vaccine to be in the same vicinity.

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
- "A friend stealing your ex? That's disgusting!" (I don't know)

View attachment 2050481
That always looked like Rose (the stripper) to me.

Ive not touched the Interlude since the two reads i did after it come out. Planned only to do it again with ep9 to get Zoey fresh in my mind. But that screenshot made me remember that i had a stray thought of "How does the stripper know these people?"

Yeah yeah, i know theres too much tatts on the Rose in the Interlude rooster cluck but its not always fresh in your mind how people look exactly at every single point in time. Avatars are not always actual 1:1 portraits either. Now I doubt its Rose but it very well could be.

Reactions: zarachi and dalli_x

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
That always looked like Rose (the stripper) to me.

Ive not touched the Interlude since the two reads i did after it come out. Planned only to do it again with ep9 to get Zoey fresh in my mind. But that screenshot made me remember that i had a stray thought of "How does the stripper know these people?"

Yeah yeah, i know theres too much tatts on the Rose in the Interlude rooster cluck but its not always fresh in your mind how people look exactly at every single point in time. Avatars are not always actual 1:1 portraits either. Now I doubt its Rose but it very well could be.
I think she looks like the goth esque chick we see around, previously talking to Becky in early seasons and most recently banging the preps on the last episode.

I'm pretty sure it's same tattoo just the girl in the cluck looks skinnier.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I think she looks like the goth esque chick we see around, previously talking to Becky in early seasons and most recently banging the preps on the last episode.

I'm pretty sure it's same tattoo just the girl in the cluck looks skinnier.
I assume you mean this girl. The hairstyle is similar, but the tattoo is not the same. The wings are missing.

screenshot0001.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BigBlueDude

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022

I think it does; these extra details make her less of a stereotypical "rebel (without a clue)" she initially appeared to be.

Also, she doesn't come back mainly because she ran out of money. She comes back because she's realized what she had dreamed of wasn't really what she thought it'd be, and that her old life was better in comparison. If she had fun in San Diego, it wouldn't be exactly hard to make money and just keep living there, like thousands of other people already do, without any inheritance from dead grandma.

Reactions: CoalPhelps
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes