ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
If we talking about Jill again...I'm wondering if anyone noticed Jill's strange and atypical behavior in the prologue of Episode 5? The moment she meets Rusty.
What do we know about Jill from the main plot? She is a very mannered, shy and modest girl. Jill has such good manners that she is afraid to quarrel with someone and it's just embarrassing for her to say no. She couldn’t even respond normally to Tybalt’s harassment until the end of Episode 8. Although at these moments it’s noticeable how uncomfortable his courtship is for her, especially in the second season. Or she will not say anything to the MC who behaves like a pig, for example, peeps at her panties. She is silent, although the MC receives -1RP Jill. This is the Jill we know.
But here's what we see when Jill meeting Rusty:
Oh, another rich boy hitting on me
View attachment 2089214
View attachment 2089215
When Jill finds out who Rusty is, she releases her best line in the whole game:
View attachment 2089218 View attachment 2089221
That smug face when Jill fried Rusty and leaves is pure gold
View attachment 2089222
View attachment 2089232
It's also worth mentioning her response when Rusty mentioned Romeo and Juliet:
"Haha, if you think that, you should read that book again"

And it's all very strange. And it doesn't fit with everything we know about Jill and what Bianca said about how she "pulled Jill out of the shell", which is to say, hinting that she was even more shy. What's going on here? Jill in her first year of college is a rather bold, open and charismatic girl who easily turns off an annoying guy who tring to charm her. I would say that in the prologue, she carries herself like a confident aristocrat, and not a tower princess, isolated from the world. Which we know from the main scenario.

I'm a little confused. Maybe Jill was broken after she got into B&R? Maybe the tragedy with Lana happened not so long ago? Who has theories? Is this just a DPC plot error, or could the event that changed Jill actually happen in the last two years?
I've always thought that exchange was weird. Jill makes a big deal of not telling the MC her surname supposedly because people are always trying to use her for her family. Yet when Rusty makes clear he *doesn't* know who Jill's family is, the first thing she does is pull rank on him. Similarly, as you say, this Jill is far more self-assured than the Jill who goes crying to Bella at the thought of having to live up to her deal with Tybalt. (Then again, Jill was a lot less feeble in Season 1 so the contrast wasn't quite as stark back when Episode 5 came out.)

Really, I think it just comes down to DPC being something of a sloppy writer at times. Jill hid her family from the MC to butter up the player about how super-special-awesome the MC is (and tease the mystery of her family a bit). Jill one-upped Rusty with her family because it made for a cool, humorous scene. The fact that Jill's behavior is inconsistent across both scenes doesn't really concern DPC because we weren't meant to compare them; if we were, he would have made explicit reference to the proper comparisons in the game.

DPC is very good at fleshing out his characters, it's one of his big strengths. But he's happy to cheat on small details if they get in the way of the of a given scene he wants to write.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
The good news is that we know the approximate scope of the episode and will be able to predict the release dates with relative accuracy. I think November, although still likely, its chances are decreasing. It's hard to believe that he will be able to create 80 animations and renders during a month. So December is probably becoming our month.

I don't think he has milks. He just works the way he feels comfortable because he has a super loyal audience and no one puts pressure on him. He calls himself a professional, but his approach to planning is rather amateurish. For example, the fact that he doesn't want to hire himself even an assistant speaks about him. He doesn't want to expand the business, he is satisfied with his pace of development and the money he receives. Other developers are investing heavily in creating a large team, but not him. Why? This is arrogance. He thinks that his art is better than others, that he and the rest of the developers are there.

Adding extra content to the game is also arrogance. He wants to show everyone what he can do, he likes to bathe in the rays of love and glory. Why does he ban all the dissatisfied? Because it brings discomfort to his world where he is the best developer in history. In fact, we always knew that DPC has a complicated character., to put it mildly, and we thought that this wouldn't affect the development. They were wrong. This will be reflected and is reflected in a direct way. His hysteria about the fraudster even looks artificial and as an excuse for why he didn't do anything.

In general, I would advise everyone not to expect much from episode 9. According to him, he worked hard and intensive on the branches of Sage and Isabella, and left the rest of the branches (especially Jill) for the last stage. He won't be able to create all branches equally good. Some will be good and interesting, some boring and tortured. The same Halloween free roam may be the biggest disappointment. Free roams have already become annoying since episode 7, where, apart from the central party, there were quite a lot of its and often useless, but in episode 8 there were so many of it that you just ran through them as soon as possible.
From what I read, I thought he was just playtesting those routes and the major bulk of ep 9 is finished. Now he's doing something for God knows what but I'm pretty sure anything else for the specific routes will just be like finishing touches or something. I mean, if 95% of the renders are already done then I think it's safe to say he's pretty much done working on that and it's just playing through the routes for final edits. Unless he gets another jolt of inspiration then, see you guys in 2023 I guess.

See that's the thing about the increasingly higher expectations as development time goes on. I'm always doubtful when things get hyped this much. At this point, I'd rather just see a further continuation of the story than "Oh cool, he put that one thing in the game. Awesome!". Seems like a cart before the horse type of thing. It's like talking about all the cool garnishes the chef has put on the plate before but the actual next course hasn't come out yet. I love the small details he puts into the dialogue but that's something that can be appreciated when accompanying the actual "meat and potatoes". I'm running on fumes, my guy.

Still in comparison, a lot of devs just serve you a boiled boot and call it a game. In DPC's case, it's like he comes out with fireworks and says "LOOK AT ALL THE FUCKING FIREWORKS, GUYS!" Everyone's hyped but I'm just sitting there like "Ok that's pretty damn cool but it's been 7 months since the appetizer was served."
I'm not saying I'd rather eat the boot but I'm also not saying that delaying each successive course for an increasing number of intricately cut carrots and tomatoes makes much sense either.

Reactions: georsak

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
I've always thought that exchange was weird. Jill makes a big deal of not telling the MC her surname supposedly because people are always trying to use her for her family. Yet when Rusty makes clear he *doesn't* know who Jill's family is, the first thing she does is pull rank on him. Similarly, as you say, this Jill is far more self-assured than the Jill who goes crying to Bella at the thought of having to live up to her deal with Tybalt. (Then again, Jill was a lot less feeble in Season 1 so the contrast wasn't quite as stark back when Episode 5 came out.)

Really, I think it just comes down to DPC being something of a sloppy writer at times. Jill hid her family from the MC to butter up the player about how super-special-awesome the MC is (and tease the mystery of her family a bit). Jill one-upped Rusty with her family because it made for a cool, humorous scene. The fact that Jill's behavior is inconsistent across both scenes doesn't really concern DPC because we weren't meant to compare them; if we were, he would have made explicit reference to the proper comparisons in the game.

DPC is very good at fleshing out his characters, it's one of his big strengths. But he's happy to cheat on small details if they get in the way of the of a given scene he wants to write.
I don't think, it's comparable, Rusty brags with his name and power, Jill using her name is (only in this case) some kind of self defense. It's obvious that she doesn't like to use a well known family name to impress others, with MC it is other than with Rusty. She has feelings for him (at least no distraction like with Rusty, based on their first meeting), it's like she wants to test MC if he is for her or her name.

But as many times mentioned, she also has some things like a superior complex, helping others without getting pegged for (and maybe not with the result she is hoping for).

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
But she never extends that same understanding to her relationship with the MC. She even acknowledges, to Bella, that she fucked up and 'wants to fix it', but never once acknowledges to the MC that she should stay the fuck out of his business when he's told her to.
But given the outcome of the event in question she actually did know better than MC in that particular case.
on what occasion would MC get involved in an affair he was told to stay away from? maybe with Quinn?
Yeah, except that he (DPC) has made it very clear this is based on an American university
it has nothing to do with whether Jill is right or not, it has to do with whether she has the right, and she doesn't
Ilhares and others have brought up this notion Jill has no right to interfere when MC asked her not to multiple times. It's baseless.

I'm not familiar with the US college experience, but a cursory glance suggests that like educational institutions elsewhere there's no tolerance for violence on campus & there's an expectation to report incidents ( ). Given the in-game B&R disciplinary meeting, it's obvious their institution has similar rules. So Jill has every 'right' to report the incident.

The 'wants to fix it' comment was because she realises following the rules & reporting it has damaged her relationship with the MC, not that she did the wrong thing. Looking the other way is how bullying & other chronic violence persists, if anything reporting it is the moral thing to do.

Of course the MC & many players might not like it for various reasons, but it's got nothing to do with Jill not having the right to do so.

Konek Besar

Oct 3, 2022
Just started this game 3 days ago, quite interesting but I was mindblown
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, had to pause the game and collect my thoughts for a while.

Btw, I just started episode 5 and the latest discussion here is about Jill only, are the other characters’ path not interesting enough? I was thinking either Sage or Josy+Maya path if it’s frustrating to be with Jill.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020

Btw, I just started episode 5 and the latest discussion here is about Jill only, are the other characters’ path not interesting enough? I was thinking either Sage or Josy+Maya path if it’s frustrating to be with Jill.
Last scene of episode 3.

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
All of the relationships are worthy, it just depends on who you're into. Right now the thread is talking about Jill, but if you want to talk about MJ, go right ahead.

Konek Besar

Oct 3, 2022
All of the relationships are worthy, it just depends on who you're into. Right now the thread is talking about Jill, but if you want to talk about MJ, go right ahead.
Since this game is still in development, it’s hard to decide who to pursue as there’s no ending yet. Hence, I’ll go with the dating everyone option first until the game forces me to choose. Then, I’ll have multiple saves to explore each relationship.

Reactions: allanl9020142

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Since this game is still in development, it’s hard to decide who to pursue as there’s no ending yet. Hence, I’ll go with the dating everyone option first until the game forces me to choose. Then, I’ll have multiple saves to explore each relationship.
It's probably worth it to start those multiple playthroughs now (after your first one), since we're ostensibly half-way through the game. The first runthrough is fun because you get to fuck around and find out, for better or worse, but the other paths are just different enough to make it worthwhile. Plus going forward, the upcoming Chapter Nine is (theoretically) where it will really start to diverge.

Konek Besar

Oct 3, 2022
It's probably worth it to start those multiple playthroughs now (after your first one), since we're ostensibly half-way through the game. The first runthrough is fun because you get to fuck around and find out, for better or worse, but the other paths are just different enough to make it worthwhile. Plus going forward, the upcoming Chapter Nine is (theoretically) where it will really start to diverge.
Ok sure, but I did have a different save before Sage’s path, before MJ’s path so I can still revisit.

Alright, thanks for the heads up. Will keep that in mind.

Jun 12, 2020

Sage is the BEST. Highly recommended. imo order of paths are: Sage >>>>> Maya + Josy > Bella > Jill.
Of course, no disrespect to the other characters and their paths, I personally think that all paths are good as I've played all of them. Jill could be slightly annoying at times but it's a good path to be on nonetheless.

Konek Besar

Oct 3, 2022
Sage is the BEST. Highly recommended. imo order of paths are: Sage >>>>> Maya + Josy > Bella > Jill.
Of course, no disrespect to the other characters and their paths, I personally think that all paths are good as I've played all of them. Jill could be slightly annoying at times but it's a good path to be on nonetheless.
When I first started, I thought the MG is either Josy or Maya but I was dead wrong.

Right, that’s why I selected Sage’s path now and see how it goes. I agree that Jill is annoying but I guess that’s how she was written.

Reactions: FlorenThanos Perez

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Yes, I'm also thinking about this version, it was made for a good scene. If Jill was like this throughout the game, then I would even like her and would be much higher in the LI list.

Reactions: CoalPhelps
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes